Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Have you seen Bellars play recently?

He''s in the form of his life I reckon. Tremendous stuff - looking super-fit too.

And in top class company too.

I do hope he will have an injury-free season for a change. He deserves a bit of luck on this front.

OTBC 

I remember when Man City failed to sign Kaka and everyone and anyone-other fans, media et al-was crowing about how they "only had Craig Bellamy" and laughing about it, like that was a dis-advantage!

I thought, well, he''s no Kaka, but who is-and he''s a damned good player anyway, he''ll get games and goals, no matter who they sign.

Delighted that Bellars is playing so wlell, took his chances today excellently and hope he has a good season.

Great game.

[quote user="Norwich"]who do you mean by Bellars?[/quote]

The only excuse for not knowing this is if you are still in your teens or lower. Otherwise you weren''t paying enough attention in the late 90s!

Both goals he scored today were absolutely superb. A fantastic hit from 20 yards followed by a terrific run and finish - 2 very different goals but emphasises the quality we all knew he had back in the day. I''m welling up now thinking of my all time favourite front line of Iwan and Bellars... [:(]

One of the most talented players to put on a city shirt, it just makes you wonder what levels he could have achieved (and he may well still) without the actions of Muscat and Souness.

I like it that he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I wonder how many people are aware that he has footed all of darren way''s rehab and medical bills?

I know he can afford it but he didn''t have to do it...imagine if someone like michael owen had done it...it would have been headline news!

Top bloke

[quote user="canaryjock"]

The only excuse for not knowing this is if you are still in your teens or lower. Otherwise you weren''t paying enough attention in the late 90s!

Both goals he scored today were absolutely superb. A fantastic hit from 20 yards followed by a terrific run and finish - 2 very different goals but emphasises the quality we all knew he had back in the day. I''m welling up now thinking of my all time favourite front line of Iwan and Bellars... [:(]

[/quote]

Thanks mate, yes I am only 14...do not know that far back! :)

[quote user="Norwich"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

Thanks mate, yes I am only 14...do not know that far back! :)[/quote]Imagine Huckerby but 5 times better with a consistent end product. Pace, intelligence, skill, hard worker...the boy was class here and his partnership with Iwan was immense. they both got 20+ one season!He really is the best player we have ever produced. I would love to see him end his career here......ha...like thats gonna happen!