Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Hulahoop is the difference...

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="paul moy"]

Hoolahan played on the left against Yeovil away in the 4-0 win in the Carling Cup and it was he that won us the penalty in the second half for the first goal with his trickery just inside the penalty area.  We then proceeded to tear Yeovil apart and Holt scored his hat-trick.  Hoolahan definitely made the difference that day.   

[/quote] Drury won the spot-kick in the match at Yeovil, but Hoolahan won the spot-kick that restored our lead in the game yesterday[/quote]

I stand corrected, but it was still Hoolahan that made the pass to Drury that resulted in the spot-kick that Hoolahan scored from. 

Wes won''t be leaving in January. He likes it here.

Fair play to him for his performances since returning to the side, our opponents don''t know how to deal with him.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]in my opinion he should have got man of the match, and all round great performance, but Hulahoop is everywhere on the field and pulls the strings... i hope he stays for the season.[/quote]

Its funny isn''t it?. All those people who a few weeks ago were saying that he was crap and that we should get rid of him have gone stranglely quiet!

I said a few weeks ago when ridiculously he wasn''t even on the bench (Walsall - (h)) -that we had potentially THE best player in league one right under our noses and we weren''t even usinh him.

The more I think about it the more I''m starting to believe that there is some substance in the rumours that he had a club ban after the Colchester ,fan -gesturing incident, as I don''t believe any manager would leave a player of Hoolahan quality out of the entire squad without good reason.

[/quote]

He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player! [Y]

[/quote]

Lol, that just made me laugh. First post ive read of Smudger''s in a while, and just the first 3 words made me chuckle. Hes just played very well in a very convincing 5-1 win for us and scored 1, I really dont see how you can possibly say that.

[/quote]

I may even fancy your chances of scoring from 12 yards after diving like a girl in the penalty area Brendan... [;)]

What did he do on Tuesday that was so fantastic?

Tuesday nights game against the mighty Leyton Orient had 0-0 written all over it until Chris Martin came off the bench to liven things up and show our boys the way to goal.

Hoolahan looked clueless at worst on Tuesday and ineefective at best... and he wasn''t much better at Gillingham either.

Russell on the other hand has put in solid performances in each of his 4 starts for us.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Tuesday nights game against the mighty Leyton Orient had 0-0 written all over it until Chris Martin came off the bench to liven things up and show our boys the way to goal.

Hoolahan looked clueless at worst on Tuesday and ineefective at best... and he wasn''t much better at Gillingham either.

Russell on the other hand has put in solid performances in each of his 4 starts for us.

[/quote].... Don''t think you''d even find one Gillingham or Orient fan who would agree with you on that Smudge, let alone another Norwich City fan.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

.... Don''t think you''d even find one Gillingham or Orient fan who would agree with you on that Smudge, let alone another Norwich City fan.
[/quote]

Apart from a bright opening 10 mins against Gillingham he was lucky not to of been substituted in my opinion... he offered nothing in that match after we went down to 10 men.

GIMP!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]in my opinion he should have got man of the match, and all round great performance, but Hulahoop is everywhere on the field and pulls the strings... i hope he stays for the season.[/quote]

Its funny isn''t it?. All those people who a few weeks ago were saying that he was crap and that we should get rid of him have gone stranglely quiet!

I said a few weeks ago when ridiculously he wasn''t even on the bench (Walsall - (h)) -that we had potentially THE best player in league one right under our noses and we weren''t even usinh him.

The more I think about it the more I''m starting to believe that there is some substance in the rumours that he had a club ban after the Colchester ,fan -gesturing incident, as I don''t believe any manager would leave a player of Hoolahan quality out of the entire squad without good reason.

[/quote]

He is crap, my opinion hasn''t changed of him... he has so far this season scored a couple of goals (one penalty included), missed quite a few chances, created a couple for other players (but relatively little) and given the ball away and cocked things up endlessly (even in his new positions).

