Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

3 wins in a row.....maybe

Just a few weeks ago, there was much ado about how we were heading for our rare 3rd league win in a row. Then we laid an egg with the Walsall game.  Now we are heading for our rare 3rd league win in a row, and not a word. What''s up with that? Is it jinx avoidance by the superstitious, or is nobody paying attention?  After the huge crushing wins in the last 2 league games, we should be primed for a big win to set us up nicely for the big showdown at Leeds.

Thoughts, anyone?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Just a few weeks ago, there was much ado about how we were heading for our rare 3rd league win in a row. Then we laid an egg with the Walsall game.  Now we are heading for our rare 3rd league win in a row, and not a word. What''s up with that? Is it jinx avoidance by the superstitious, or is nobody paying attention?  After the huge crushing wins in the last 2 league games, we should be primed for a big win to set us up nicely for the big showdown at Leeds.

Thoughts, anyone?

[/quote]Well you have certainly put paid to that one.

Even with a much weakened team, with possibly Otse missing as well as Hughes/Rudd, as well as the "longer term" injuries, I would be very disappointed not to collect at least one point.Recently every single player has seemed to be making a contribution. If they can continue like this, and not give up, then at least a draw should be within our reach. I hope that it''s a win, but....

I think we are in a group of probably 8 teams who will be winning consistently in this league, but the key will be how we do against the other members of this group. Whether Carlisle are in this group, I''m not sure but having recently held Leeds at Elland Rd, they cant be underestimated. City to win 1-0

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]3:1 naarich [Y]   when was the last time we won 3 in a row????[/quote]Last tuesday mate, when we beat Gillingham, before that we beat Leyton Orient and Bristol Rovers, therefore making it 3 wins in a row [:D]

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]3:1 naarich [Y]   when was the last time we won 3 in a row????[/quote]
Last tuesday mate, when we beat Gillingham, before that we beat Leyton Orient and Bristol Rovers, therefore making it 3 wins in a row [:D]
[/quote]

3 league wins in a row. The answer is, "just now."

Can''t believe what''s happen consider in last season, we just cannot stop conceded goals...