Sign in to follow this  
Simon Lappin, King Of Spain

The FA investigate saturday's tunnel incident

Have just seen on the Pink Un website that the FA are going to be investigating the incident in the tunnel at half time during the Charlton game and yet have also confirmed in the past few days that they will not be taking any action against Manchester United over a supporter throwing a coin at Javier Garrido at half time in the Manchester Derby, nor will they be investigating whether Craig Bellamy''s apparent punch/slap of the fan who invaded the pitch during that game or Gary Neville running down the touchline to gesticulate at  the Man City fans after Owen''s goal. How can the FA claim to be even handed with all clubs regardless of their size in disciplinary matters when they are so weak as to ignore two incidents (punch/slap and coin throwing) that were clearly captured on tv cameras and yet launch and investigatin into the incident at Carrow Road. This is in my opinion symptomatic of the ridiculously inconsistent behaviour football''s disciplinary bodies have shown over the past few weeks, from the Eduardo diving incident, to Adebayor''s two misdemeanours (particualrly as the ref took action over the goal celebration by giving him a yellow card) and now the events of this weekend. Personally I have no problem with Gary Neville''s celebrations, but for the FA to make such a furore or rather to react so punitively over the media furore which followed Adebayor''s actions (which I personally thought were brilliant and I applaud him for them), yet ignore those of Gary Neville who wasn''t even playing, shows an astonishing lack of consistency and further highlights what a weak, fickle and ulitmately pathetic institution the FA has become.

My point is that whilst it is perfectly acceptable for the FA to investigate the Norwich vs Charlton incident which was mentioned in the referee''s report and occurred away from any TV cameras but to only give warnings (i.e. ignore) two incidents of violent conduct is utterly ridiculous. I''m not suggesting that we are being unfairly victimised but rather highlighting the apparent total lack of logic being applied by the FA when deciding which incidents should be investigated and punished and which should not.

Something which appears to have been completely overlooked about that Man Un game was Fergusons deliberate up yours gestures to the man City fans after Owen''s goal which were clearly caught on the tv. Not saying any of them should or should not be done but was just as provocative as anything neville did.

I agree with the bellamy point as well. As much as I love bellars it was on film and he was caught bang to rights having a go at that fan whilst the fan was restrained.