Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Under Sven, Greeno has no chance!

I am convinced Greeno is the best damn keeper in England. And I''ve removed my yellow and green tinted glasses to boot!. But with Ericcsson currently England''s ''Big Chief'', I believe he has no chance at all, why, lets me explain.

Calamity James has been preferred above all the other contenders by Sven, even after his huge catalogue of errors, in the league and at international level. With his ''shall I stay or shall I go'' policy on crosses. to his inability to catch the bloody ball. But Sven, even after the Austria farce, still believes him to be the No 1 choice.

I honestly don''t expect, with that kind of blind faith, Robert can expect to be given a fair chance, until the mad Swede is replaced!, and for all our sakes as quickly as possible!.

He does seem to be the only person in the country that rates calamity.

It could have been worse. Remember him charging out of the box like a dog out of the trap flaping in the air. Its just as well terry was covering on the line.

Robinson would be next in the pecking order. But Calamity has to go.

Wiz, some of the national press have said today that Sven''s job is on the line right now and that failure to beat Poland could see him being sacked, with a messy compensation wrangle to follow.  Surely you have a potion that could assist in the outcome you desire for I fear, too, that his list of his favourites has more stickability than a crate load of polycell, despite one of them having teflon -coated gloves!!!

To be honest if he was at man u or arsenal he would be the number 1, i have faith in his ability to open eriksons eyes over the corse of this season

otbc

be patient, he will get his chance ,he will be Englands no.1 but then he will be someone elses goalkeeper!

I think that James will be in for the poland game, then for some of the home internationals, Green may get a shout. I dont think it is a Sven against Green situation.

As "no legs" said, his time may come when he no longer wears the yellow and green, but it may be sooner than that if James keeps up the old disappearing ball act.

No goalkeeper is error free though. Derby away anyone????

I agree Wiz, Greeno won''t play under Sven.  To be absolutely honest I think Greeno won''t because he plays for us.  He plays for a club who have just got promoted and however well he plays I don''t think he''ll outplace James, Robinson etc because they have been in the prem for years and play for established Prem clubs.  When Greeno goes to a more established  club, then he''ll get his chance at International level

Nice one susie b. As for DDIM''s comment - so wise my friend - he''ll go to ManUre, play one game and suddenly be England''s number 1 goalie - not that I''m cynical or anything - but Alan Smith anyone.

[quote]Nice one susie b. As for DDIM''s comment - so wise my friend - he''ll go to ManUre, play one game and suddenly be England''s number 1 goalie - not that I''m cynical or anything - but Alan Smith anyone.[/quote]

it might be true, he doesnt want to call him up under a small club to cause an uproar in the england camp.......

Can see why alan got called up thou, he has had some outstanding games (but maybe this is because hes getting the service he wasnt at leeds??????

?Anyway, Wiz''s theory is correct

I agree AJ in the sense that I actually really rate Smith as a player - I think he should be in the England squad - my gripe is the manner in which he got called up - he''d only had about two matches or something at Manure with this ''better'' service and Sven must have known how well he''d play, even from his Leeds days, with the better service he should have expected from the England squad - who after all are suppose to be the finest (ha ha). Nope in my mind it''s just Sven blinkered to a few clubs - James gets picked ''cos once Sven found out Howard was American, he couldn''t be bothered to look further than Manchester.

I have to agree, I remember when russell holt was the in form keeper and he didn''t get a look in because he played west brom, there does seem to be a sort of biased against smalltime clubs