Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

16 January 2010

This will be an interesting day.

We play the return match at Colchester.

And it looks as if we may both be in the top 6.

Seconds out........!

[:)]

It will be an interesting day indeed !

Providing we treat it as just another league game, we could get a result.

If we go there with too much of a revenge mission in mind we could well come un stuck.

Cue the Doc to give away a pen and hot head Rusty to get sent off ( thats if they are both still here of course ). [;)]

Suspect this one might be moved as it clashes with an Ipswich Town home game and I can''t see Pc Plod being happy with that.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday anyone?

Neither of us have midweek fixtures currently scheduled in the week following the 16th.

It has clashed with a scum home game before so can''t see a problem.

Do you think you''ll actually sell out for a game for once for this? I guess you could give us two stands. Just a thought.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]It has clashed with a scum home game before so can''t see a problem.

Do you think you''ll actually sell out for a game for once for this? I guess you could give us two stands. Just a thought.[/quote]

Or three?

Just another thought.

[:)]

OTBC

This one has already been shifted to the Sunday I thought?  Mind you what difference the Binners being at home makes I have no idea, its not as if many of them bother going.

The normal away allocation is 1900 - that was increased to 3000 or so for Leeds.  Presumably the club will have to decide whether to do that again for the Norwich match.  I would think they will wait for discussions with the police before deciding what to do.  It seems to me highly likely that it might become a Sky game and if that is so it is possible Sky will move the date to suit them. 

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]7-1 City written all over it...[/quote]

You may well win the game but you won''t get seven.  Things have changed this end.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

You may well win the game but you won''t get seven.  Things have changed this end.

[/quote]

Maybe it''s written in the stars.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Whatever is written in the stars you won''t get seven against us.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Whatever is written in the stars you won''t get seven against us.

[/quote]You quite simply can not make that prediction with any sort of certainty, despite what my have happened ''this end''.

Lots of football before then! Let''s just keep the run going and take one game at a time.

Realistically it will be a tough game,not just because of the Lambert factor, but also because they are a decent side who will test us physically, but anyone making big predictions about the outcome at this point is just shooting the breeze imho!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Certainly going to be a tasty one.  Always nice to help out a smaller club with a decent gate.
[/quote]

Revenge is a dish best served cold........and in January............

I''ll Tell You Now, The Biggest Joke Of The Day Will Be Colchester''s Ground! [:P] It''s A Joke. It''s A Small Stadium Slap Bang In The Middle Of A Field Next To An Industrial Estate. The Only Thing It Has Is A Car Park And All The Lovely Noise From The A12 Running Along Side It! But I Don''t Know Whether It Is Impressive Inside Or Not, But I Guess Not! And Sorry Guys No-Pub Nearby..........

The stadium is a nasty piece of work. Absolutely hated it the 1 time iv been before. Horrible new ground

However 16th January 2010 will be my 22nd Birthday :D and how better to celebrate than a 7-1 win at the (League 1) Scum :)

Tickets are already on sale from the Col U website. Intersting that you cannot buy a ticket in half the East Stand so looks like we could be geting North and half the East Stand.

It looks as if Colchester are anticipating an away turnout similar to Leeds United - around about 3000.  You can say the stadium is crap if you wish but one thing it does have is very good sightlines for everyone which is not the case on every ground in this League.

Also it won''t be in the "middle of nowhere" for more than a couple of years - work on the A12 junction starts in a matter of weeks and there will eventually be 1500 homes close to the stadium, shops and, who knows, even a pub perhaps.

Quite clearly it lacks the character of Layer Road but if Colchester is to move forward as a club it  had to have a new Stadium.  On our brief foray into the Championship it barely met their minimum requirement.  The financial benefits have already been substantial and I am sure it will become "home" as the years progress.  The atmosphere is already much improved on last season.

It looks as if Colchester are anticipating an away turnout similar to Leeds United - around about 3000.  You can say the stadium is crap if you wish but one thing it does have is very good sightlines for everyone which is not the case on every ground in this League.

