Sign in to follow this  
Penfold

Yet another rotten ref, we should sue the cheating gits.

Why the hell do we suffer so many poor refereeing performances? Do they think they can favour the opposition because we''re an unfashionable club the media doesn''t care about?We shoud take legal action again them, they wouldn''t bloody do it then. Cheats and match fixers, the lot of ''em.

Did anyone see the UEFA cup thing (whatever it''s called), 6 linesman and yet still no Video replay - It''s ridiculous.

I only agree with video replays in cut and dried decisions. We could have these decision taking ages for penalty claims etc and it would disrupt the flow of the game, goal line technology has to come in though.

simple he shouldve given a red card, yet no card at all was given , why call him over to talk to him if he wasnt gonna do anything,

probably said thanks for the bung

was a foul on Holt though was it not??I think that may have a lot to do with it.  Holty puts himself about a lot and hes a big lad.  Think the referee may have been thinking its a mans game and that Holt gives out just as much as he receives.  The incident in question i didnt see but i imagine that would be the refs thinking.  If it was little Smith or the likes of Cody that were on the end of the challenge we may well have seen a different outcome.

Got to say im all for video evidance but to a limit iv all ways said should be like tennis each team gets 2 chances in a game to contest the refs decision will stop all of this as its clear to that refs and lines men can''t do there job.

In regards to the 2 ref behind the goal I belive I heard moyers complaining that they still got a decision wrong with them behind goal so looks like its working well, and why would it work they cant get it right with 3 out there its just another 2 that cant do job properly.

If modern technology is available, then use it. The same applies to cricket. These games are too important to be decided by a refereeing or umpiring mistakes.

Referrals may break up the game and may extend matches timewise but the spectator remains involved. He has access to the big screen and can make his own judgement.

Crucial decisions made in this way can become an integral part of the game, part of the entertainment. They are in Rugby Union. 

Everything progresses, everything changes.

With technology, Strauss would not have been given out to a shocker the other day, and his dismissal virtually decided the game for me.

With technology, the two  penalty decisions against us on Monday would have been over -ruled. We might have won.  

We push forward the frontiers of technology in everything today, from medicine to motoring. Why not in this important aspect of sport,

[quote user="Longy"]I only agree with video replays in cut and dried decisions. We could have these decision taking ages for penalty claims etc and it would disrupt the flow of the game, goal line technology has to come in though.
[/quote]

If it''s a cut and dried decision then there would be no need for a video playback.

It would not take ages and disrupt the flow, it would literally take seconds for the ref to signal the "video ref" and get a decision. As there would probably be one or two of these occasions per match I can hardly see it slowing down the game.

Good few points but referrals would really add to much time half the desicions that refs get wrong in my opinion would take less than 15 seconds quick word to 3rd ref was it a pen look at replay yes/no and if each team have to per game you have the time of a sub to come on added at end.

With strauss all you can do is hold your hands up they looked at it he was out simple as a fan i can take that but when you get things going against you all the time it takes the p**s and when people say in a season you get them back I dont seem to remeber to many of them coming our way lol.

Think this is a topic that could have massive list of pros and cons at end of day id rather come away from a game if got beat that we deserved to get beat not feeling cheated that we got beat.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Longy"]I only agree with video replays in cut and dried decisions. We could have these decision taking ages for penalty claims etc and it would disrupt the flow of the game, goal line technology has to come in though.[/quote]

If it''s a cut and dried decision then there would be no need for a video playback.

It would not take ages and disrupt the flow, it would literally take seconds for the ref to signal the "video ref" and get a decision. As there would probably be one or two of these occasions per match I can hardly see it slowing down the game.

[/quote]So there have been no goals that have passed the goal line and not been given? I am talking about black and white decision either it is or it isn''t. You only to look at the farce that is the referal system in cricket when they started messing about with lbw etc, to see what a mess a system like this could be in football.

[quote user="Longy"]I only agree with video replays in cut and dried decisions. We could have these decision taking ages for penalty claims etc and it would disrupt the flow of the game, goal line technology has to come in though.
[/quote]

Exactly! Goal line technology would be a good introduction, if they could make it rapid. Its no good if its gonna waste a load of time!

just an idea why not use something like they do in ice hockey if the puck crosses the goal line the busser sounds and a goal is given , instant and if done right uncontestable (only my opinion)

[quote user="dezmondo18"]just an idea why not use something like they do in ice hockey if the puck crosses the goal line the busser sounds and a goal is given , instant and if done right uncontestable (only my opinion)[/quote]

Good shout there, I think if it is a major issue, then the Linesmen and 4th official should give their view on it alot more often!

The 4th official surely had a good enough view today?

[quote user="dezmondo18"]just an idea why not use something like they do in ice hockey if the puck crosses the goal line the busser sounds and a goal is given , instant and if done right uncontestable (only my opinion)[/quote]The red light in hockey is actually someone pressing a button when he think the puck has crossed the line, it is not goal line technology as such. This is because it is so hard to follow the puck in hockey at times, so the crowd are made aware a goal has been scored.Of course the technology is availabe and I believe it should be used, just a chip in a ball and sensor on the line is all that is required.