Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

Thanks Gunny

..... You might not be the greatest manager the game has seen, but you do know how to scout good players.

With the likes of askou, holt, hughes all turning out to be gems and for bringing some of the younger players into contention

Well done.

[quote user="Hucks NO Legend"]

..... You might not be the greatest manager the game has seen, but you do know how to scout good players.

With the likes of askou, holt, hughes all turning out to be gems and for bringing some of the younger players into contention

Well done.

[/quote]...............................John Deehan..................................

Well done.

[/quote]

You are Bob Franklin and I claim my £10.00[:D]

i am not bob franklin..... totally differant person thanks very much.

Also i think it is both gunny and deehan that scout players.

so i shall change my thanks well done Gunny and deehan for finding some gems of players

Just wish we could leave this Gunn fest. He also brought in some not so good players. His record is not that brilliant compared with many other ''scouts''.

He took us down to the third tier of football, He accepted a job he must have known he wasn''t qualified for.

We all know and accept that Gunny is a decent man but this continual lauding of him is getting embarrassing.

Sorry folks - Perhaps I''m just tired!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Yeah lets not forget also Maric, Skippy, Whaley, Tudor Jones WLY McFact, a 7-1 home humiliation and relegation, get real Melissia!

[/quote]

Wiz if you read my post i never said he was the greatest manager ever i said he was pretty poor. But some of the players he did find like the ones i mentioned arnt to bad

What a riduculous post. I guarantee half the people who watch Norwich play every week could sign 12 players and at least half of them would turn out to do a decent job in this division.

If you''re going to go down that road then you might as well thank Roeder for sending Spillane and Martin to Luton and knocking some sense into them.

It''s managing said players that is the tricky part. A skill that proved a long way beyond a certain Mr Gunn

Doesn''t matter who recommended Askou or who ever, Gunn bought him. End off, don''t matter if it was Deehan, Obama or Jordon, Gunn signed him. I thank him for some, I may question some more.

As for Maric, the clammer to sign him here was  huge.

Gunn didn''t do a good job in managing the club, though I would blame the board more than Gunn for the relegation - when he came in we were just outside the bottom 3 needing someone who definately could keep a side up. The board appointed Gunn when had no managing experience at all, so it was almost certain he would fail. The reason I blame the board more is that they should have thought more carefully about who they should appoint.

I know Gunn did bring in some bad signings - eg Theoklitos, but personally I think that Grant Holt is a brilliant signing, though I''m not saying that you do too.

Bryan Gunn is certainly no legend at the club as a manager, but personally I still think that he is still a legend as a player

Yep, let''s thank Gunny for getting us relegated and spunking most of our cash on probably 50% rubbish, 50% decent players. Great!

Well done.

[/quote]

Your username shows you clearly know nothing about football. Your post backs up that point. Most of the players Gunn signed have been awful. Only 2 out of about 11 were in the team on saturday. Go figure!

Well done.

[/quote]

Just got home shattered and needed a good laugh.  Thanks mate![:D]

I have heard a rumour that Bryan Gunn was sacked due to a training ground flare up with Ian Butterworth [allegedly] and nothing to do with the previous season’s relegation or the 7-1 defeat.

This rumour has some credibility for one thing NCFC had a good pre-season, secondly the board had said that he had their backing just prior to him being dismissed. The timing seemed somewhat strange and I don’t believe it had much to do with the Colchester defeat or the relegation. Realistically if you sacked a manager after one heavy defeat there would be more out of work than in. I think there might be some ttuth in this.

Has anyone else heard anything?

[quote user="Bowater"]

I have heard a rumour that Bryan Gunn was sacked due to a training ground flare up with Ian Butterworth [allegedly] and nothing to do with the previous season’s relegation or the 7-1 defeat.

This rumour has some credibility for one thing NCFC had a good pre-season, secondly the board had said that he had their backing just prior to him being dismissed. The timing seemed somewhat strange and I don’t believe it had much to do with the Colchester defeat or the relegation. Realistically if you sacked a manager after one heavy defeat there would be more out of work than in. I think there might be some ttuth in this.

Has anyone else heard anything?

[/quote]heard all sorts, this with butterworth, all 3 of them in arguments, heard about players throwing paddys and the result being a factor etc. too many theories. but gunn was * end of story.

...we must also thank him for sourcing all the talented and committed loans from last season too. The excitement of sibierski playing was almost enough to assuage my upset at our relegation.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]...we must also thank him for sourcing all the talented and committed loans from last season too. The excitement of sibierski playing was almost enough to assuage my upset at our relegation.

[/quote]

There is no authority without responsibility. The manager takes responsibility for player signings. Therefore, Roeder was responsible for all the loan signings (and we know that he made the decisions regarding these vis a vis constantly going on about his contacts at the highest level of the game) and, this should go without saying, Gunn was the final decision maker regarding HIS signings. Given the churlish reaction to this thread, who is responsible for the victories over Orient and Rovers : Lambert, Culverhouse, or Crook ?! Compare the make-up of the team against Rovers and Orient and look at Gunn''s team that played such scintillating bounce-back football against yeovil at Yeovil only dats after the one-off against Colchester. And, to finish off, the people who go on about Gunntaking us down to the third level are, frankly, just very silly. He inherited a complete and utter shambles from Roeder. No one else wanted the job but Gunn stepped upto the plate but quite understandably couldn''t reverse the decline that had started seasons before and which had rerached an unstoppable momentum. Yes, we do have much to thank Gunn for : he brought in the players that are doing so well for us, rehabilitated Lappin and Russell, was the FIRST manager to give youth their chance, had the best pre-seaosn for many a long year AND refused to sell Hoolahan. Most of you on this MB and on this thread are in denial and have just jumped on the anti Gunn bandwagon. BSheep. Baaaaaaaaa to you, you silly unthinking twits.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Hucks NO Legend"]

Well done.

