Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Reserve squad for tonight

Not a resounding success. Looked good against Southend''s reserves the other week and took his goal exceptionally well. Technically he looks half-decent but I think he''s probably struggled to get used to the pace and style of our game (as well as the language barrier and all that). Like Doherty I think they will both be off sooner rather than later. Otherwise why pay their wages for not even playing in the reserves?

Here''s the City side for tonight for anyone who''s interested and is too lazy to check the official site: Theoklitos, Francomb, Wiggins, Dumic, Kelly, Lathrope, McVeigh, Adeyemi, McDonald, Cureton, Martin. Subs: Rudd, Brindley, Habergham, Dawkin, Oakley. 

I think it''s sad that it hasn''t worked out for Goran so far, although admittedly not a great yardstick, he appeared the business during the pre-season tour, and ti seemed a bit of a tussle to get him signed too. I so wanted him to do well, but it looks like he will be consigned to the Strihavka et al pile.Slightly off topic, does anybody remember those two Argentinian trialists we had at one time? Must have been going back about ten years ago now?

Looks like we are setting out a very attacking side. Good to see both Theo and Wiggins starting, I am really hoping Wiggins is going to come through when he gets his fitness up as I suspect Drury is going to get injured soon.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Or maybe Maric is injured or considered for Saturday........[/quote]

The other thing I noticed was the exculsion of Hoolahan, who has clearly done enough at the weekend to warrant a place in the squad for Saturday. [:)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Or maybe Maric is injured or considered for Saturday........[/quote]

The other thing I noticed was the exculsion of Hoolahan, who has clearly done enough at the weekend to warrant a place in the squad for Saturday. [:)]

[/quote]Yay [:D]

Very unlikely I''d say. Even if he is in consideration for Saturday, surely they would choose to try and boost his fitness?

Have I got this right?----------------Theoklitos---------------------Francomb--Dumic--Kelly--Wiggins--------McVeigh--Adeyemi--Lathrope--Martin----------------Cureton--Martin---------------

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Have I got this right?----------------Theoklitos---------------------Francomb--Dumic--Kelly--Wiggins--------McVeigh--Adeyemi--Lathrope--Martin----------------Cureton--Martin---------------[/quote]you''ve got Martin playing up front and on the wing.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Have I got this right?

----------------Theoklitos-------------------
--Francomb--Dumic--Kelly--Wiggins------
--McVeigh--Adeyemi--Lathrope--Martin--
--------------Cureton--Martin---------------
[/quote]

You Put Martin Twice, You Forgot Cody! [:P]

Ryan Oakley is a mate of mine and its great to see him get in the squad! I think he has been playing all over the place for the U18s but i think his best position is on the wing!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Ryan Oakley is a mate of mine and its great to see him get in the squad! I think he has been playing all over the place for the U18s but i think his best position is on the wing!

[/quote]I used to know a ryan oakly :SIs he 16 and have a younger brother?

Oakley and Brindley are the only (well, i say ''only''...) first year scholars aren''t they?