Sign in to follow this  
Starks

Does anyone else think...

We will now go on a bit of a winning run. I''m certainly feeling motivated after that performance and I feel the players will be on a high after Holt''s dramatic equaliser. It''s all about cofidence after all.

Nope. Because the next game is Gillingham and I''m going and I''m jinxed. Sorry in advance everyone. So far this season my presence has ruined the Col U game, Brentford and MK dons. Should I stay home?

To get a draw against the Divisions top team when we only played well for one half and at times didn''t have very good shape shows that we are not far off at all. Mk Dons last Monday was the same when only injuries and poor ref decisions prevented a win at one of the best teams in the Division.

Hopefully if we can get a good run with injuries, ref decisions and Lambert knows his best team then we''ll take some stopping at this level but its probably to late to challenge the top 2 now?

[quote user="Romantic"]Nope. Because the next game is Gillingham and I''m going and I''m jinxed. Sorry in advance everyone. So far this season my presence has ruined the Col U game, Brentford and MK dons. Should I stay home?
[/quote]

That makes two of us then. No you should still go to the Gillingham game I think we only did well  against Charlton because we raised our game because their a big team.[:)]

Helen''s right I think, we upped our game to cope with a bigger team. I, sadly, think we''ll let it slip but i''d love to be proved wrong!

Odd how we play against ''bigger'' sides though, last season we drew with Brum both times and (by rights at least) should have lost, and we beat Wolves at home and drew away. We''d probably do better if we only played big teams!! Not that the league could work like that, but still...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Nope sorry, not confident [:)][/quote]

Well I am,I''m looking at 9 points on the way here in the next 3 matches ,   

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]Helen''s right I think, we upped our game to cope with a bigger team. I, sadly, think we''ll let it slip but i''d love to be proved wrong! Odd how we play against ''bigger'' sides though, last season we drew with Brum both times and (by rights at least) should have lost, and we beat Wolves at home and drew away. We''d probably do better if we only played big teams!! Not that the league could work like that, but still...[/quote]

Its funny how people think this. How many survivors are there from last season?

Perhaps the team have more self-belief after a draw yesterday which could have been a win, and a loss on Monday which could have been a draw, and against two top teams, and with four players injured and one not fit who had to play. Good results really. Charlton fielded the same team for the twelves occasion?I hope that if we can take this forward, with a side strengthened by Hughes and possibly Nelson, can reduce the defensive frailites and also avoid further injuries, then we can be optimisitic.As to whether a run beckons, perhaps not, as it takes only a couple of defensive errors to lose a game, but I certainly hope that we shall start moving up the table.

Hey AVFC-NCFC, it doesn''t let me quote stuff :P

I was gonna say that, and you''re right, the squad is totally changed. Maybe its just a trait of the club ;)

If we can manage to sit there or thereabouts (ie. just above half-way)  for the first 30 games, then it is not inconceivable that we may be able to make a late run to the play-offs.

I make this assumption based upon the following:

1. Our new manager seems the part. Early days I know, but there is something there that gives me greater confidence in managerial competence than at any time since Worthy.

2 The current side  do not seem that bad at this level. I have been pleasantly impressed on occasions. The youngsters can only improve.

3. The deficiencies in the squad can be rectified by this manager during the next window. Given some money of course. 

4. The crowd seems to remain positive and will give full support when provided with performances like yesterday

5. This is my unrealistic dream. Brummie talk is that Brady and Sullivan are interested in our club. My fingers are crossed at least.

I realise that this is optimism from the bottom looking upwards, but that is our lot at the moment.

So far,  this season has not been the horror story many of us expected (eg. Colchester?)  I am quite enjoying it.

Of course, everything is made better by RK''s inevitable cock-up down he road. ITFC fans, remember the ones who gloated so much at our demise,

are in a state of shock. Their messiah has been found wanting and their benefactor is a bit reluctant to release the purse strings.

I thought things would be a lot worse.