Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

FA Cup 1st Round draw?

Hi everyone, just been told that we are not able to get to the Tranmere game but might (If its pretty local) be able to get to the FA cup 1st round (Rubbish opponents but oh well...). So I was wondering if anyone out there knows when the draw is?

Many Thanks,

The 4th (final) qualifying round takes place on the weekend of 24th/25th October, so I presume the draw will be made after one of the televised games on the Sunday.

[quote user="Norwich"]Hi everyone, just been told that we are not able to get to the Tranmere game but might (If its pretty local) be able to get to the FA cup 1st round (Rubbish opponents but oh well...). So I was wondering if anyone out there knows when the draw is? Many Thanks,[/quote]

Try the F A site http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/FACupRoundDates0910.aspx

Hope that helps you.

The 4th Qualifying Round is on Sat 24th October so the draw for the 1st Round proper will, I think, be the next day, Sun 25th

The 1st Round will be played on Sat 7th/Sun 8th November and, yes, we''ll be in it.

Still, you never know, we might be on the telly.......big club meets minnows and all that

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

The 4th Qualifying Round is on Sat 24th October so the draw for the 1st Round proper will, I think, be the next day, Sun 25th

The 1st Round will be played on Sat 7th/Sun 8th November and, yes, we''ll be in it.

Still, you never know, we might be on the telly.......big club meets minnows and all that

[/quote]

Colchester United v Norwich City would surely qualify? [;)]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

The 4th (final) qualifying round takes place on the weekend of 24th/25th October, so I presume the draw will be made after one of the televised games on the Sunday.

[/quote]Didn''t think the qualifying games were televised?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]
Didn''t think the qualifying games were televised?
[/quote]

Oh dear. I was getting confused with the good old days when we came in at the 3rd round, and the draw was after a second round match. Sigh.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]IF Lowestoft Town beat Boston United on Saturday, they''ll only be 2 wins away from 1st round proper.So Lowestoft Town vs. Norwich City, that would create some interest.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did of course mean to say minnows meet big club........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did of course mean to say minnows meet big club........

[/quote]

That is how I took it.  Certainly would have an edge I believe.[:D]

Some of the 1st and 2nd round is covered live now, since ITV have the rights. I remember seeing Leeds lose to a non league team (the name escapes me) in the 2nd round last December live on ITV. So you never know, if we get drawn against a similar ''potential banana skin''.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Some of the 1st and 2nd round is covered live now, since ITV have the rights. I remember seeing Leeds lose to a non league team (the name escapes me) in the 2nd round last December live on ITV. So you never know, if we get drawn against a similar ''potential banana skin''.[/quote]

How could you forget the mighty Histon ? [;)]