Don''t be surprised if Hoolahan is shipped out as soon as Lambert has a chance to bring his own players in and do it.  He doesn''t score or create enough for other players and is a liability in tough matches.  We all know that Lambert is likely to bring his own striker and a couple of wingers in when he is finally given a few quid to spend.

My opinion of Hoolahan has not changed one bit, but hats off to Lambert for getting the best out of a very frustrating player! [Y]

[/quote]

Make your ****** minds up.  We have twice rewritten this feature for the Irish Times.

Is he your most creative playmaker or is he simply a short arse Irish ****?

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Make your ****** minds up.  We have twice rewritten this feature for the Irish Times.

[/quote]You''ll find we agree with the former at moment (only Smudge seems to dispute it).

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]What? Smudger''s alternate opinion means the general consensus on him has changed again? Hardly..It started off as a few who supported him and a few who thought he was a luxury and wouldn''t care if he went.Now I''m sure the majority think he is our most creative playmaker.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Smudger... you are the new First Wizard... congratulations fella![/quote]

How do you figure that one out?

Have you ever seen me change my opinion on something yet?  Have you ever seen me conclusively proved wrong???

Mark my words, if Lambert brings in a winger and a striker or two wingers in January then Hoolahan will once again struggle to make his first 11... many of you lot however seem to already have him nailed on as our player of the season... UNBELIEVEABLE!!! [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I too don''t like Hoolahan like evryone knows and saying stuff like that you need to be ready for lots of stick!!  I though, and Im not just saying this because of my recent post and how that went down, think Hoolahan did quite well.  He did lot''s of chasing for the ball and got rid of it a lot quicker.  If he plays like this every week then my opinion will soon change of him.

[/quote]

I will admit that he has done certain things well recently [Y], but he has done no more than any player I would expect being played in his position and was still frustrating Tilly who I was sitting alongside on Tuesday evening.  I don''t doub''t that he has some quality, but shows too little too often in my opinion and will always struggle due to his inability to use his right foot at all.

I think that RUSSELL has been the real difference in the team... as yet we have been unbeaten with him in the team and I think that he has shown over the last few weeks that he can be a class act in this league!

[/quote]

Smudger... i rest my case ;-)

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I too don''t like Hoolahan like evryone knows and saying stuff like that you need to be ready for lots of stick!!  I though, and Im not just saying this because of my recent post and how that went down, think Hoolahan did quite well.  He did lot''s of chasing for the ball and got rid of it a lot quicker.  If he plays like this every week then my opinion will soon change of him.

[/quote]

I will admit that he has done certain things well recently [Y], but he has done no more than any player I would expect being played in his position and was still frustrating Tilly who I was sitting alongside on Tuesday evening.  I don''t doub''t that he has some quality, but shows too little too often in my opinion and will always struggle due to his inability to use his right foot at all.

I think that RUSSELL has been the real difference in the team... as yet we have been unbeaten with him in the team and I think that he has shown over the last few weeks that he can be a class act in this league!

[/quote]

Smudger... i rest my case ;-)

[/quote]

Check, Canaries Utd... I rest mine! [;)]

With the love in surrounding Hoolahan at the moment anybody would think that he has bagged two hatricks and won a few games single handedly.

[quote user="Gary Football"]give up smudger you tedious little child[/quote]

Smudger... the jury have made their decision... the case is closed... NEXT! ;-)

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Could''nt be bothered starting a new thread, but surely those doubters can now see his ability, he was good again today.[/quote]

He''s making me eat my words, however, before we scored, his fannying around nearly gifted a goal to Carluise...still, he did well again.[Y]

Why do some on here think changing your opinion is some form of henious crime? I''m ready to admit that I was wrong about Rusty and kudos to Wiz for admiting Hoolahan is winning him over.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Could''nt be bothered starting a new thread, but surely those doubters can now see his ability, he was good again today.[/quote]

He''s making me eat my words, however, before we scored, his fannying around nearly gifted a goal to Carluise...still, he did well again.[Y]

[/quote]I think he''s scored 5 goals, and provided 3 direct assists (but been involved in a large proportion of our goals to be honest), so far this season. Extrapolate that to the rest of the season and you''ve got around 19/20 goals and 11/12 assists - certainly worth his weight in gold if those numbers do continue!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]I think he''s scored 5 goals, and provided 3 direct assists (but been involved in a large proportion of our goals to be honest), so far this season. Extrapolate that to the rest of the season and you''ve got around 19/20 goals and 11/12 assists - certainly worth his weight in gold if those numbers do continue![/quote]Interestingly, Lappin''s apparently had four assists so far - and I for one think he''s playing fairly poorly this season.

