Sign in to follow this  
Peeky-NCFC

Another Striker ?

i think Mr Lambert has to put either chris martin or cody mcdonald on for luke daley. daley has done nothing from what iv heard

so our team looks more like of a diamond

Holt Cody/Martin

Hooli

Lappin Smith

Rusty

Same Back 4 obviously

Forster

hope we get this 2nd half

No, Daley has been stunning!Hoolahan has been utterly useless. Probably one, if not the worst player on the pitch.I''m assuming Smudge will back my corner on this?

[quote user="John"]No, Daley has been stunning!Hoolahan has been utterly useless. Probably one, if not the worst player on the pitch.I''m assuming Smudge will back my corner on this?[/quote]???Daley was innefective again today.

[quote user="John"]No, Daley has been stunning!

Hoolahan has been utterly useless. Probably one, if not the worst player on the pitch.

I''m assuming Smudge will back my corner on this?
[/quote]

your just here to argue [;)]

[quote user="John"]No, Daley has been stunning!

Hoolahan has been utterly useless. Probably one, if not the worst player on the pitch.

I''m assuming Smudge will back my corner on this?
[/quote]

I actually have no idea if this is a joke or serious, but i agree.

I dont think Hoolahan is as good, or played as well as everyone is making out. I dont think it works when he is in his little free-role, because then our midfield has no structure.

Im not a great fan of Daley, but i do think he did play quite well today.

[quote user="Brendan"]

We have 2, Cody + Daley. Not good enough atm imo tbh [:P]

[/quote]

brendan,??

cody not good enough?? yeah he is - you just want your post count up!

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="John"]No, Daley has been stunning!Hoolahan has been utterly useless. Probably one, if not the worst player on the pitch.I''m assuming Smudge will back my corner on this?[/quote]

I actually have no idea if this is a joke or serious, but i agree.

I dont think Hoolahan is as good, or played as well as everyone is making out. I dont think it works when he is in his little free-role, because then our midfield has no structure.

Im not a great fan of Daley, but i do think he did play quite well today.

[/quote]So Hoolahan didn''t play well as people say and Daley played well..Funny how everyone sees a game differently [:|]

for me Cody is good enough. But one thing about todays strike force, Holt likes to be involved in the build up, a bit like Rooney dropping deep etc, and so does Hoolahan so for me it didnt work as well as it could have done. Plenty of times someone had the ball to feed through/ cross but Holt was out wide or deep trying to link play

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]for me Cody is good enough. But one thing about todays strike force, Holt likes to be involved in the build up, a bit like Rooney dropping deep etc, and so does Hoolahan so for me it didnt work as well as it could have done. Plenty of times someone had the ball to feed through/ cross but Holt was out wide or deep trying to link play[/quote]I''m not sure why people like these diamond like formations. For me,

they don''t offer the strength, structure or depth. For me, with

everyone fit, my team would be as follows:ForsterSemi  Spillane  Askou  DrurySmith  Russell  Hughes  LappinHoolahanHolt    While

I see your point, Neil about Holt/Hoolahan, I do think with time they

would adapt a bit more to each other and maybe we would see Holt and

Hoolahan learning to play off each other. As for Daley, I have

to say I think he''s getting better. Good pace, some clever moves and

his crossing is decent. I also like his movement. It''s just a shame he

doesn''t seem able to dribble very effectively and lacks strength -

fullbacks will quickly suss him out. Still, he''s young and I think will

mature and develop.

I really want Cody to do well, however i feel his confidence at the moment is shot.

We also need Hughes to play if we are going to use 4-4-2 formation as he adds a lot more defensively compared to Hoolahan. Someone like Le Fondre would be superb.

I am guessing we will see a couple of loans in January and maybe 1 signing.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I''m not sure why people like these diamond like formations. For me, they don''t offer the strength, structure or depth. For me, with everyone fit, my team would be as follows:

Forster

Semi  Spillane  Askou  Drury

Smith  Russell  Hughes  Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt[/quote]

Agree, i would have thought it ws fairly obvious too. Why would you want to shackle Hughes by making him play deep in a diamond when he can play a killer pass, Hoolahan off one striker. Hoolahan took his goal very well and proves he can score.

I think the formation is good too, my only doubt is that Smith has played well in the centre so should that be changed. But it might work better as Russell playing frees Hughes up more and Smith has played on the wing before, so it might be a good use of all available best players.

Actually, to add to that, it might work really well as Semmy adds natural width anyway and Smith doesn''t shirk his defensive duties, so can cover when Semmy does make his forays.