Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Hoolahan and Martin have to have a run of games.

Sorry to repeat other posts but Hoolahan and Martin should be given a decent run in the team. Semmi cotinues to disappoint and it is imperative that we get a genuine winger asap.

Would like to see Smith or McVeigh on the Right.

Hoolahoop or Lappin left, or Hoolahan supporting Holt in a free-role.

[quote user="Whatiswrongwithus"]

Cody Mcdonald is way better than MartinI never seem to think Martin does much when he gets on the pitch

[/quote]I agree. But Martin does seem to have impact when coming from the left, and could be a weapon. But yes... how to accomodate all.

I''d go with Hoolahan behind Holt, and Martin on the left, could Cody go on the right? I''d wanna see Smith, Adeyemi and Hughes all playing so a bit of a headache at the moment for me, with Russell maybe worth a place in the team. Still annoyed that we persist with Otsemobor tho, he really is useless most of the time

I think Martin has done a good job when''s he''s had his chance this season. Not the finihed article granted, but his attitude seems to have matured immensely from two seasons ago.

Id like to see Hoolahan in a front 3 as i wasnt too impressed with him central behind Holt. Hoola has had more success when roaming from the left and i thought we were too static and rigid on saturday and didnt create enough or spread play.4-3-3 would have seen us play more of an open game and I believe we would have won the game. My team would be:                      ForsterOtsemobor    Spillane    Askou    Drury        Smith     Hughes    RussellMcDonald                           Hoolahan                         Holt                             

---------------Forster-----------------

semmy---micky------askou-----drury

--hughes---smith/russell------lappin--

-------hoolahan--------martin--------

-----------------holt-----------------

got to admit that it has balance, skill and goals. martin off the left and wes coming in off the right should create quite a few shooting opportunities. as i keep on saying, we''ve got no quality wingers at the moment and only holt can take advantage of crosses from open play, so let''s work it down the middle.

[quote user="GeeBee"]---------------Forster-----------------

got to admit that it has balance, skill and goals. martin off the left and wes coming in off the right should create quite a few shooting opportunities. as i keep on saying, we''ve got no quality wingers at the moment and only holt can take advantage of crosses from open play, so let''s work it down the middle.[/quote]I''d probably go with that too withSubs: Rudd, Spillane, Stephens, Smith/Russell, Adeyemi, McVeigh, McDonald

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="GeeBee"]---------------Forster-----------------

got to admit that it has balance, skill and goals. martin off the left and wes coming in off the right should create quite a few shooting opportunities. as i keep on saying, we''ve got no quality wingers at the moment and only holt can take advantage of crosses from open play, so let''s work it down the middle.[/quote]I''d probably go with that too withSubs: Rudd, Spillane, Stephens, Smith/Russell, Adeyemi, McVeigh, McDonald[/quote]Although I don''t think Nelson will be fit, so Spillane in there and Dumic/Wiggins on the bench?

[quote user="GJP"]

Hoolahan is worth his place.

Not so sure about Martin.

[/quote]

Not so sure about Martin? Quality goals against Brentford and MK Dons, set up Holts goal against Charlton. He is worth a few starts. Hoolahan needs to be played where behind Holt again.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Not so sure about Martin? Quality goals against Brentford and MK Dons, set up Holts goal against Charlton. He is worth a few starts. Hoolahan needs to be played where behind Holt again.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say the goal against MKD was "quality". He didn''t strike it particularly well and obviously in that game he foolishly gave away the penalty. He did try to cross the ball in for Holts goal at the weekend but the cross did take a huge deflection.

He''s doing ok but I don''t think he''s done enough yet to really justify being a first choice to start.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say the goal against MKD was "quality". He didn''t strike it particularly well and obviously in that game he foolishly gave away the penalty. He did try to cross the ball in for Holts goal at the weekend but the cross did take a huge deflection.

He''s doing ok but I don''t think he''s done enough yet to really justify being a first choice to start.

[/quote]

The goal against MK Dons, how often do we score from outside the box? Maybe he didn''t strike it well but the keeper didn''t save it and it was perfect in the corner.

If we had a full complement of centre backs, Nelson and Askou would be first choice which would see Spillane go to right back. Semmy''s defensive shortcomings are being found out too often in this league. He''s got the pace and the engine to get back, but he doesn''t have the defensive nous that say Drury on the other side or Spillane has.