Sign in to follow this  
bertie

Gilllingham tomorrow night!

Is any one going? I am going but herd somewhere they are only opening one stand? Not sure if that is just for home fans and we will still be in the usual away "stand" or will we all be in the one stand? Hopefully with the weather forecast as it is we will be in a diff stand so we will have some cover!!For anyone who went to the game last week is there any parking near the ground?

[quote user="bertie"]Is any one going? I am going but herd somewhere they are only opening one stand? Not sure if that is just for home fans and we will still be in the usual away "stand" or will we all be in the one stand? Hopefully with the weather forecast as it is we will be in a diff stand so we will have some cover!!For anyone who went to the game last week is there any parking near the ground?[/quote]There was a leisure centre about 20 minutes walk from the ground, and I am pretty sure the parking was free.  I think it was called Black Ram Leisure Centre?  From there it was pretty much a straight walk to the ground through the town centre, past the train station and then straight into the away stand.Have fun, although it was a complete hole it was actually quite fun.

I think everyone, including away fans are being housed in the Medway Stand cos they are not expecting a huge turnout. There was loads of street parking around the ground area, a lot of it was permit only Monday to Friday but I think this was only up to 6 o clock so you should be alright.  We parked down a side road before the train level crossing which was about a 5 min walk to the ground and was quick to get out of. Should imagine it will be even easier on a tuesday night.

[quote user="mnc"]I think everyone, including away fans are being housed in the Medway Stand cos they are not expecting a huge turnout. There was loads of street parking around the ground area, a lot of it was permit only Monday to Friday but I think this was only up to 6 o clock so you should be alright.  We parked down a side road before the train level crossing which was about a 5 min walk to the ground and was quick to get out of. Should imagine it will be even easier on a tuesday night.
[/quote]

As the foreast is not exactly superb for tomorrow night I''m quite gald to hear that, however things did get a little bit tasty between the two sets of fans last time due to the controversial sending off and last minute equaliser, don''t know if it''s the greatest idea to house everyone in the same stand particularly as  the stewards there are rubbish.

Official site says over 400 fans have tickets for tonights game, if they''re only opening 1 stand we''ll have a high proportion of the total crowd.

Man City Aston Villa is gonna be a bit empty....

I''ve just found out that the Norwich fans are being put in the Gordon Road Stand, which is still under cover thankfully - could be that the Norwich side is going to be fuller than the Medway stand which is opposite!

Last JPT game I think Gills had about 2400 in attendance, so I imagine they will have more fans there than us.

As for parking, there is a good car park opposite the station car park, it''s £1 and a 5 min walk to the ground. The station car park is equally close, although a little more expensive.

There''s plenty of free road parking providing you check that you''re not in a parking permit area - near the station/town centre. Barnsole Road & roads off it towards Will Adam''s Way - A289 - is mostly unrestricted.

Gills are obviously not expecting a huge turn-out so should be ok near the ground. A2 gets busy during rush-hour- often stop/start.