Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

David McNally - Nice man :)

Right, here goes for my story about my trip to Gillingham Yesterday.

Actaully not about the game, but about what happened after the game.

After the final whistle, me and the three friends i were with walked around the stadium, and couldnt find the club canary coaches (2). We were getting a little worried as we didnt see any sign of them, or of other Norwich fans. So we went back to where we left the ground and asked some stewards where the away coaches were. They said to go down this road and turn right onto the main road and continue down there towards the crossing (train tracks. We walked down this road, and about 300 yards later we still were a bit bemused as to where they were and where other people were. This was about 30 minutes after the final whistle and one of my friends was getting rather worried, thinking that they would have left without us.

After going over the train tracks we couldnt see any signs of them, so turned back. We went round the front of the ground, where the NCFC team coach was and asked another steward. He had no idea, but asked a man was neaby in a suit, i dont know if the steward knew, but me and my friends knew it was David McNally. David said he didnt know where they were, so he got his Blackberry (modern phone/pda thing) out of his pocket and rung up someone. This was probably about 40 mins after the final whistle so we were all a little worried at this point. David''s friend said he would ring him back in a mo when he finds out about the coaches.

So 5 minutes past with us 4, David and this steward standing there. Then his phone rang, and David walked us toward the right direction and said where to go. He said go on past the Crossing and someone from the coaches would walk back to meet us. We were walking down the road, and this police riot van went past slowly and shouted out the window "are you 4 the ones looking for the coaches?" so we said yes, and they said "hop on". So we did :P We got in this police van, we drove down the road a fruther 100 or so yards and found the person looking for us, he got on too and then we went probably about another 500 yards down this road.

We then hopped on our coach, and found out that both the coaches were waiting for around 45 mins just for my stupid self and three friends. When we got on the coach, a roar of "wheyyyyyy"''s came in. And a few "where the heck have you been"''s. I could tell that most of the people were obviously a bit annoyed about it. So here i say, i am sorry everyone who went on the canary coaches, because we kept you back about 40 mins. So me and my friends probably walked about a mile or two that night, but got to meet David McNally. Oh, and this bits quite funny, when i said one of my friends was worried earlier on, he kept asking questions like "i am really worried, what if they have gone?" and "we might get to go back with the team coach" And hes 17 :P I was always sure they wouldnt have gone without us, because there would have been 4 seats next to each other clearly empty other than our bags.

So, had McNally said Im not sure and left it at that, we would have been probably alot longer, as we would have had to way of contacting the people on coaches or anyone to find out where they were.

Also, sorry if the story isnt great, my english is kinda poor as im sure you can probably tell.

So yeah, sorry people on the coaches, thats the reason why you got held up!

Good story! i remember going to brentford and coming out of the ground the coaches didnt pick us up from where they dropped us out so me and my mate were kinda worried and luckily we were the 1st ones on the bus but i agree, if you get lost the buses do leave quite quickly so i always leave as soon as the whistle goes

Nice one!

Club Coach would have had at least one seat three, so one of you could have sat in Theo''s place! Mind you, wouldn''t fancy the 3 card brag with a bunch of footballers, stakes might have been a bit too high!

I wouldnt have wanted to go on the team coach tbh.

Oh and the reason we didnt continue much on past the crossing the first time, was because i was a bit deluded as to why they would put the coaches all the way over there, when there wasnt that many people around :S

[quote user="Brendan"]Right, here goes for my story about my trip to Gillingham Yesterday. Actaully not about the game, but about what happened after the game. After the final whistle, me and the three friends i were with walked around the stadium, and couldnt find the club canary coaches (2). We were getting a little worried as we didnt see any sign of them, or of other Norwich fans. So we went back to where we left the ground and asked some stewards where the away coaches were. They said to go down this road and turn right onto the main road and continue down there towards the crossing (train tracks. We walked down this road, and about 300 yards later we still were a bit bemused as to where they were and where other people were. This was about 30 minutes after the final whistle and one of my friends was getting rather worried, thinking that they would have left without us. After going over the train tracks we couldnt see any signs of them, so turned back. We went round the front of the ground, where the NCFC team coach was and asked another steward. He had no idea, but asked a man was neaby in a suit, i dont know if the steward knew, but me and my friends knew it was David McNally. David said he didnt know where they were, so he got his Blackberry (modern phone/pda thing) out of his pocket and rung up someone. This was probably about 40 mins after the final whistle so we were all a little worried at this point. David''s friend said he would ring him back in a mo when he finds out about the coaches. So 5 minutes past with us 4, David and this steward standing there. Then his phone rang, and David walked us toward the right direction and said where to go. He said go on past the Crossing and someone from the coaches would walk back to meet us. We were walking down the road, and this police riot van went past slowly and shouted out the window "are you 4 the ones looking for the coaches?" so we said yes, and they said "hop on". So we did :P We got in this police van, we drove down the road a fruther 100 or so yards and found the person looking for us, he got on too and then we went probably about another 500 yards down this road. We then hopped on our coach, and found out that both the coaches were waiting for around 45 mins just for my stupid self and three friends. When we got on the coach, a roar of "wheyyyyyy"''s came in. And a few "where the heck have you been"''s. I could tell that most of the people were obviously a bit annoyed about it. So here i say, i am sorry everyone who went on the canary coaches, because we kept you back about 40 mins. So me and my friends probably walked about a mile or two that night, but got to meet David McNally. Oh, and this bits quite funny, when i said one of my friends was worried earlier on, he kept asking questions like "i am really worried, what if they have gone?" and "we might get to go back with the team coach" And hes 17 :P I was always sure they wouldnt have gone without us, because there would have been 4 seats next to each other clearly empty other than our bags. So, had McNally said Im not sure and left it at that, we would have been probably alot longer, as we would have had to way of contacting the people on coaches or anyone to find out where they were. Also, sorry if the story isnt great, my english is kinda poor as im sure you can probably tell. So yeah, sorry people on the coaches, thats the reason why you got held up![/quote]

lol we had to wait an extra 20 mins beacuse you went for a work about yesterday after the game :P

