Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Move up Robert Green

Surely Calamity James must go now. []. He nearly won the match for Austria all on his own.

Ericsson needs to give both Paul Robinson and Robert their chances now.

Kirkland must also be given an opportunity - but only if he can get over his susceptibility injuries.

[What is it with Ericsonn? Both with goalkeepers and England''s chronic inability to ''close out'' matches?].

Greeno''s time is here Sven.

OTBC

was green actually on the bench?

I woulda laughed if it was a goal kick and he heard a whistle - thinking it was the final whislte he kicks it into the back of the net.............. LOL that would have been funny!

Although it saddens me to say it, I can''t think that we will see anyone different between the sticks on Wednesday, and therefore the same on the bench.  Paul Robinson deserves a chance after last night''s howler - (how many more errors are we going to come on here and talk about with regard to the same player before the qualifiers are over?) - and Greeno deserves to step up to the bench, but we all know Sven by now.  He has his little list of favourites who cannot do any wrong in his eyes, even if they consistently underperform and aren''t showing any signs of improving their form.  James (and a couple of others) will still be out there huffing and puffing away while the rest of us sit back and wait for the next sad inevitable mistake.  Never a dull moment, hey?!

I must be the happiest fan today. Having dual Austrian/British nationality and having lived in both countries I can''t say I wanted either side to lose (or have to take flak from relatives either way). Plus James hands England promotion to number 2 to Green- maybe. As you say susie b - Sven has his favourites and I don''t know what James has to do to get dropped.

I could be a little naughty here, machoman, and suggest that a little indiscretion with a member of staff at FA HQ might speed up James'' demise...but I''m not sure there would be any takers!!!

apparently james has " experience " which is why he plays for england , thats all very well , but he''s more prone to mistakes than either robinson or greeno . james will always drop  clangers , he''s done it time and again , so lets give someone else a chance . obviously being biased id go with greeno , because not only is he safe as houses , he has the right mentality to be an england keeper , so laid back and i dont think being england no 1 would worry him in the slightest .

Let''s not forget that it wasn''t just the second goal that Clam was at fault for; his positioning for the first goal wasn''t too clever either! And he also let a soft shot squirm through his hands and ended up saving it with his knees! Contrast James against France and Norwich against Arsenal; on both occasions Thierry Henry burst through to take the ball around the keeper. James ended up giving a penalty away, whilst Greeno conceded a corner. I know who I''d rather have between the sticks!!

Green has howlers once a season (Forest, Great Yarmouth)

James is more like once a month.

James has to go for his own saninty. What on earth did the other players say to him in the changing rooms after? I can''t wait till we play Man City, Shoot on Sight boys!!!

This is from a report in today''s Guardian:

" One website poll yesterday had 95% of English fans calling for his [James] removal from the team. Robert Green of Norwich won 25% of the vote to play, with Paul Robinson of Tottenham getting 20%. The remainder opted for a category entitled "Anyone but Calamity James" ".

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1297924,00.html