Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

haha to the people who left early.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]......it'';s easy to stay until the end if you live in Norfolk, when you have a 5hr round trip for a home game perhaps you would see things in a different manner!!![/quote]I have a 250 mile round trip for every home game and leaving 5 minutes early does not make one drop off difference to my journey home. The way i look at it is if i am going to spend 5 hours travelling to a game, i am going to stay for the entire game.

I wonder if anyone watching it on the wireless left early?[:-*] Come on .. own up you lot[:$] Who left early to watch Final Score[:^)] Who had written it off and wanted to catch some of Come Dine With Me? [pi]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

You had to, care to elaborate?

[/quote]

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!

Seriously, get over yourself.  Who cares?  Did his leaving early inconvenience you in any way?   I think not, so button it.

[/quote]

Not at all, he can leave when he likes. I just put my opinion across in the first place about how i found it funny to people who left early, then he disagreed, i just thought it was a tad odd that he had to leave precisely at 91 mins, i believe he said. [:S]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

Seriously, get over yourself.  Who cares?  Did his leaving early inconvenience you in any way?   I think not, so button it.

[/quote]

Did you miss the goal Mister[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!Seriously, get over yourself.  Who cares?  Did his leaving early inconvenience you in any way?   I think not, so button it.[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]From what I saw from the Upper Barclay, it seemed to go in off Holt''s arse.  Up there with other classics such as Rosario scoring with his "John Thomas," if I recall, and the famous Dean Coney knee.I did however miss Colchester''s 7th goal.

[quote user="Jacoljam"]I had to leave at 91 mins.I''ll see the goal tonight.Cannot understand supporters enjoying another supporters misfortune.[/quote]what on earth makes u want to leave 1 minute early, serves you right!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

From what I saw from the Upper Barclay, it seemed to go in off Holt''s arse.  Up there with other classics such as Rosario scoring with his "John Thomas," if I recall, and the famous Dean Coney knee.

I did however miss Colchester''s 7th goal.

[/quote]

Sometimes I''m tempted to leg it early because I''m sure the back rows of the Lower Barclay Block E are the last to get out of the ground. By the time we reach our exit the rest of the ground is empty and I reckon you''ve already got your ratings on here! I never have yet though. One of my mates always does! He left 1-4 against Boro but likes to tell everyone he came back for the last 2 goals[^o)] Yeah right!![;)]

The problem is, even during a game like yesterdays, which was very entertaining and we were on top, if we shoot badly or lose the ball for a minute during the last ten minutes, people will get up and leave on mass. This inevitably has a phycological effect on the players and other fans. Personally I think it''s selfish to leave early, we''re all in it together alegedly, and my view was certainly blocked when they all came rushing back in when the goal went in.

Whatever really, I win, because I saw the goal today and felt part of it. To leave early today was madness, it was a very good game and we were always in with a shout of getting a late equaliser. If it really is that important to get home, I do wonder why you''d bother coming in the first place. I live in Norwich but even if it did take an hour to walk home, I would wait till the final whistle. If you are doing a five hour round trip, then fair play to you, but surely that makes it even more important to stay. So basically you get home going: "Yeah good game today, well worth the five hour drive, I missed the best bit of the game though, as I didn''t want to drive for six hours!" Hello! You are already spending your whole day driving back and forth from Norwich! What difference is it going to make? My advice would be don''t live that far from your chosen football team.

I don''t mind people leaving early, a chap who sits next to me always does, but he picks his moment and nips out quickly, often without me noticing which is bloody clever. It is how people do it on mass, after a perceived poor bit of play, when it is lots of people doing it, it is almost like a protest. I feel like they are almost mocking the rest of us for staying. Maybe I''m just paranoid. Either way, they are nowhere near as annoying as the tw@ts infront of me, who turn up, pie in hand, late for the second half, one by one, without fail, for at least four years.

Actually to be fair, i sit on the second seat to an aisle. And no one ever leaves early past me, but they do to go down to the bar at half time.

I think we should all be made to stay back whilst the away support disperses.....and then assist the club by picking up the discarded litter in the stands, then depositing it in rubbish bins on the way out....Every little helps and a true fan certainly wouldn''t object.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I think we should all be made to stay back whilst the away support disperses.....and then assist the club by picking up the discarded litter in the stands, then depositing it in rubbish bins on the way out....Every little helps and a true fan certainly wouldn''t object.[/quote]

I would [;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I think we should all be made to stay back whilst the away support disperses.....and then assist the club by picking up the discarded litter in the stands, then depositing it in rubbish bins on the way out....Every little helps and a true fan certainly wouldn''t object.[/quote]That would also cut down on the costs of litter patrol, saving the club another £10 a week to go into Paul Lambert''s transfer fund.

[quote user="Brendan"]

Well most of them at least, unless for a special reason,eg. elderly, traffic cause you live far away etc.

