Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Rangers & Celtic

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]...because Barcelona, like Cardiff and Swansea are in the United Kingdom..................let me just check that.[/quote]Except, of course, that''s irrelevant. Wales is a principality and are allowed to have their clubs played in the English League system (much in the same way that Monaco play in the French League, and teams from Liechtenstein play in Switzerland). And historically Welsh clubs have always played in England; they didn''t even have their own league until relatively recently.Scottish teams have as much right to play in England as Spanish teams do, i.e. none. Maybe they would like to get in touch with the German or French FAs to see if they have any places going spare...? If they are "too big" for their own League then that''s something they just have to deal with. Perhaps Barcelona feel they are too big for the Spanish League and would like a move here too?[/quote]Berwick Rangers..................English team playing in Scotland.

the Barca comment was silly.......stop trying to justify it.

Wouldn''t it make more sense, and benefit Scottish football better, if they somehow reorgainzed things to make them more competitive rather than having their top 2 teams playing outside the country?  If those 2 teams get mixed into England, why not just blend ALL of the Scottish teams into all of the English divisions and have a British Football League?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So can I take it you''d be in favour of the Old Firm playing in England or are you just looking for an argument for the sheer hell of it.[/quote]actually I want everything to remain the same.....I just didn''t like the anti Scottish sentiment and the fact that you think Spain (Barca) have as strong a relationship to England than Scotland does. I''m Scottish - but when asked I describe myself as a British Scotsman. I think the Union is great and being British is something to be proud of - so saying Barca have as much right as Rangers and Celtic to play in England is silly and got right up my nose. I love England just as much as I do Scotland.I take it from your lack of response to the Berwick fact means that you didn''t know about it - fair enough, though it makes a lot of your defence null and void really.So no, I don''t want an argument just for the sheer hell of it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]...because Barcelona, like Cardiff and Swansea are in the United Kingdom..................let me just check that.[/quote]Except, of course, that''s irrelevant. Wales is a principality and are allowed to have their clubs played in the English League system (much in the same way that Monaco play in the French League, and teams from Liechtenstein play in Switzerland). And historically Welsh clubs have always played in England; they didn''t even have their own league until relatively recently.Scottish teams have as much right to play in England as Spanish teams do, i.e. none. Maybe they would like to get in touch with the German or French FAs to see if they have any places going spare...? If they are "too big" for their own League then that''s something they just have to deal with. Perhaps Barcelona feel they are too big for the Spanish League and would like a move here too?[/quote]Wales a principality??? Get a grip man. It was occasionally referred to as a principality decades ago but it never actually was constitutionally. As it is a COUNTRY, with a CAPITAL, and a GOVERNMENT.Tell Craig Bellamy that it isn''t a country or just ask FIFA as your so worried about countries, borders and sovereignty.

Stop the nonsense please sir.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wouldn''t it make more sense, and benefit Scottish football better, if they somehow reorgainzed things to make them more competitive rather than having their top 2 teams playing outside the country?  If those 2 teams get mixed into England, why not just blend ALL of the Scottish teams into all of the English divisions and have a British Football League?[/quote]Definitely HC. I''ve often thought that they should learn from the MLS in terms of capping and maybe drafting form rangers and celtic youth from a young age, with a set fee buyback if Rangers and Celtic wnated them back. Wage capping would be the one though.

The laws covering football in England include no racist chanting or singing. The games between Rangers & Celtic are full of chanting & singing of racist and religious abuse to one another. I think the law will keep them north of the boarder.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST