Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Loyal Supporters

Credit to us for selling out our home games this season in the League

Just tuned in to watch Leeds v Liverpool and the amount of plastic Leeds fans is so annoying. 38,000 sell out - where are these fans week in, week out? I hope Leeds rot in League One for ages. Their fans seem to think they belong in the premier league - I hope Liverpool give em a right stuffing tonight.

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Just tuned in to watch Leeds v Liverpool and the amount of plastic Leeds fans is so annoying. 38,000 sell out - where are these fans week in, week out? I hope Leeds rot in League One for ages. Their fans seem to think they belong in the premier league - I hope Liverpool give em a right stuffing tonight.

[/quote]

What? You mean like the 30,000+ NCFC fans that went to Cardiff, for the play-off final?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

What? You mean like the 30,000+ NCFC fans that went to Cardiff, for the play-off final?

[/quote]

with respect , that was different and you know it . every club takes 40,000 to wembley / cardiff but most dont have the loyal fans we do .

[quote user="yoda"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

with respect , that was different and you know it . every club takes 40,000 to wembley / cardiff but most dont have the loyal fans we do .[/quote]Sound like Yoda you do not.

Yeah to be fair, we do have great support. Im pretty sure its due to us being nowhere near anyone else too. Clubs in the Midlands, eg Blackburn, Bolton etc have terrible support in the Prem. Saying that, Plymouth arent near many clubs, and their support is poop too.

We do have great support, as do leeds, so lets make the most of it and make Carrow Road a fortress this season!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Brendan"]Clubs in the Midlands, eg Blackburn, Bolton etc[/quote]
Geography not your strong point, I assume?
[/quote]

Coastal erosion is getting pretty bad....(on the East coast, that is)....

"Glug...glub...blub...glug....glug...blub"........

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Brendan"]Clubs in the Midlands, eg Blackburn, Bolton etc[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL, maybe not but they are near ish [:P]

You know what i mean, all them teams up north have lots of teams near each other so surely they would have less fans coming to their games.

[/quote]

[/quote]But Carrow Road isn''t empty week in week out is it, so we''re not plastic fans.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Carrow Road isn''t empty week in week out is it, so we''re not plastic fans.
[/quote]

Yep, 12 years ago - so we were packed to the rafters?.....Week in and week out.....there was a lot of plastic....but not many fans sitting on it.

When we were in the Prem in the 90s....You didn''t have to pre-book your ticket to get into a game against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea etc....You could stroll from the pub 10 minutes before kick-off, through the turnstiles and into a seat more or less in which ever stand you fancied, no recession then?....So, what''s the big attraction now?

[quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

You know what i mean, all them teams up north have lots of teams near each other so surely they would have less fans coming to their games.

[/quote]

The Midlands aren''t up not North nor nearish to Blackburn or Bolton.

When it is, Brendan, that you will be released upon the employment market?

[/quote]

[/quote]

We fill our ground most home games, are you saying we wouldn''t do that if our capacity was 30,000?      30,000 into 25,000 capacity don''t go, if my maths is correct.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Carrow Road isn''t empty week in week out is it, so we''re not plastic fans.
[/quote]

Yep, 12 years ago - so we were packed to the rafters?.....Week in and week out.....there was a lot of plastic....but not many fans sitting on it.

When we were in the Prem in the 90s....You didn''t have to pre-book your ticket to get into a game against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea etc....You could stroll from the pub 10 minutes before kick-off, through the turnstiles and into a seat more or less in which ever stand you fancied, no recession then?....So, what''s the big attraction now?

[/quote]

Yep, in the 90''s I remember being able to ring up for a ticket on a Saturday morning if I finished work early,then driving up for the game. Unlikely to happen these days.

It''s because we had the magic of Andy Cullen and his marketing finesse to fill up Carrow Road with all those schemes that sometimes get moaned about on here eg kids for a quid. NCFC and getting support for the team became a marketing product (in business terms) yet it was achieved without undermining the importance of NCFC''s roots. We now have a huge fan-base, loyal and passionate about City; many travelling from outside the area with other (I won''t say bigger and better because I don''t agree that they are!) clubs being passed en route.

City has developed into a club that gets under your skin the first time you visit and then you''re hooked; no turning back whatever the consequences...

Righto - I''m fed up with all this "plastic fans who went to Cardiff" kak!I''m not a season ticket holder. Various reasons including geography, the fact that I often have to work 7 days a week etc''. So I''m one of the many fans who get to city matches whenever I can. There''s quite a few of us as it happens. No surprise that when you add these numbers to our super regulars and season ticket holders and we''re easily looking at filling big stadia for important finals / key matches etc''. Granted there''s a minority who will rock up for the glory occasion, but they''re in the minority. Here''s the salient point. If those of you who are super regular really want all us ''plastics'' to back off then Norwich would look pretty under-supported when we play in matches like the play offs. Plus - has it occurred to you that there''s a transition to be made from TV highlight gawper to season ticket holder. Usually this happens through family or close association, but there''s always the pick up from cup runs and big events.I''ll be at Gillingham on Saturday come rain or shine and I''ll get to about a dozen games this season I guess. I''m sorry if this lack of loyalty gets your goat, but try telling me I shouldn''t line up for a Wembly seat should there be one on offer at the end of the season and I''ll walk over you to get it.

