Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Korey Smith

"Yeah that''s right, hype him up and watch him get snapped up by a boring Premier league team!!!"

Yeah, I''m a Banana - and it''ll be all your fault! It''s all about your hype, it''s not like even his performances will matter if you keep banging on about him!

he is the most impressive of the young players but experience is key.Its why i was impressed with shelvey, yes he is arrogant, cocky and looks like sitsonhisarseski. but he s grounded, choosing to stay at charlton despite prem clubs interested.if korey can develop in this s*ithole of a league. He will no doubt improve enough to become prem class. that said he needs to beef up and he lacks stamina. 

If us raving on about players is enough for them to get bought from us, i have a fool proof plan...That Jamie Cureton lad is a class above [;)]

[quote user="Curious Canary"]If us raving on about players is enough for them to get bought from us, i have a fool proof plan...That Jamie Cureton lad is a class above [;)][/quote]i agree. and why isnt theocantcatchalotus playing. he is quality (the only aussie in england who cant catch a ball at the moment!)

WHOOAAAAAAAAA, hold your horses.  He''s done ok, but if we are pinning our hopes on him, we are in trouble.  "Brilliant" is not a word to describe him just yet, and the Premier League - are you serious? How on earth can you tell? Adeyemi, Daley, Spillane, Smith, Stephens - they may come good, but we are a massively under-performing club currently 14th in the Third Division, who got thumped by a Premier League Reserve side. 

I know you should bring the youngsters through, but too much, too soon for me. I''d like to see him work with Gill, TJ, Russel, Hoolahan first.

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]

WHOOAAAAAAAAA, hold your horses.  He''s done ok, but if we are pinning our hopes on him, we are in trouble.  "Brilliant" is not a word to describe him just yet, and the Premier League - are you serious? How on earth can you tell? Adeyemi, Daley, Spillane, Smith, Stephens - they may come good, but we are a massively under-performing club currently 14th in the Third Division, who got thumped by a Premier League Reserve side. 

I know you should bring the youngsters through, but too much, too soon for me. I''d like to see him work with Gill, TJ, Russel, Hoolahan first.

[/quote]ive always believed if good enough, old enough. and at this level, developing experience and seeming to fit in at this level isnt a bad thing. especially keeping OTJ out etc. it develops competition and can bring assets.

Definitely early days yet, but Korey has taken his chance brilliantly. Shelvey was another inexperienced youngster last year! Much will depend on how Martin, Spillane, Smith and Wiggins develop this year.

he looks to be a good player but lets not get carried away here...if people are comparing him to shelvey them i''m sorry he is no-where near his league atmshelvey is a quality player and is destined for the top, smith on the shows so far looks like he could be an excellent player but those thinking he''s premiership class is absolute nonsense atm..lets not get carried away, were in league one, he''s doing a good job especially for his age and thats where were at at the moment

He''s obviously got some ability, but he''s very young, and most young players don''t have the consistency required to be a top player. I wouldn''t expect him to start every game this season, although i''d be delighted to be proven wrong.Most of our players can perform well once in a blue moon, but we just don''t seem to have the consistent levels of performance required to mount a serious promotion push. Yes we were decent against Charlton (although we still gave them two easy goals), but Walsall was probably the worst game of football I''ve ever seen.Hopefully this is down to the fitness levels alluded to by Lambert, but until we put in good performances for half a dozen games on the trot I won''t be raving about any of our squad!

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Yeah that''s right, hype him up and watch him get snapped up by a boring Premier league team!!!"

Yeah, I''m a Banana - and it''ll be all your fault! It''s all about your hype, it''s not like even his performances will matter if you keep banging on about him![/quote]

It''s true I''m a Banana is Arsene Wengers cheif scout!

Lets not get carried away just yet, remember when premiership clubs were supposedly sniffing around Chris Martin upon his rather successful introduction to the first team? Young footballers often fail to live up to early promise. 

Think Martin''s belatedly coming good now though... Could have done with him settling at the start of last season though eh?