Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Football/Norwich Fans

I am going to moan now....I was soo angry yesturday, not because of the preformace (which was pretty good, not too bad anyway...) but 2/3 fans around me who seem to know nothing, don''t watch or at least notice what is happening/who is who. a few examples examples:''Go on Holty'' when Russel is jumping for the ball.....''Oh thats crap rusty'' then ''unlucky holty'' when Russel did really weel to hold onto the ball, then passed it to Holt who lost it....''Spillane is useless, im sorry if hes Doc''s replacement'' just after he made that really good block, and after he got outpaced by SOMEONE FASTER THAN HIM ????just three examples of a couple of fans who just don''t know anything, they really put me off going tbh.. the all pick players they like and don''t like and keep to that, so one of them has decided he Loves Holt... so everything he does even if poor is good...and doesn''t like Rusty, so when he does really well, he moans about him.The woman behind me is the worst, she moan''s about everything, is sorry about everything, goes back on her self (like she wanted Worthy back last season, but wanted him out as soon as we where relegated form the prem...) and she and many other''s don''t seem to realise other clubs have players better than outs, so when Spillane gets outpaced by some one faster than him, you can''t blame him, he can just do his best (and he did, he put a foot in and blocked the shot...)There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The woman behind me is the worst, she moan''s about everything, is sorry about everything, goes back on her self (like she wanted Worthy back last season, but wanted him out as soon as we where relegated form the prem...) [/quote]Nigel, do you ever "dress up" for the big matches? [8-)]

I was mortified at myself at the MK game on Monday. For various reasons I hadn''t sussed that Hughes was playing and from a distance got it in my head it was Gill. Apologies to the lads sat next to me who asked who was injured and looked quietly confused when I told them it was Gill! What a numpty!

Agreed, I also found it painful hearing people moan at Askou for the occasional hoof. I hate hoof-ball with a passion, but he is quite clearly a "no-nonsense" centre back. One of those who positively despises the ball and will belt it as far away as possible if it has the adacity to come near him. This is what he will do, he has done it very well so far. Quite how people expect a random player from the lower leagues of Turkey (I think) to bring the ball down nicely and beat three men is beyond me. There is a good reason all our players are in League 1, but that doesn''t make them rubbish.

I think I can blame all this (like everything else) on sky sports. I bet you all the people who are really annoying watch Champions League in the week and then compare the Norwich players to this.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)[/quote]As an observation, if you''re going to moan about the "intellegence" of Norwich fans, it would help if you had some yourself.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]

Agreed, I also found it painful hearing people moan at Askou for the occasional hoof. I hate hoof-ball with a passion, but he is quite clearly a "no-nonsense" centre back. One of those who positively despises the ball and will belt it as far away as possible if it has the adacity to come near him.[/quote]

So when Askou does it, he''s "no nonsense" - and when other Centre Backs do it, they are donkeys.  Okay...

I think Askou is a decent player and has done well for us, but there were a few occasions yesterday when he just hoofed the ball out of play when he was under no pressure and just had to play a simple pass to someone. Anyone. I like him but he needs sometimes he just needs to think a little bit (and he can really hoof a ball in a way that the Doc can only dream of...).

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]
There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)
[/quote]

As an observation, if you''re going to moan about the "intellegence" of Norwich fans, it would help if you had some yourself.

[/quote]

Chops, why nit pick? Its just stupid. Spelling things wrong is a tad different to knowing nothing.

Askou''s heading is excellent too. Away first, culture next. He can improve but I really like the difference he''s made to our defence.

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)[/quote]As an observation, if you''re going to moan about the "intellegence" of Norwich fans, it would help if you had some yourself.

[/quote]

Chops, why nit pick? Its just stupid. Spelling things wrong is a tad different to knowing nothing.

[/quote]Technically, that should be "spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)
[/quote]

As an observation, if you''re going to moan about the "intellegence" of Norwich fans, it would help if you had some yourself.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Technically, that should be "spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."

[/quote]

Technically, that should be "Technically, that should be "Spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."

Two can play at that game. [;)]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Gingerpele"]There is probably a lot more, it just seems the Intellegence (i probably spealt that worn didn''t I :P) of the football fans hopefully not just Norwich fans is just annoying.... to say the least. (I''m not saying that i am really clever or anything...but i like to think that i actually know what is happening, and think about things, i just just shout random abuse at players, or moan about them non-stop for 90 mins...)[/quote]As an observation, if you''re going to moan about the "intellegence" of Norwich fans, it would help if you had some yourself.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Technically, that should be "spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."[/quote]

Technically, that should be "Technically, that should be "Spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."

[/quote]Busted!

The woman behind me is the worst, she moan''s about everything, is sorry about everything, goes back on her self (like she wanted Worthy back last season, but wanted him out as soon as we where relegated form the prem...)
[/quote]

Nigel, do you ever "dress up" for the big matches? [8-)]
[/quote]

It''s the old "Weather House Syndrome" Mister. The fickle change from man to woman game by game. Sometimes mid-game as they get to grips with the live league table. Although it''s cold sometimes when you never get a turn indoors, Nigel never wanted him gone and hasn''t seen anything since to change his mind [Z][st]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Technically, that should be "spelling things incorrectly is a tad different."

[/quote]

[/quote]

Busted!
[/quote]

They split in 2005....get over it!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

Agreed, I also found it painful hearing people moan at Askou for the occasional hoof. I hate hoof-ball with a passion, but he is quite clearly a "no-nonsense" centre back. One of those who positively despises the ball and will belt it as far away as possible if it has the adacity to come near him.[/quote]

So when Askou does it, he''s "no nonsense" - and when other Centre Backs do it, they are donkeys.  Okay...[/quote]You might need to calm it down a bit, or somebody might think you''ve got something against him...... hmmm

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Fuglestad"]

So when Askou does it, he''s "no nonsense" - and when other Centre Backs do it, they are donkeys.  Okay...[/quote]You might need to calm it down a bit, or somebody might think you''ve got something against him...... hmmm[/quote]I''ve got nothing against him at all, I just don''t like double standards. 