Ran the play, as Hoolahan often does.Carlisle fans found him to be our biggest threat, as did the Charlton fans, Gillingham fans, and Orient fans.His place in the park see''s him rarely marked, and the passes he provides from that location on the pitch allows other players around him to flourish. Thats not to mention his ability to make greatly significant passes, that no League One player, and most probably no Championship player can provide.When his play is read by his team mates Hoolahan is at his best, and luckily enough Holt has proven he can combine well with him. By no means is it solid as of yet, but over the course of the season the two have formidable potential to cause other teams some serious danger.He''s our second highest goalscorer now (behind Holts 9 with 5), has provided a significant number of assists, and he has consistently been the key to the best of our build up play. He has occasionally been single handedly responsible for delivering some of our recent results, and deserves a lot of praise for his contributions.If he''s going to make a few mistakes from time to time, i can honestly say i couldn''t care less when he provides such a threatening dimension to our play against the opposition. Idea''s without him on the pitch are as short as they can be, and i assure you that (unless Hughes is on the pitch instead) in Hoolahans absence we''d be resorting to long balls FAR more often, in which case we''re as blunt as could be.Fact is we need him desperately.And i''m telling you now that Smudgers reasoning is utterly blind.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="I.S."][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]I think he''s scored 5 goals, and provided 3 direct assists (but been involved in a large proportion of our goals to be honest), so far this season. Extrapolate that to the rest of the season and you''ve got around 19/20 goals and 11/12 assists - certainly worth his weight in gold if those numbers do continue![/quote]Interestingly, Lappin''s apparently had four assists so far - and I for one think he''s playing fairly poorly this season.[/quote]For me assists can be a bit misleading, as someone else can do all the work and you can play a simple pass and take the credit. However Lappins often come from his set pieces which do add alot to the team.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Ran the play, as Hoolahan often does.

Carlisle fans found him to be our biggest threat, as did the Charlton fans, Gillingham fans, and Orient fans.

His place in the park see''s him rarely marked, and the passes he provides from that location on the pitch allows other players around him to flourish. Thats not to mention his ability to make greatly significant passes, that no League One player, and most probably no Championship player can provide.

When his play is read by his team mates Hoolahan is at his best, and luckily enough Holt has proven he can combine well with him. By no means is it solid as of yet, but over the course of the season the two have formidable potential to cause other teams some serious danger.

He''s our second highest goalscorer now (behind Holts 9 with 5), has provided a significant number of assists, and he has consistently been the key to the best of our build up play. He has occasionally been single handedly responsible for delivering some of our recent results, and deserves a lot of praise for his contributions.

If he''s going to make a few mistakes from time to time, i can honestly say i couldn''t care less when he provides such a threatening dimension to our play against the opposition. Idea''s without him on the pitch are as short as they can be, and i assure you that (unless Hughes is on the pitch instead) in Hoolahans absence we''d be resorting to long balls FAR more often, in which case we''re as blunt as could be.

Fact is we need him desperately.

And i''m telling you now that Smudgers reasoning is utterly blind.
[/quote]

Good post BBJ, smudger is very quiet this evening, but i beleive he says alot of his stuff just to get a reaction.

[quote user="cosmos67"]Does smudger actually watch any games? I just wondered as i think he''s talking out of his A**E![/quote]

I doubt it, if he just watched the BBC football programme, he can''t deny Hulahoops popularity.... hush now smudger!!