Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

The only thing that bothers me about us doing well is......

Wether Lambert gets taken off our hands & we fall back into a scenario again of having to find a new manager.  Also lamberts record proves he hasnt been that loyal to any club has he ?

[quote user="NCFC-47"]i just worry :/[/quote]Pointless worrying about things you cannot change.You might as well worry about the imminent euption of Yellowstone National Park (aka a supervolcano).

[quote user="Lrrr"]I''d rather be in this situation than having a manager like Grant, Roeder or Gunn who are not up to standard.

Admittedly though, Lambert doesn''t have the greatest record for loyalty, when bigger clubs come after him.
[/quote]

That may be true but what bigger club than Norwich is likely to come after him. The days where we lost good young managers to the top teams are long gone. We maybe the biggest club he ever manages!

Little ol'' Norwich[:^)] Not on your life[H][;)]

For a club  bigger than us to come in, Lambert will have to get us back in the Championship and challenging near the top end of that division imo.

Totally agree Longy.

In my opinion Lambert is going to have to get us out of this league and fighting for promotion to the premiership for a "bigger team" to want to come in and take him off our hands.

In some ways, if Lambert decides to move on, then he will have done his job. We brought in a manager that knew the lower leagues and that we felt had enough experience and quality to get us out of this league. What if Lambert can get us fighting at the top of the championship but hasn''t got that quality as a manager for that final push. We could be looking for a new manager and looking to move Lambert on.

It''s all relative really. I for one will continue to hope he improves our team and gets us back where we belong.

Keep up the good work Mr. Lambert.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Wether Lambert gets taken off our hands & we fall back into a scenario again of having to find a new manager.  Also lamberts record proves he hasnt been that loyal to any club has he ?
[/quote]

I understand your worry but think we are now in the Top 6, not second, not first, I don''t know any clubs at this moment who had sacked their manager will take a closer look at Lambert, since he achieve nothing at the moment!

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Wether Lambert gets taken off our hands & we fall back into a scenario again of having to find a new manager.  Also lamberts record proves he hasnt been that loyal to any club has he ? [/quote]

Ok, so when Hull, Pompey, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Brum etc come calling why would anybody to go to a smaller club, with poor support so will always struggle in the Prem. Remember we are a big club compared to them just fallen on very hard times. Much more rewarding to succeed here and be a legend then move onto a huge club a fail, just ask Mr Walker!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="NCFC-47"]Wether Lambert gets taken off our hands & we fall back into a scenario again of having to find a new manager.  Also lamberts record proves he hasnt been that loyal to any club has he ?
[/quote] Ok, so when Hull, Pompey, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Brum etc come calling why would anybody to go to a smaller club, with poor support so will always struggle in the Prem. Remember we are a big club compared to them just fallen on very hard times. Much more rewarding to succeed here and be a legend then move onto a huge club a fail, just ask Mr Walker!![/quote]

Hmm let me think.... Money? Career advancement? I think you''re being slightly naive if you truly believe that Lambert would turn down a premiership managerial position (i know this is highly speculative) to stay at Norwich even if we were in the Championship. In that scenario the only thing that I can  stopping him would be if we were in the top 6 and even then it might not if it was the right team/offer. He''s already shown that he will happily do what''s best for his career (no offence to ColU but we all know who the bigger club is) to the detriment of the team he manages, why would this change for Norwich? He doesn''t owe us any debt of gratitude nor does he have any strong ties to the club, so if a team higher up the league structure came calling I have no doubt he would accept the offer.

I''m not criticising Lambert btw just stating what I believe to be the reality of the situation.

If someone poaches him it means he''s done his job. That means geting us out of this division.

I''d take that now.

Personally, I am just enjoying the fact we have employed a decent manager for once, with a brain. Well done McNally and Lambo.

Just a few months ago we had Doncaster and Gunn running the show. Jesus wept.

What happens in January when clubs want to buy are players?

Only thing that would bother me....is if Lambert was to be successful in returning us to the Championship - and then went to the board for more support and finance to maintain and strengthen the squad.....and another ''Martin O''neill Moment''.....materialised.

So he then sez...."THAT''S IT, I''M ORFT!"

Hopefully, the Chairman and our CE Mr Mac are foresight men - as opposed to hindsight men.....( I do think that they are).

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]What happens in January when clubs want to buy are players?[/quote]

That''s when McNally and Lambert lock horns. It will be interesting.

If he gets poached, then it will because we are doing very well and in the top 2 and we can have no complaints really. But like people say, it''s not worth worrying about it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]What happens in January when clubs want to buy are players?[/quote]

Now that really does worry me.[:(]

[/quote]Yep.That is certainly of more immediate and genuine concern at the moment.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Now that really does worry me.[:(]

[/quote]

Yep.

That is certainly of more immediate and genuine concern at the moment.
[/quote]

Until we get new owners with more money things will never be any different, if we were taken over and the manager had funds avaliable for players in January I don''t think anyone would want to leave anyway. We would then be regarded as a club on the up rather than a club that is stuck in a rut simply because it''s owners can''t afford to run it anymore. We are doing well at the moment and things on the pitch are looking better than for some time but the crucial factor is whether or not we come under new ownership in the not too distant future imo.

my main concern will be at the end of the season, when we reach in the play offs, win or lose, and then Celtic sack mowbray and come calling for their old captain

We''ve one three league games in League One in a row. Fantastic, but not quite what other teams would deem as real success.

It is testament to how far we have fallen in the past few years that a couple of wins over Britsol Rovers and Carlisle have us worrying our manager will be poached!

I doubt anyone else has even noticed him yet.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]We''ve one three league games in League One in a row. Fantastic, but not quite what other teams would deem as real success.It is testament to how far we have fallen in the past few years that a couple of wins over Britsol Rovers and Carlisle have us worrying our manager will be poached! I doubt anyone else has even noticed him yet.[/quote]100% Agree on that. [Y]