Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Loan Striker to Partner Holt?

I think we should look into getting someone in on loan to partner Holt. People say that loans are bad, because they wont care for the club, but if they come from a Prem or Championship club they will want to get games in, and also will want to prove something.

When we went up in 03/04 we got Svensson, Huckerby and crouch to name a few in, and all played well and helped us to go up.

Chris Martin did this for us, went off and did well somewhere else.
Ched Evans did exactly what im talking about for us a few years back, we need someone just like him, coming here on loan from a Prem/Championship club.

I cant think of anyone, but im sure there would be plenty who would come!

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Gael Kakuta on loan from Chelsea, he certainly has a point to prove[/quote]

Isn''t he banned from playing for a few months?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Gael Kakuta on loan from Chelsea, he certainly has a point to prove[/quote]

Isn''t he banned from playing for a few months?

[/quote]

yeah think so lol, but seriously, he wouldnt come here!

We need someone someone from a premiership club.

Luke Freeman - He''s 17 Years old, He was released by Charlton and joined Gillingham at the age of 11, Made his first team debut for Gillingham in FA Cup at 15 years and 233 days. His only game for Gillingham as Arsenal  swoop him up before the gills could offer him a contract.

Fabio Borini - He''s 18 Years old, He started his career at some Italian club and at the age of 16 Chelsea came in for him, Borini is known for his devastating pace, skill on the ball, composure, and his accurate finishing according to wiki.

Also there is Omar Koroma.

[quote user="Brendan"]Just a thought, has Hoolahan ever played up front, cause hes quick and can finish v well.[/quote]

As we saw yesterday, he can finish, but he only does it inside the area! The amount of times he could have pulled the trigger in the second half just outside the area and didnt was stupid! I rate him, but he needs to have one or two shots from outside the box.

[quote user="Brendan"]

I think we should look into getting someone in on loan to partner Holt. People say that loans are bad, because they wont care for the club, but if they come from a Prem or Championship club they will want to get games in, and also will want to prove something.

When we went up in 03/04 we got Svensson, Huckerby and crouch to name a few in, and all played well and helped us to go up.

Chris Martin did this for us, went off and did well somewhere else. Ched Evans did exactly what im talking about for us a few years back, we need someone just like him, coming here on loan from a Prem/Championship club.

[/quote]

Just start playing macdonald, im liking the 4-3-3. was a fan before,but it gives us the ability to split teams!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Brendan"]

Chris Martin did this for us, went off and did well somewhere else.
Ched Evans did exactly what im talking about for us a few years back, we need someone just like him, coming here on loan from a Prem/Championship club.

[/quote]

Just start playing macdonald, im liking the 4-3-3. was a fan before,but it gives us the ability to split teams!
[/quote]

Im sorry, but i dont think He should start, yes he is quick and can head well. But his finishing hasnt been there since hes arrived.

I think we have to be looking at a Championship striker rather than a Premiership one - someone like David Mooney?      

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]What about our old friend David Healy from Sunderland?[/quote]

Never a Prem player really, very good striker at Championship level, Would be a f*cking amazing striker at this level 25+ goals if we had on loan for the rest of the season.

We can dream.................

We don''t need loan players.

The team showed yesterday that with a second string midfield we could mix it quite capably with one of, if not the best team in the league. What we need is a settled side. As Charlton have shown, being able to name the same eleven week in week out has a good effect on results. Keep playing like we did and we''ll be fine.

[quote user="Lineo"]Our squad is huge and we have many capable strikers.
[/quote]

Granted, but I as long as many others dont think they are good enough, or at least moan enough!

*Daley - poor
*Cureton - poor, but i think deserves another shout.

*Cody - hasnt finished too well, but i think also deserves another go

*Maric - looked pathetic against Brentford

*Martin - has looked better on wing, but would like to see him up front again, showed he can finish and doesnt lack pace.

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Brendan"]Just a thought, has Hoolahan ever played up front, cause hes quick and can finish v well.[/quote] As we saw yesterday, he can finish, but he only does it inside the area! The amount of times he could have pulled the trigger in the second half just outside the area and didnt was stupid! I rate him, but he needs to have one or two shots from outside the box.[/quote]

Methinks someone missed our goal of the season last year.