Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Jamie Cureton

He has scored two gaols in his last two games coming of the bench so, he deservably gets a start in the Paint Pot Cup.  So you would think he would be running his socks off, and you would think he would be ready for any chance he got, wouldn''t you?

I was listening on the radio and it sounded like he did none of this, I barely heard his name mentioned!  As I wasn''t there correct me if I''m wrong, but I was very dissapointed with Jamie[:(]

Im pretty sure he didnt have 1 chance.

Who knows wether Gillingham were playing a full strength squad?

i was at the game, to be fair off the bench is his best place at the moment! he did run and chase,but was 2 steps behind the play! Macdonald coming on showed us he should be first choice before cueton! faster, more aware and a very good eye for goal, cueton does ajob, but i wouldnt get carried away!

Jamie was very slow last night and never looked like scoring. The game was crying out for Cody and just look what happened a few minutes after he came on !!

Jamie was awful he had one good chance that he should of scored and he missed the ball completlyIm not a fan of him and he has done nothing to change this, can only seem to score when it does not matter.

Cody''s goal was superb, very well taken, made it himself, showed pace and skill maybe a bit of luck with the deflection but still very well done.How Cureton can come on in front of Cody baffles me and is the only decision by Lambert i have not been happy with.

I think Curo is a great lad and I really wanted it to work for him here but I''d also have McDonald coming off the bench before him.

Jamie''s best place is definately the bench, his old legs are best matched against a tiring opposition.

[quote user="Josh"]Jamie''s best place is definately the bench, his old legs are best matched against a tiring opposition.[/quote]Think I agree with you there Josh. Good player to put on for 15 minutes and give a tiring defender something to think about.

[quote user="Brendan"]Im pretty sure he didnt have 1 chance. Who knows wether Gillingham were playing a full strength squad?[/quote]

According to their Manager they were down to their "last fit professional" in selecting the side because of injuries and suspensions.

[quote user="Jakey boy"]Jamie was awful he had one good chance that he should of scored and he missed the ball completly
Im not a fan of him and he has done nothing to change this, can only seem to score when it does not matter.
[/quote]

What bloody chance? even Neil Adams saw no chance.

You surprise me![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Jakey boy"]Jamie was awful he had one good chance that he should of scored and he missed the ball completly
Im not a fan of him and he has done nothing to change this, can only seem to score when it does not matter.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He put one comfortably over the bar, under pressure from the keeper, but should have done better. You can see this on the BBC highlights if you wish to doubt....

[quote user="NC"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He put one comfortably over the bar, under pressure from the keeper, but should have done better. You can see this on the BBC highlights if you wish to doubt....

[/quote]

I''ve seen it on Canaries World..........and its a quarter chance....................at best!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Im pretty sure he didnt have 1 chance. Who knows wether Gillingham were playing a full strength squad?[/quote]

According to their Manager they were down to their "last fit professional" in selecting the side because of injuries and suspensions.

[/quote]

Still trying to belittle our performances Cam, we had loads of injuries too, and had to play our youngsters............so kindly........bog off!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="NC"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve seen it on Canaries World..........and its a quarter chance....................at best!

[/quote]

Are you kidding me?! It''s just him plus keeper and the keeper has to make up ground! Curo there first but sticks it over - definitely a chance. I like Cureton (loves city and good off the bench), not trying to bash him for the fun of it, but if you can''t acknowledge that that was a chance then you sir IMHO are wrong.

Cureton needs to get his confidence back, and should now only be used as a sub when we are at least two goals up.Cody is a better sub if we are chasing the game. Cody would have been a super player if he could read the game better, and also time his runs better.

What exactly is the point of playing Cureton or even keeping him (and his wage) at Carrow Road?

He was never that good. He is now no good and the youngsters he keeps off the park on occasions are potentially better.

It is, for example, about time Cody Mac. was given the chance to prove that he has been worth the investment. He has looked goodish on occasions, but the real answers will come once he is actually used more often.

Martin seems to be growing into the part now he is being given more opportunity.

It must be difficult for a youngster to prove his worth if he only gets a bit part in the action.

Cureton''s inclusion at times inhibits the development of younger talent.

if people are going to criticise Jamie for his miss from his quarter chance, im with wiz on this one, then why are they not criticising Cody for a very similar miss after his defelcted goal? for me jamie has proved in the last 2 league games that he deserves his chance first

Quite so.

But its not really about recent missed chances is it Matt C?

The issues surrounding JC should be related to more long-term planning.

He is not a Dion Dublin, who we all wanted to go on forever.

Jamie''s presence in the side is never particularly influential nowadays. His swansong was his last season at Colchester, which crowned a fairly decent career in the lower leagues. Thats all, he was never more than a journeyman performer at a secondary level.

And he costs a lot (thanks to Grant and that other chap with the glasses?)

"then why are they not criticising Cody for a very similar miss after his defelcted goal"

The "after his ... goal" bit, might be a clue!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]What exactly is the point of playing Cureton or even keeping him (and his wage) at Carrow Road? He was never that good. He is now no good and the youngsters he keeps off the park on occasions are potentially better. It is, for example, about time Cody Mac. was given the chance to prove that he has been worth the investment. He has looked goodish on occasions, but the real answers will come once he is actually used more often. Martin seems to be growing into the part now he is being given more opportunity. It must be difficult for a youngster to prove his worth if he only gets a bit part in the action. Cureton''s inclusion at times inhibits the development of younger talent.[/quote]

2 goals in 2 league games.

Cureton is and should be used as an impact player, he will never be the player he was once but worth keeping hold of, who knows how important his late goals will be come the end of the season.

On the subject of Cody McDonald, he will one day be a city legend, just not yet, has played too many games at a lower level.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

On the subject of Cody McDonald, he will one day be a city legend, just not yet, has played too many games at a lower level.

[/quote]

So if, and its a mighty, bloody big if, he becomes a City legend imo, when he stopps scoring for a while, everyone can then turn on him Curoesque style........be warned Cody![:|]

I think people forget that cureton scored those two goals at 3-0 and 4-1 up, if it was 0-0 in the last minute then I think we all know deep down what would happen.

Curo has never been a legend, apart from the hair dyeing match, he has done nothing to warrant a 1st team place in both spells and has had 2 decent seasons higher up, the rest has been in this league.

I don''t agree that Cody will be a legend, although I still believe that BOTH players will be important for us this season,

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]if people are going to criticise Jamie for his miss from his quarter chance, im with wiz on this one, then why are they not criticising Cody for a very similar miss after his defelcted goal? for me jamie has proved in the last 2 league games that he deserves his chance first[/quote]

cueton is 3 steps behind cody every time, FACT! why lambert persists,i dont know! but whilst he plays ill back! just lets not get a head of ourselves cueton is a bench player, and certainly not a 90 minute player!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Curo has never been a legend, apart from the hair dyeing match, he has done nothing to warrant a 1st team place in both spells and has had 2 decent seasons higher up, the rest has been in this league.

I don''t agree that Cody will be a legend, although I still believe that BOTH players will be important for us this season,

[/quote]

At least on that bit we agree CIB.