Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

West Ham

A lot of ifs, maybes, possibles, guesses and 2nd guesses. I truly believe that speculation last year around ownership contributed towards our downfall. We should be careful not help increase distractions and unrest that could spoil our current good form and optimism. We should concentrate on supporting the club, which is currently performing well and allowing the board to go about their business,which they seem to be doing well at the moment. Maybe some would prefer to support Birmingham or follow Sullivan to wherever he chooses to invest. I am only interested in our club and what happens here.

True, we must not upset the delicate balance that is currently the state of NCFC.

Unfortunately, this has been achieved in League One.

I would prefer us to be more ambitious, and would therefore see Sullivan''s involvement as a means to be this.

I cannot see the club advancing once again towards Premiership football under the present regime. I hope for change.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If the Mirror story today is correct, then the current fortunes of West Ham have some relevance to NCFC at the moment.

1. Their debts make ours pale into insignificance, this makes us a more attractive purchase, and makes me feel better about our situation.

2. David Sullivan is considering buying the club, but only at a knock-down price because of the level of money owed.. We are in their (the Mirror''s) list of other clubs Sullivan is considering. Ipswich are there too, but their debts are higher as well, and their assets smaller.

3. The Hammers owe £15 million in unpaid transfer fees. Is there any still to come from the Green and Ashton sales or was this written off to "buy" Grant? 

Sullivan is a shrewd businessman, who I would personally welcome as owner of our club. He is a bit more "street wise" than cosy Delia, and I consider this a plus.

West Ham''s bad fortune could be to our advantage. 

I lived in Birmingham for ten years. Before Sullivan got involved, Birmingham City was very much the second city second club, very much in the shadow of Aston Villa.

This gap has been greatly narrowed as the profile of the club has been increased. The stadium and the general facilities are  examples of this, although, remarkably, their gates are usually poorer than ours on a  like for like basis. Small Heath and environs are very run down areas, with a large immigrant population, not yet particularly into football. The team yo-yo a bit, but it is unlikely that they will ever sink to the third tier as we have done.

I personally, within reason, am not bothered about the money making backgound of any future owner. A smutty daily being the least of my concerns.

[/quote]

Excellent point.

Currently, great credit must go to Lambert & his players for doing very well over the past few games, consequently improving our league standing - in turn, providing renewed hope with regards promotion back to the 2nd tier. Given the circumstances within which they are working, they deserve our admiration.

What our club requires is a change of ownership, and I read your post with much interest.

Thanks.

David Sullivan brought Birmingham at a knock-down price.

I doubt we are available at a knock-down price.

Southampton were but I he missed out on them.

Accrington Stanley could be bargain basement next[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

We damn well should be available at a knock down price. Delia has said more than once she has "given the money away" that has been put into the club. Wolves sold for £1. Ipswich sold for less. If you are lucky these days a new owner will agree to assume the debt; you can''t expect a payday too unless it''s a debt-free Prem club.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

We damn well should be available at a knock down price. Delia has said more than once she has "given the money away" that has been put into the club. Wolves sold for £1. Ipswich sold for less. If you are lucky these days a new owner will agree to assume the debt; you can''t expect a payday too unless it''s a debt-free Prem club.

[/quote]But you forget Delia is a walking contradiction.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]It''s true Sullivan paid only £700,000 for Birmingham, but the club was in administration at the time. As for his ability to buy NCFC, in the unlikely event  that the purchase price was the maximum possible, which is £16m, he could pay that out of the £20m he has just made on the sale of his stake in Birmingham. And that is without taking into account contributions from Gold, who has trousered about the same, or Brady.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Accrington Stanley could be bargain basement next[:O][/quote]

It''s true Sullivan paid only £700,000 for Birmingham, but the club was in administration at the time. As for his ability to buy NCFC, in the unlikely event  that the purchase price was the maximum possible, which is £16m, he could pay that out of the £20m he has just made on the sale of his stake in Birmingham. And that is without taking into account contributions from Gold, who has trousered about the same, or Brady.[/quote]£16m is for all the shares PC so D&M''s 61.8% would cost under £10m. It''s highly likely they would settle for much less than that.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Accrington Stanley could be bargain basement next[:O][/quote]It''s true Sullivan paid only £700,000 for Birmingham, but the club was in administration at the time. As for his ability to buy NCFC, in the unlikely event  that the purchase price was the maximum possible, which is £16m, he could pay that out of the £20m he has just made on the sale of his stake in Birmingham. And that is without taking into account contributions from Gold, who has trousered about the same, or Brady.[/quote]£16m is for all the shares PC so D&M''s 61.8% would cost under £10m. It''s highly likely they would settle for much less than that.

[/quote]Lappin, I think we may actually be on the same page here! I did say "in the unlikely event that the purchase price was the maximum possible..."And, to be serious, in any event in most cases the purchase price is not the most important factor in buying a football club; the debt and the running costs are what really matter.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It''s true Sullivan paid only £700,000 for Birmingham, but the club was in administration at the time. As for his ability to buy NCFC, in the unlikely event  that the purchase price was the maximum possible, which is £16m, he could pay that out of the £20m he has just made on the sale of his stake in Birmingham. And that is without taking into account contributions from Gold, who has trousered about the same, or Brady.[/quote]

That''s the point I was making. Brum was £700,000 because it was in administration. And if I remember correctly had been for some time. That''s a rather different kettle of fish to a club like Norwich. It''s the debt.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Lappin, I think we may actually be on the same page here! I did say "in the unlikely event that the purchase price was the maximum possible..."[/quote]Sorry Purple, although I replied to your post, my point was aimed at those few hardy souls who still think it would cost £56m to buy the club.