I for one think Askou is a breath of fresh air. A defender who doesn''t piss all over himself every game, and knows how to clear the ball. If the ball is in our possession or in the stands the other team can''t score. Long live performances like his (and spillanes) yesterday, and hopefully we''ll never see Doherty grace the turf of carrow road again.

Askou probably is our best centre back at the moment, but I still don''t think you could say he is amongst the best in the division. His distribution isn''t great (hoofing the ball is alright when he in danger, but he does it unnecessarily at times) and I don''t have total confidence in him.He is basically Doherty, but a bit sharper and livelier.

The ones who sit behind me last season didn''t really watch the game, just talk about school and when they do talk about football, they didn''t know what they were talking about.

[quote user="Fellas"]A defender who doesn''t piss all over himself every game, and knows how to clear the ball. If the ball is in our possession or in the stands the other team can''t score.[/quote]

Do you coach? Or I should say, did you coach in the 1980s?

I agree with your point about getting rid cleanly, but have you not noticed that putting the ball (as you so romantically put it) in the stands gives the other team possession back? And as such allows good footballing teams another chance to come at us?

When necessary, putting the ball out of the ground is a good choice but with little or no pressure, it would be by far in our favour to keep the ball at all costs and try to put a passing move together. Doherty is gone now, you can let that one go. But his replacement must be able to help us keep the ball, as well as head it clear or bash it into row Z.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Fellas"]A defender who doesn''t piss all over himself every game, and knows how to clear the ball. If the ball is in our possession or in the stands the other team can''t score.[/quote]

Do you coach? Or I should say, did you coach in the 1980s?

I agree with your point about getting rid cleanly, but have you not noticed that putting the ball (as you so romantically put it) in the stands gives the other team possession back? And as such allows good footballing teams another chance to come at us?

When necessary, putting the ball out of the ground is a good choice but with little or no pressure, it would be by far in our favour to keep the ball at all costs and try to put a passing move together. Doherty is gone now, you can let that one go. But his replacement must be able to help us keep the ball, as well as head it clear or bash it into row Z.

[/quote]We were playing Charlton, with probably the fastest front 4 in the league. A bad header could (and sort of did) result in a goal. When Charlton were at their most dangerous, I don''t mind us giving them possession back in their own half and let Smith and Rusty do the work. In the second half, when we were squeezing Charlton out of the game, our defenders were stopping the ball and playing it, of course I guess that wasn''t important. Funnily enough just watching the chelsea game now, a big clearance by Terry has got them a free-kick right on the edge of the other teams area. Ok so Holt was gonna struggle yesterday, Charltons cloggers were gonna make sure of that, but I much rather see the ball away from our defence than round it. I don''t think it''s any surprise that our best defensive performances of the past 2 years have been over these past few games, with a defence that gives no chances.As much as Doc is a good tackler, he gives easy ball to the other team far far far too often (far). Anyways, Askou has just come over to British football and if the only faults I can find are that he tends to bash the ball about too much, then I''m much happier with that then with a player who consistently makes big errors every game (or a player slower than a ship....)

I can''t get to that many games, but after going to a few last season I really wondered whether it was worth it, particularly after Swansea. Nothing to do with the football (we lost 2-1 I think), but some (and I stress, only some) of our so-called supporters who had driven the 600 mile round trip spent the entire time just moaning, whinging, slagging off and generally slating everything to do with the club and what was going on in front of us. Of course, it''s possible to just ignore them and focus on the game, but in the end it''s a bit like going to a film and having someone next to you complaining about the script, the direction, the lighting, the acting and the sound quality from beginning to end.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, but why bother to go if you feel this way?

A couple of others at the game took exception to this crap and ended up in an argument with them. I think one of them got thrown out for standing up and arguing with them (although the stewards had been warning people for standing up before). They should have thrown out the bloody moaners instead.

Haha, I went to the game with my brother on Saturday and have mentioned on here that his pronunciation of names was appalling [OtsemeborG...? and bert-Rand] but I had to try adn stop myslef from laughin when he was going on about the ref being biast after Holt got kicked... is BIASTY a real word?

He is possibly the worst person to watch a game with because not only is he very fickle and changes his mind on players performances every 5 minutes and the way he says players names is a little embarrassing, but he has such a loud voice, even when just talking to me, but also when he shouts!!

Lastly, he always use the same line at a ref when there is a wrong deicision..."Should have gone to Specsavers ref!! Which may be funny the first 2 maybe 3 times, but after a lifetime of it I am sure that all the other fans around us must be getting bored of it.

PS My bro is a legend and got me 2 golden goal ticket things! Would have one first prize if the first half goal mouth scramble had gone in too!!

I don`t think anyone can seriously argue that Askou isn`t clearly a better player than Doc.  Better positioning, timing and a bit quicker.  The timing thing is obvious by how dangerous Askou is in the oppo`s penalty area compared to the Docs apparent tactic of jumping, closing his eyes and hoping the ball hits his head....

I don''t think this was mean''t to be a Askou thread :P

But anyway, i think some people just need to go home after a game, and think about every comment they made, and think why they made it, and then maybe realise they are being a bit harsh (and annoying...)

Agreed GP - but you only have to look at some of the posts after the MK game to realise this is widespread.  At the end of the day these people have their own opinions - and they''ll believe that theyre right, youre wrong and no-one elses opinion matters

Its annoying but then the diversity shows how many follow the boys in yellow