Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Last time we were in top 6?

Jesus! And took us 12 games in the 3rd Division. However i do believe we wont leave the top 6 till the end of the season.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]you dont think we''ll make the top 6 then brendan?
[/quote]

Good one, b_c. [Y] Don''t think that''s what he meant, but the way he wrote it....... funny response to it!

No ;)

Because at the end of the season we will leave 1st place in League 1 and enter like 14th place in the Championship ;)

I reckon we will atleast stay in the top six this season, I think 3rd is a realistic option but then again it depends on how charlton and leeds do.

Promotion is looking very likely and when (if) we go up I can see us finishing 15th in the championship under PL then moving on up the next season to 9th etc.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

After we beat Barnsley 5-1 we were second in the Champonship. Not been any higher since.

[/quote]Ah the game when I should have won £700 on a bet, which my dad accidentally placed incorrectly!!  I was very annoyed.Anyone else remember the atmosphere at that game?  It was pretty poisonous if I remember, a lot of people were annoyed that we won, Worthy was coming towards the end of his reign and that result did not do much to placate people.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]I reckon we will atleast stay in the top six this season, I think 3rd is a realistic option but then again it depends on how charlton and leeds do. Promotion is looking very likely and when (if) we go up I can see us finishing 15th in the championship under PL then moving on up the next season to 9th etc.[/quote]

Although I hope it doesn''t happen, very likely we will be out of the top 6 next Saturday because we don''t play until Monday!

I don''t recall the atmosphere being bad at the Barnsley game, we''d narrowly lost away at Leeds, played a decent Preston side off the park, come from 2 down to beat Luton and got a good point at Derby who went up.

Croft, Hucks and Earnshaw were tearing teams apart whilst Safri and Etuhu were looking good in midfield, shame we continually failed to turn up after that.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t recall the atmosphere being bad at the Barnsley game, we''d narrowly lost away at Leeds, played a decent Preston side off the park, come from 2 down to beat Luton and got a good point at Derby who went up. Croft, Hucks and Earnshaw were tearing teams apart whilst Safri and Etuhu were looking good in midfield, shame we continually failed to turn up after that.[/quote]

Well we certainly turned up at Southend with fans chanting "It''s just like watching Brazil" while we played them off the park. But we got complacent and let them back in. By the end of the game it was 3-3 and the knives were out for Worthy again. We lost at home to palace before winning 4-2 at Rotherham in the Cup. The next game was Plymouth where we failed to turn up and the game after that he was sacked.

Cherub is right and the atmosphere was not good. There was plenty of poison towards Worthy and even in those games against Preston, Luton and Barnsley all the credit was given to Martin Hunter because Worthy had only managed to finish 9th the previous season.

Those days are a long long long way ahead of where we are now. The past is the past and maybe we should leave it there and enjoy what we have this season. But if we do revisit it we shouldn''t rewrite it.