[/quote]

You are Bob Franklin and I claim my £10.00[:D]

[/quote]

Pratt

[quote user="Scottlarock"]...we must also thank him for sourcing all the talented and committed loans from last season too. The excitement of sibierski playing was almost enough to assuage my upset at our relegation.

[/quote]

Do get your facts right before hurling abuse. Sibierski was the rodent''s signing. D

i am not bob franklin..... totally differant person thanks very much.

Also i think it is both gunny and deehan that scout players.

so i shall change my thanks well done Gunny and deehan for finding some gems of players

[/quote]

errr , I''m not so bad when you get to know me ! I just don''t like injustice or thickos.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Scottlarock"]...we must also thank him for sourcing all the talented and committed loans from last season too. The excitement of sibierski playing was almost enough to assuage my upset at our relegation.

[/quote]

There is no authority without responsibility. The manager takes responsibility for player signings. Therefore, Roeder was responsible for all the loan signings (and we know that he made the decisions regarding these vis a vis constantly going on about his contacts at the highest level of the game) and, this should go without saying, Gunn was the final decision maker regarding HIS signings. Given the churlish reaction to this thread, who is responsible for the victories over Orient and Rovers : Lambert, Culverhouse, or Crook ?! Compare the make-up of the team against Rovers and Orient and look at Gunn''s team that played such scintillating bounce-back football against yeovil at Yeovil only dats after the one-off against Colchester. And, to finish off, the people who go on about Gunntaking us down to the third level are, frankly, just very silly. He inherited a complete and utter shambles from Roeder. No one else wanted the job but Gunn stepped upto the plate but quite understandably couldn''t reverse the decline that had started seasons before and which had rerached an unstoppable momentum. Yes, we do have much to thank Gunn for : he brought in the players that are doing so well for us, rehabilitated Lappin and Russell, was the FIRST manager to give youth their chance, had the best pre-seaosn for many a long year AND refused to sell Hoolahan. Most of you on this MB and on this thread are in denial and have just jumped on the anti Gunn bandwagon. BSheep. Baaaaaaaaa to you, you silly unthinking twits.[/quote]he had the players good enough. a great team has always achieved more than the best players as a collective. he had 19 games, nearly half a season. and he got in players himself, the alan lee''s etc. the fact of the matter is, the team was poor under him. he obviously lacked motivational skill and tactical qualities. We played an inept yeovil side that night, we had superior fitness and well, in terms of motivation, after losing 7-1, doesnt take much to get motivated to be better. oh and how do we know that gunn chose the side?im not blaming gunn for having a go. if i got offered i would. but, he just wasnt good enough in every area. cant even pick up a keeper with the quality needed. (again, i think theo will be ok in the long term, but we needed a keeper ready to go and gunn couldnt provide)

When the board were interviewed about why they sacked Gunn they just said it was because we were losing too many games and not winning enough. But there surely has to be something else behind it, as he only managed the first two games of the season!

If the reason was because of the wins to losses ratio, then you would wonder why they didn''t sack him at the end of last season - when we were relegated. He did really well pre-season, and for this season he started off with a 7-1 home defeat to Colchester, then a 4-0 Carling Cup win away to Yeovil, and was sacked afterwards.

I wouldn''t be at all suprised if this stuff about arguments and players throwing paddys is true. If not, then they must have been considering sacking him towards the end of last season, but just took ages deciding whether to do it or not.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Scottlarock"]...we must also thank him for sourcing all the talented and committed loans from last season too. The excitement of sibierski playing was almost enough to assuage my upset at our relegation.

[/quote] There is no authority without responsibility. The manager takes responsibility for player signings. Therefore, Roeder was responsible for all the loan signings (and we know that he made the decisions regarding these vis a vis constantly going on about his contacts at the highest level of the game) and, this should go without saying, Gunn was the final decision maker regarding HIS signings. Given the churlish reaction to this thread, who is responsible for the victories over Orient and Rovers : Lambert, Culverhouse, or Crook ?! Compare the make-up of the team against Rovers and Orient and look at Gunn''s team that played such scintillating bounce-back football against yeovil at Yeovil only dats after the one-off against Colchester. And, to finish off, the people who go on about Gunntaking us down to the third level are, frankly, just very silly. He inherited a complete and utter shambles from Roeder. No one else wanted the job but Gunn stepped upto the plate but quite understandably couldn''t reverse the decline that had started seasons before and which had rerached an unstoppable momentum. Yes, we do have much to thank Gunn for : he brought in the players that are doing so well for us, rehabilitated Lappin and Russell, was the FIRST manager to give youth their chance, had the best pre-seaosn for many a long year AND refused to sell Hoolahan. Most of you on this MB and on this thread are in denial and have just jumped on the anti Gunn bandwagon. BSheep. Baaaaaaaaa to you, you silly unthinking twits.[/quote]

I was desparately sorry for him when the inevitable happened.  You can''t blame the bloke for wanting to have a try.  It would have been kinder all round at the end of last season to say thanks a lot for giving it a go and moving on.  He just never seemed serious management material to me but he is not to blame for appointing himself.  The major fault lies somewhere else, as we all know.  I can see where you are trying to come from with your Yeovil comments but a cup win against a team having to chase the game when we went ahead doesn''t really offset the humiliation that we all felt after the first day.  Might I suggest that "scintillating bounce-back football" is over egging it just a tad?

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="Hucks NO Legend"]

Well done.

[/quote]

Just got home shattered and needed a good laugh.  Thanks mate![:D]

[/quote]

I do my best mate, everyone needs a good laugh after a long day at work.