Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Good away support again and my umbrella!

Well done to all those who made it to Carlisle today........good support for most of the match (although we had a quite spell in the first half) and how did those two keep going with the Y''army chant?. It reminded me of the 15 minute chant at Burnley when we 2-3 down in our promotion season to The Prem.  My garden shed is bigger,chant is brill.  So how many went? 1,000?

BTW. If anybody picked up my umbrella under seat U39 (end of aisle seat) at the end of the game, I would appreciate its return! Thanks.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Well done to all those who made it to Carlisle today........good support for most of the match (although we had a quite spell in the first half) and how did those two keep going with the Y''army chant?. It reminded me of the 15 minute chant at Burnley when we 2-3 down in our promotion season to The Prem.  My garden shed is bigger,chant is brill.  So how many went? 1,000?

BTW. If anybody picked up my umbrella under seat U39 end of aisle seat at the end of the game, I would appreciate its return! Thanks.

[/quote]

Tangy - suggest adding ''www.bbc.co.uk/weather'' along side ''pinkun message board'' on your favourites. There was no mention of any rain in the north west today!

y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.

Difficult to tell exactly how many of us were there but it looked like about 700.  You just get the feeling that the supporters are believing in the team again and this does seem to be rubbing off on the players.  When Lambert and the players came across at the end it looked like they were genuinely grateful for the support.  I suspect on days like this when we didn''t play great, the encouaregement of people who will travel the length of the country to give their support makes a real difference. 

As for the garden shed chant, amusing though it is, you''d need a ruddy big garden shed to be bigger than Brunton Park!  Apart from the stand we were in it was like travelling backwards in time (i.e. before the old South Stand was even seated!).  I have to say I love going places like this even if some of the "locals" were less than welcoming!

yeah i saw a discarded umbrella as we were filing out of the row behind.  Remember thinking it was weird seeing an umbrella there at all.  Think someone took it.

Can''t believe I''m wasting my first post ever with this!! 

Fans were good.  Match was weird. Norwich had more quality, although was a bit strange to hear the expert pundit on carlisle''s phone in describe doherty and drury as "premiership" defenders.  They did play well though 

Should also say again great support but just one plea. We''re Norwich fans supporting Norwich in League one. I don''t care what the blue s**m are doing. I''ll sing non stop about City & wish we had more songs about our players. Yesterday there was a 10 minute spell in the first half where every chant was about the mob down the road.. and guess what that was when the singing flagged

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

BTW. If anybody picked up my umbrella under seat U39 (end of aisle seat) at the end of the game, I would appreciate its return! Thanks.

[/quote]

Hello Mary Poppins.

You should keep a tighter grip on your tangible fixed asset![:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Hello Mary Poppins.

[/quote]WELL SAID THE BUTLER.

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.
[/quote]

FYI the guy you are calling a ''ginger pratt'' sadly lost his wife last year at a young age to cancer so i hope that makes you feel really good about yourself "riers". he can sing all he wants near me just to see the man smiling.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]1014 away fans according to Carlisle official website[/quote]

1015. I handed over a crisp £20 note to the young spotty oik on the turnstile (after several shandys) who waved me through, but didn`t give me a ticket. When I went up to the stand and didn`t have a ticket I nearly got thrown out. Theiving little git!!!!

[quote user="Mutley"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]1014 away fans according to Carlisle official website[/quote]

1015. I handed over a crisp £20 note to the young spotty oik on the turnstile (after several shandys) who waved me through, but didn`t give me a ticket. When I went up to the stand and didn`t have a ticket I nearly got thrown out. Theiving little git!!!!

[/quote]

dirty northern bar-stewards!!

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.[/quote]

FYI the guy you are calling a ''ginger pratt'' sadly lost his wife last year at a young age to cancer so i hope that makes you feel really good about yourself "riers". he can sing all he wants near me just to see the man smiling.

[/quote]Lets be fair here, how was anyone to know anything like??

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets be fair here, how was anyone to know anything like??
[/quote]

well it was in the evening news last year as a news item with a picture of him. still no need to call him a ginger pratt just because he sings for most of the match.

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="riers"]y''army chant... two singing... hmm... let me guess it was that ginger prat and his bald mate.[/quote]

[/quote]Lets be fair here, how was anyone to know anything like??[/quote]

well it was in the evening news last year as a news item with a picture of him. still no need to call him a ginger pratt just because he sings for most of the match.

[/quote]I agree its uncalled for to say that about someone who is just supporting his team but to flame him for not being aware of tragic things that are happening in his personal life is a tad harsh.   

[quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know him, he`s a good fella.

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

Difficult to tell exactly how many of us were there but it looked like about 700.  You just get the feeling that the supporters are believing in the team again and this does seem to be rubbing off on the players.  When Lambert and the players came across at the end it looked like they were genuinely grateful for the support.  I suspect on days like this when we didn''t play great, the encouaregement of people who will travel the length of the country to give their support makes a real difference. 

[/quote]

Agreed - OTBC!

[quote user="monkfish"]

yeah i saw a discarded umbrella as we were filing out of the row behind.  Remember thinking it was weird seeing an umbrella there at all.  Think someone took it.

[/quote]

I did!

I did check the weather forecast but when I got out of the car at Carlisle for some reason I thought I may need it.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Hello Mary Poppins.

[/quote]

Lol !

[quote user="mr wizard"]steward on coach asked if anyone has lost a umbrella
[/quote]

Mr Wizard,

Thanks for the earlier info.

If by any chance you are going to Stockport by coach, do you mind asking the coach steward if they know anything about the lost umbrella (at the Carlisle game).  Thanks.

I could be reunited with my umbrella if only somebody would put in the lost property at Carrow Rd!

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Some one got on the coaches & asked if anyone had left a brolly behind. Said he''d take it back to Norwich & I think said he''d put it on the website (guess he meant official site) Hope you''re re united[/quote]

Thanks for the info - Whats a right winger. I''m still trying to locate person but getting on the official site has been a problem.