Also it won''t be in the "middle of nowhere" for more than a couple of years - work on the A12 junction starts in a matter of weeks and there will eventually be 1500 homes close to the stadium, shops and, who knows, even a pub perhaps.

Quite clearly it lacks the character of Layer Road but if Colchester is to move forward as a club it  had to have a new Stadium.  On our brief foray into the Championship it barely met their minimum requirement.  The financial benefits have already been substantial and I am sure it will become "home" as the years progress.  The atmosphere is already much improved on last season.

[/quote]

Looks like your board embraces ambition with prudence rather than prudence without ambition.[:-*]

Good luck to you.

OTBC

[/quote]

Just a couple of points Cam,your first paragraph indicates that you have a wealth of knowledge about the current League One stadiums.How many have you actually been to and before you ask i have done them all except Bristol Rovers which is on my radar for the last game of the season.

Secondly you refer to the improved atmosphere this season at Colchester''s new stadium compared with last season.Have you been to a game this season? What is the difference that you detected if so?

Cam - don''t think anyone complains about the stadium. It might be small and basic but it is modern and a lot better than many in this league.

The big poblem is the awfull location. Getting to and from the stadium is a nightmare and there are absolutely no facilities. It just doesn''t rank anywhere as a good day out for an away game.

Hope you are right about planned improvments

The atmosphere has improved because our former manager (can''t remember his name) wanted our vocal fans sitting behind the goal together instead of dotted about around the ground. South stand now sounds good,shame the rest of our ground is now empty.....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Just a couple of points Cam,your first paragraph indicates that you have a wealth of knowledge about the current League One stadiums.How many have you actually been to and before you ask i have done them all except Bristol Rovers which is on my radar for the last game of the season.

Secondly you refer to the improved atmosphere this season at Colchester''s new stadium compared with last season.Have you been to a game this season? What is the difference that you detected if so?

[/quote]

I have, over the years, done all the current stadiums with the exception of MK Dons and Southampton.  MK Dons a bit before my time although I did Wimbledon and what a nightmare they were before anyone starts going on about the demise of a lovely club.

I have to rely on my daughter for the improvement in atmosphere.  She has been to all our home games - reporting Leeds, Charlton and Huddersfield matches - and the comments on the official message board.

It needed livening up as the players themselves felt as they paid for the purchase of a rather large drum which is now wielded by Bluesmonkey. (He''s really a samba man but needs must). 

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Certainly going to be a tasty one.  Always nice to help out a smaller club with a decent gate.
[/quote]

Thank you for helping out.

Sadly we are a small club but, you know, it''s still enjoyable and very close to many fans.

Being a small place and not a Big City like what you are  many of us know our players personally and can chat to them if we see them out and about on the streets, ditto with the Owner, the CEO and the Manager because we don''t have that many streets. 

When John White was stretchered off on Saturday at Orient our first update was from "Whitey''s Lady" on our message board.  Not as bad as it looked.

And tonight Aidy Boothroyd spent three hours hitting the phones with the Telesales Department.  The things you do as a Manager.............

Special your end and Special my end but definitely smaller this end.

PS: Bumped into OK on loan from Barnsley in Long Wyre Street.

"Awesome third goal v Charlton" I said.

"Yeah it was good" he said.  "Really good.  "I thought the keeper was going to knock my head off but I got there  half a second before he did."

[/quote]

Thank you for helping out.

Sadly we are a small club but, you know, it''s still enjoyable and very close to many fans.

Being a small place and not a Big City like what you are  many of us know our players personally and can chat to them if we see them out and about on the streets, ditto with the Owner, the CEO and the Manager because we don''t have that many streets. 

When John White was stretchered off on Saturday at Orient our first update was from "Whitey''s Lady" on our message board.  Not as bad as it looked.

And tonight Aidy Boothroyd spent three hours hitting the phones with the Telesales Department.  The things you do as a Manager.............

Special your end and Special my end but definitely smaller this end.

[/quote]

And to think that you once towered over all as our capital city until Boudica''s rebellion.

Dear me.

OTBC