Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Football. Bananas, Norwich City & St. Lucia

Most of you will probably not have the time - or be so inclined - to read The Observer article referenced below and that is totally understood. However, hopefully some of you will.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/11/banana-price-war-supermarkets

On reading this article I was struck by some parallels between the new paradigm facing Norwich City and similar clubs - and the changed economic landscape facing Windward Island countries such as St. Lucia.

Just as 20-25,000 good souls of Norfolk remain faithful to the basic cause so many more of us support at Carrow Road, I am requesting that the the good people who populate this noticeboard strongly consider buying only Fair Trade bananas - and resisting the blandishments of ruthless price-cutters who would peddle bananas below or close to cost and in the process endanger the very fabric of some very wonderful small, island developing countries who find themselves financially hemmed in with few realistic options (ring a bell????). And if some of you would further spread the message to your families, friends and associates then that would be great too.

Unzip a (fair trade) banana today!

One love.

OTBC

The third most popular item,after petrol and lottery tickets.Who''d have thought it!!? I only buy fair trade anyway,but cheers!!

[quote user="Herman "]The third most popular item,after petrol and lottery tickets.Who''d have thought it!!? I only buy fair trade anyway,but cheers!![/quote]

Cheers Herman, but it looks like we''re lonely today.

Pity -  but still, unzip a (fair trade) banana today.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Most of you will probably not have the time - or be so inclined - to read The Observer article referenced below and that is totally understood. However, hopefully some of you will.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/11/banana-price-war-supermarkets

On reading this article I was struck by some parallels between the new paradigm facing Norwich City and similar clubs - and the changed economic landscape facing Windward Island countries such as St. Lucia.

Just as 20-25,000 good souls of Norfolk remain faithful to the basic cause so many more of us support at Carrow Road, I am requesting that the the good people who populate this noticeboard strongly consider buying only Fair Trade bananas - and resisting the blandishments of ruthless price-cutters who would peddle bananas below or close to cost and in the process endanger the very fabric of some very wonderful small, island developing countries who find themselves financially hemmed in with few realistic options (ring a bell????). And if some of you would further spread the message to your families, friends and associates then that would be great too.

Unzip a (fair trade) banana today!

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Shut up you nutter!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Herman "]The third most popular item,after petrol and lottery tickets.Who''d have thought it!!? I only buy fair trade anyway,but cheers!![/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s not hard to work out why you are lonely when you spend your sundays trying to get people to buy Fair trade bannanas!

[quote user="Rastaman"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s not hard to work out why you are lonely when you spend your sundays trying to get people to buy Fair trade bannanas!

[/quote]

Dear oh dear, oh dear.

Do you even know what the difference is between a rasta and a dread?

smoking rasta dancing banana emoticon

OTBC