Just a quick question then to all...

If we were to expand the Geoffrey Watling stand to have another tier, and the two adjacent corner as well, do you think we could fill it?

[quote user="Romantic"]Righto - I''m fed up with all this "plastic fans who went to Cardiff" kak!

I''m not a season ticket holder. Various reasons including geography, the fact that I often have to work 7 days a week etc''. So I''m one of the many fans who get to city matches whenever I can. There''s quite a few of us as it happens. No surprise that when you add these numbers to our super regulars and season ticket holders and we''re easily looking at filling big stadia for important finals / key matches etc''. Granted there''s a minority who will rock up for the glory occasion, but they''re in the minority. Here''s the salient point. If those of you who are super regular really want all us ''plastics'' to back off then Norwich would look pretty under-supported when we play in matches like the play offs. Plus - has it occurred to you that there''s a transition to be made from TV highlight gawper to season ticket holder. Usually this happens through family or close association, but there''s always the pick up from cup runs and big events.

I''ll be at Gillingham on Saturday come rain or shine and I''ll get to about a dozen games this season I guess. I''m sorry if this lack of loyalty gets your goat, but try telling me I shouldn''t line up for a Wembly seat should there be one on offer at the end of the season and I''ll walk over you to get it.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more Romantic, I have only held a season ticket for 9 years due to my job at the time, like driving a 38tonn artic in and around Europe made it a little difficult to get from Italy or Germany on a saturday afternoon, no canary bus there, proir to that being in the forces, but that didn''t mean I wasn''t loyal either. but as many people on here will know I''m not a Norfolk born fan, and all my family are still in and around B-ham and go to watch matches in an empty St Andrews, I had to give up work early due to heart problems and have forfilled my ambition of being a S/T holder in lower e barclay, I will go to the odd away match now and then, I put my son in law in the plastic fan bracket, he lives in Gt Yarmouth all his life, and supports Liverpool since he was 4, but never ever been to see them play, and its rubbing off on my grandsons now              

If we can get 24k when we`re struggling in League 1 just after a traumatic relegation, i think it makes sense that we could get significantly more than that if we were fighting for automatic promotion and yet more if we were high in the Champs or Prem.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If we can get 24k when we`re struggling in League 1 just after a traumatic relegation, i think it makes sense that we could get significantly more than that if we were fighting for automatic promotion and yet more if we were high in the Champs or Prem.[/quote]I''d agree with you Mr C, if the price of the season tickets stays the same.  Get a new maj. shareholder in, and the chances are the season ticket prices would go up.  No doubt there''s an acceptable level that would allow the maximum possible attendance / money for the club.  Not many clubs seem to find that balance though.  Not many outside the Prem anyway.

[quote user="B-ru"]

Just a quick question then to all...

If we were to expand the Geoffrey Watling stand to have another tier, and the two adjacent corner as well, do you think we could fill it?

[/quote]

This league, no way - Premiership, easily. I think top Premiership clubs playing City at Carrow Road could attract crowds somewhere between 35,000 and 40,000 people.

[quote user="Brendan"]

Clubs in the Midlands, eg Blackburn, Bolton etc

[/quote]

Did the earth just move for me or was I suddenly transported 100 miles south?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahhh remember those days well, buying your ticket at the turnstyles, standing and could choose where you wanted to sit.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our ''new breed'' supporter base revels in failure. The quality of football (03/04 aside) over the past decade & more has been shocking. We now have the poorest quality squad employed by the club in over 50 years & the coffers are bare. The ''fans'' love it!

[quote user="kentish lass"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, in the 90''s I remember being able to ring up for a ticket on a Saturday morning if I finished work early,then driving up for the game. Unlikely to happen these days.

It''s because we had the magic of Andy Cullen and his marketing finesse to fill up Carrow Road with all those schemes that sometimes get moaned about on here eg kids for a quid. NCFC and getting support for the team became a marketing product (in business terms) yet it was achieved without undermining the importance of NCFC''s roots. We now have a huge fan-base, loyal and passionate about City; many travelling from outside the area with other (I won''t say bigger and better because I don''t agree that they are!) clubs being passed en route.

City has developed into a club that gets under your skin the first time you visit and then you''re hooked; no turning back whatever the consequences...

[/quote]

Its a pity the decision maker at the club didn''t build a team to match

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Midlands aren''t up not North nor nearish to Blackburn or Bolton.

When it is, Brendan, that you will be released upon the employment market?

[/quote]
im 15 so i dunno yet ...

I dont know much about where places are like that, im from here and lived here all my life, havent been up north much, or the midlands, didnt take geography, didnt learn about it in school, so yeah, Im not sure, but as i said before, you know what point i was trying to make...

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]We are the 15th most popular club in the country and our gates reflect that[/quote]

Question is - why would our club become so popular to attend, whilst the product on offer is sub-standard and in continual decline?