Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What do you notice about this article?

Perhaps the answer you were looking for BBB was that there was no stereotypical "Naarfolk" references.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Is the answer that there are no spelling mistakes? Most unusual for the Grauniad.

[/quote]

I think he was saying that it was trying to tell us something we already knew

It concentrates on where we are now and not where we used to be or even where some feel we should be. It''s also not full of negativity about League One or blame for how we arrived there.

I suspect you noticed something different and are about to change that though[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It concentrates on where we are now and not where we used to be or even where some feel we should be. It''s also not full of negativity about League One or blame for how we arrived there.

I suspect you noticed something different and are about to change that though[;)]

[/quote]

Like I said, it told us what we already knew  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt that''s the answer Babes is looking for Pete. We''ll go around the houses for a while before he informs us that it''s unusual because it doesn''t mention..........................................................

No................ let''s leave it a while longer[O][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt that''s the answer Babes is looking for Pete. We''ll go around the houses for a while before he informs us that it''s unusual because it doesn''t mention..........................................................

[/quote]

Well, I noticed it was written by an Observer freelance who lives near Cardiff and is a Brighton fan and who''s been waiting for months to use that killingly funny line "Fenland mountain rescue team."  It was either going to be Norwich or Peterborough and Norwich won![:P] 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I noticed it was written by an Observer freelance who lives near Cardiff and is a Brighton fan and who''s been waiting for months to use that killingly funny line "Fenland mountain rescue team."  It was either going to be Norwich or Peterborough and Norwich won![:P] 

[/quote]

There is in fact a Norfolk Mountain rescue team.

They hold meetings in the Assembly house.

No this is not a wind-up

If he had bothered to check the depth of some of the fenland dykes he would have found that you need a rope to climb out of them!![:D]

Then possibly being a journo frtom Wales he would find another meaning for Dyke

[quote user="lappinitup"]And another thing, I noticed something that you both missed. [H][/quote]

...and I bet that I noticed something that you all missed. [:P]

I think that if the author wants a reasonable shout for covering the game his expenses will far outshine the Obsever match fee as in:

Travel and Return from Cardiff to Norwich at 32p per mile.

Lunch Allowance.

Parking.

Interview with Paul Lambert (Gratuities)

Evening Dinner Allowance (bill attached)

Re bill attached.  Pack of 50 restaurant pads £32.if you know where to go and well worth the money.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I think that if the author wants a reasonable shout for covering the game his expenses will far outshine the Obsever match fee as in:

Travel and Return from Cardiff to Norwich at 32p per mile.

Lunch Allowance.

Parking.

Interview with Paul Lambert (Gratuities)

Evening Dinner Allowance (bill attached)

Re bill attached.  Pack of 50 restaurant pads £32.if you know where to go and well worth the money.[;)]

[/quote]

Padding I get, but retaurant pads - wtf are they? Does NCFC Catering use them?

And do Archant know about them?

Deary me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Padding I get, but retaurant pads - wtf are they? Does NCFC Catering use them?[/quote]Oh, c''mon now Bly! Not too difficult to work out is it unless you''ve lived a very sheltered life. Tried Google have you? [:O]

[quote user="6th May 1939"]What did I notice? Well that the author is too idle to find out whether there is a mountain rescue team in Fenland. http://www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk/ I do find the relentless ignorance of journalists depressing.[/quote]

He''s not a reporter.  It''s the Guardian remember.  Just clever words will do for them.

[;)]