Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Finally, we can be optimistic for once!

In the past couple of seasons a few wins on the trot would mean we climb up a couple of places into the top half, and the next couple of games we would probably lose.  I think though that we are finally going in the right direction and will keep this run going.  A point at Leeds would be great and then hopefully we can carry on our good home form agaisnt Swindon and we will be right up there.

I think we finally have a manager and coaching staff that know what they are doing.  Everyone in the team is playing well and we are scoring goals for fun through out the team.

I know I''m stating the obvious, but I feel the urge to say it! [:D] 

[quote user="singing canary"]a win at leeds would be better or am i being greedy....!!!![/quote]

Obviously a win would be better but, if someone offered me a 1-1 draw I would bite their hands off!!!!![:D]

After 12 games you can get some idea of our true position and I have to say that it certainly looks a good deal better than after the first game of the season.

A short while ago people were saying the top two had gone and we had no chance of automatic promotion. That idea is starting to look less tenable with every passing game. Thirty four games left and all to play for in my opinion.

Not everyone thought the top two had gone Rickyyyy, some of us always fancied we could finish above Charlton. Haven''t seen Leeds yet but as I pointed out at the time Leicester and Peterboro weren''t top after six games.

But it''s a good feeling when optimism abounds on these boards. However I rather suspect it will be another quiet weekend on the forum and those whose job it is to sell the annoying adverts will be hoping we lose a few sooner rather than later.

Onwards and upwards.....

As someone once said [:S]

We are only 6 points off the promotion places but the top 4 are getting very close now as the top two drop points which they were bound to do. All we have done is get ourselves back into the mix, we are where we had hoped to be. Now it''s time to consolidate, get something from both our next two games and then we will know anything is possible.....

[quote user="First Wizard"]Since Lambert came here, this is the most optomistic and positive I''ve been for years![Y][/quote]

Yes, its wonderful what a few wins will do for morale.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not everyone thought the top two had gone Rickyyyy, some of us always fancied we could finish above Charlton. Haven''t seen Leeds yet but as I pointed out at the time Leicester and Peterboro weren''t top after six games.

But it''s a good feeling when optimism abounds on these boards. However I rather suspect it will be another quiet weekend on the forum and those whose job it is to sell the annoying adverts will be hoping we lose a few sooner rather than later.

Onwards and upwards.....

As someone once said [:S]

[/quote]

Yes Nigel, I hadn''t given up all hope of a top two finish either. It''s far too early in the season and still loads of points to play for.

We could argue whether its Lamberts management skills or Gunny''s astute purchases ithat have made the difference but in the end I''m just pleased to have a bit of hope to hold on to.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Since Lambert came here, this is the most optomistic and positive I''ve been for years![Y][/quote]

Ah yes, the glory days of the Glen Roeder honeymoon.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Ah yes, the glory days of the Glen Roeder honeymoon.

[/quote]

Ah yes, the diffence is, I actually WANTED Lambert here![:|]

Helen, good quesiton. When was the last time we were in top 6?!?!?!

Cant have been when we won the Division 1 was it? :O

My heart say we will beat Leeds but my head doesn''t, they are top of the tree and still the unbeaten side in the Football League. I think their success was mainly from their academy players.

But of course, we have our own academy players which will give us some hope, so, a great game expected on next Monday night!!!

This is Norwich so we are allowed to be optimistic until the first "setback" (and you get them in any season) - after which we will get the usual responses:

- It''s all Delia''s fault - get her out

- I always said we should have gone for Aidy

- Doc is unsettling the team and it was just a matter of time

- This is the worst Norwich team I can remember since the 1930/1 season (mainly from my Dad!)

- If only we''d have stuck with Bryan Gunn

We''ve had so many ups and downs over the past few seasons (but mainly downs!) that it gets more difficult to get excited, suspecting that ultimately you''ll be disappointed.  At the moment though it''s the best I''ve felt about things for 3/4 years so let''s hope it just carries on!  YELLOW ARMY!!

Now we should play "The Sky''s Falling In Bingo" Dronny. We could tick these off as they happen[Y]

Anyone think of any more?

Back posts from the "usual suspects" would help[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now we should play "The Sky''s Falling In Bingo" Dronny. We could tick these off as they happen[Y]

[/quote]Tangible Fixed AssetsWhy did we not get rid of Doncaster sooner?Why is Stephan Phillips stopping news getting into the press?  We all know what is secretly going on.McNally should never have been let anywhere near this club, who does he think he is?  This is NOT the Norwich way....

[quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

I recall us being 2nd in the Championship after 3 or 4 games into Worthy''s last season here.

[quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

On another thread someone said it was September 2006 . . . if correct, the atmosphere at CR was as poisonous as I''ve ever known it with people screaming for Worthy''s head, and he was sacked less than a month later [:S]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Tangible Fixed Assets

Why did we not get rid of Doncaster sooner?

Why is Stephan Phillips stopping news getting into the press?  We all know what is secretly going on.

McNally should never have been let anywhere near this club, who does he think he is?  This is NOT the Norwich way....
[/quote]

"We should never have sacked Gunny" [:D]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Tangible Fixed Assets

Why did we not get rid of Doncaster sooner?

Why is Stephan Phillips stopping news getting into the press?  We all know what is secretly going on.

McNally should never have been let anywhere near this club, who does he think he is?  This is NOT the Norwich way....
[/quote]

"We should never have sacked Gunny" [:D]

[/quote]

sorry just seen that on original list . . . let''s try

"It''s all Peter Cullum''s fault for unsettling the club"