Today was one of those, which if you left early, then you must feel a tad gutted. [:)]

[/quote]

We always leave about 5 minutes before the end of the full time whistle, 1) because of a disability that means I cannot walk fast or far without pain, and 2) because we like to get out of the City without being stuck in traffic for 30 to 40 minutes.

I was not gutted I missed the goal at all, saw it onTV. [:P]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Brendan"]

Well most of them at least, unless for a special reason,eg. elderly, traffic cause you live far away etc.

Today was one of those, which if you left early, then you must feel a tad gutted. [:)]

[/quote]

We always leave about 5 minutes before the end of the full time whistle, 1) because of a disability that means I cannot walk fast or far without pain, and 2) because we like to get out of the City without being stuck in traffic for 30 to 40 minutes.

I was not gutted I missed the goal at all, saw it onTV. [:P]

[/quote]

Sorry, maybe should have reworded enderly, to disability of some sort or something.  

I got kicked out yesturday !!!! my Grandad was talking to someone, and a steward came over and told us to leave, only 3/4 mins after the scores.... :P

I find it annoying when people leave early particly when a row of people have to stand up to let someone pass so that person can leave, and then they stand around the exists and aisles blocking the view.

The same thing also happeneds before half-time. It is really annoying. I wish they would have more consideration for fellow fans and stay seated until the end of the half.

It''s a free country I''m afraid my friend. Your enjoyment may be marred by them getting out, but by the same token,their''s may be marred by staying put. Until it''s made law that you must be present at the very start and stay until the final whistle, it''s always going to happen. Have a word with them as they pass if it''s bugging you that much. Or refuse to let them back after half-time. I''m sure that would have an effect.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I got kicked out yesturday !!!! my Grandad was talking to someone, and a steward came over and told us to leave, only 3/4 mins after the scores.... :P
[/quote]

What did you even do wrong?

I went to morrisons after the game and two people came over and asked me what the final score was because they left early.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I''ll never understand people who pay to watch a football match then don''t watch the entire game for whatever reason unless its a life of death situation or your partner gives birth![/quote]

I like it when they say over the tannoy thing "Could Mr. something please leave, your wife is in labour" at which point all the crowd go wheyyyyyyyy [:)]

I can fully understand why some leave early... especially the few who travel several hours each home game and leaving two or three minutes early or sitting in traffic for an extra hour.   Those fans should be praised for loyalty not critised.If you leave early just for getting at the front of the queue for the chippy.... that''s completely different, but it is their choice.

My problem is with those who get up with 35 minutes on the clock to go to the refreshment area''s.

Supports my theory, that football is the 2nd reason why some fans go to Carrow Road, you very rarely see the same thing at other grounds, as most if not all stay until the end of the first half!

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Supports my theory, that football is the 2nd reason why some fans go to Carrow Road, you very rarely see the same thing at other grounds, as most if not all stay until the end of the first half!

[/quote]Based on what evidence?  I''ve never seen crowds behave any differently at any match I''ve been to.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

I find it annoying when people leave early particly when a row of people have to stand up to let someone pass so that person can leave, and then they stand around the exists and aisles blocking the view.

The same thing also happeneds before half-time. It is really annoying. I wish they would have more consideration for fellow fans and stay seated until the end of the half.

[/quote]

Well Said Mate, It Is Very Annoying. Especially When One Group Of People On Your Row Decide To Get Up, Then Just As You Sit Down Some More Want To Get Past. Just All Get Up Together, Would Be So Much Easier/Less Annoying! [:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

Based on what evidence?  I''ve never seen crowds behave any differently at any match I''ve been to.

[/quote]

1) How many away matches have you attended?

2) How many opposing fans at these games have you seen leave 10 minutes before half-time to the refreshment areas?

I''ll answer my own questions there.

1) Enough to gage an opinion

2) Very little if at all - if anything a small proportion compared to those at Carrow Road 

What no-one has mentioned is that for no obvious reason the referee failed to get the match underway until 3.04. So anyone who had to leave during the four minutes of injury time at the other end of the game can thank Charlton''s referee.

No doubt they will be docking some of his match fee for failing to give them the win. Perhaps they could dock a little more for failing to start on time?

[quote user="6th May 1939"]What no-one has mentioned is that for no obvious reason the referee failed to get the match underway until 3.04. So anyone who had to leave during the four minutes of injury time at the other end of the game can thank Charlton''s referee. No doubt they will be docking some of his match fee for failing to give them the win. Perhaps they could dock a little more for failing to start on time?[/quote]

lol

[quote user="refjezhitchin"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]Based on what evidence?  I''ve never seen crowds behave any differently at any match I''ve been to.[/quote]

1) How many away matches have you attended?

2) How many opposing fans at these games have you seen leave 10 minutes before half-time to the refreshment areas?

I''ll answer my own questions there.

1) Enough to gage an opinion

2) Very little if at all - if anything a small proportion compared to those at Carrow Road 

[/quote]1) ditto2) disagree.