Sign in to follow this  
plan b

Worse name in football....

Ahh, Brendan beat me to it. That''s what I get for not reading the whole thread... [:$]

If football ever reaches the heights of "the bowlers Holding, the batsmans Willy" in commentry I''ll be shocked.

[quote user="Brendan"]

as gonna say Danny Shittu, or Kenny Lunt (swap the K + L round) [;)]

[/quote]

I''m sure I''ve heard a story that the great Sir Royston Waller actually did get the K and the L the wrong way round during a commentary. Would have made for interesting listening!!

[quote user="7rew"]If football ever reaches the heights of "the bowlers Holding, the batsmans Willy" in commentry I''ll be shocked.
[/quote]

Not as funny as the cricket one but I do remember a commentator during a Brazil game saying "I can''t help but find it entertaining there''s a Brazilian team with a player called Kaka who is managed by Dunga." Made me laugh anyway.

Another funny name which isn''t usually funny but has been made funny by the fans is Dirk Kuyt. I remember seeing a few champions league games on TV and when Dirk Kuyt came on the pitch I heard the fans chanting "Rafa''s got his Dirk Kuyt, Rafa''s got his Dirk Kuyt la la la la." I told one of my mates about it and he didn''t believe me so he listened out for it the next game. It turned out that Kuyt actually started and when he was substituted off, the fans started chanting "Rafa''s pulled his Dirk off, Rafa''s pulled his Dirk off la la la la."