Two questions, why didn''t you leave with the rest of the Norwich fans?  And how did you end up waiting 30 mins before you thought, hold on, where on earth is the bus?

We were wondering where the bus was from 5 minutes. I dont know, i guess we just thought we would get picked up from where we got dropped off from, no one told us otherwise.

Tom, im sure someone didnt know?

And anyway, why do you have to nit pick all the time? Why cant you just keep it to yourself all the time. All of your posts are these, i dont think ive ever seen you do a new thread yourself, let me guess, your now going to prove me wrong somehow here just stating a point, that you are pathetic.

So where did you get dropped off then?

For the league game we parked at a car park (funnily enough), about ten minutes walk from the ground. Did you not park there?

We got dropped off just outside the club shop, and as there wasnt many people, i would have thought they would pick us up there too, or where we got out, purely for ease of everyone?

Again, apologies people.

Yeah same thing happened after the Brentford game. They drove up the road and hid around a corner. Thankfully the stewards knew where the buses had gone and were able to tell us. Plus we just all followed each other, even though it was a case of the blind leading the blind until we found a steward.

Oh yeah! the two away games for me this season! both night games (could well be a reason), we just followed people then. I guess we should have just followed people out, but after a year or two of away games, we just assumed.

Always always ask in future where the bus picks up from lol [:D]

We''ve met DM and can confirm he seems a real nice guy.  But he''s shorter than me and that''s saying something lol

Thanks for sharing this with us Brendan. It sounds like an appalling bit of organisation on the part of the coach operators to me. Why can''t the bus drivers simply state clearly to all the passengers where exactly they will pick up from? They shouldn''t have to rely on the passengers asking. It''s all about running an operation efficiently and customer care - something a lot of companies fail to understand.

[quote user="Pablo Pickarsole"]Thanks for sharing this with us Brendan. It sounds like an appalling bit of organisation on the part of the coach operators to me. Why can''t the bus drivers simply state clearly to all the passengers where exactly they will pick up from? They shouldn''t have to rely on the passengers asking. It''s all about running an operation efficiently and customer care - something a lot of companies fail to understand.[/quote]Perhaps he did, but Brendan didn''t open his lug holes.

I can confirm no one told me where to go. Nor my other 3 friends. By the small chance i did not hear, im sure one of my friends would have.

But I have to take a good chunk of the blame, as most did know where to go.

In future, if i dont know, i will follow people i recognise from the coaches, happy now STBD?

I am a regular away day supporter that travels with club canary on coach three and have not been to a game yet where the steward has not told us where the coach is going to be at the end of the match.

I think Sanders,the drivers,and our steward do a very good job.

[quote user="Brendan"]I can confirm no one told me where to go. Nor my other 3 friends. By the small chance i did not hear, im sure one of my friends would have.

In future, if i dont know, i will follow people i recognise from the coaches, happy now STBD?[/quote]Is it a case of me being happy?  dunno, but common sense tells me to question the fact that everybody else made it to the bus. 

Regardless of what you did right or wrong Brendan, that was a great little story :) and i can totally sympathise with that feeling, had a similar experience at Southampton away 2years ago. Nice and brave of you to own up too!

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Think yourselves lucky that Duncan Forbes doesn''t still run Club Canary! I remember in the 80s when latecomers used to get the hairdryer treatment from Big Dunc!!! [:D][/quote]

Ye Gods, didn''t he just?

I remember one Club Canary trip up to Coventry, he was bending everyones lughole about Ross Jack all the way there (shows how long ago this was!), we lost 2-0 (Mark Hateley one of the scorers) and then, on the way back, he didn''t want to stop anywhere for fish and chips!

He was a good laugh though!

After the L.O game I got the canary express back to Thetford but could not for the life of me find it anywhere. As most people on here know what I''m like I started panicking massively, so I started running round carrow road car park like a blue arsed fly!

Thankfully one of the old boys (dont mean this term in an insulting manner [;)]) who ive seen getting the coach before made me aware of which coach and all was well. We then spent the journey back laughing at scum (it was the night they''d thrown away the 3-1 lead at sheff utd).. good times [Y]

Oh and OP, good story.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Brendan"]I can confirm no one told me where to go. Nor my other 3 friends. By the small chance i did not hear, im sure one of my friends would have.

In future, if i dont know, i will follow people i recognise from the coaches, happy now STBD?[/quote]Is it a case of me being happy?  dunno, but common sense tells me to question the fact that everybody else made it to the bus.  [/quote]Give the boy a break, there are much bigger things in this world to get annoyed at than being held up for a tedious amount of time. I can assure you that if you were the one lost, wouldn''t you have wanted the bus to stay?

Thought so.