Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

reserves score updates?

[quote user="Helen"]No it doesn''t make you sad because I want to know aswell. They don''t even bother giving updates on canariesworld.[/quote]

When we played last week there were live updates on Pinkun but none tonight. We''ll probably lose anyhow

[quote user="Culverhouse is a psycho"]grow up[/quote]

How can you tell someone with a valid point to grow up when you''ve started a petty argument? Some of the people on here exist just to wind people up and have no valid contribution, much like yourself. If you haven''t got anything worthwhile to say, sod off.

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"]Norwich are 1-0 down was the last i heard. Also missed a penalty.[/quote]

What a surprise lol. where you hear that?

Wanting To Know The Reserve Score Does Not Make Any One Sad. It Shows That They Actually Give A Damn About Their Team You Idiot! And Come On Reserves You Can Win! :)

[quote user="Whatever The Weather"]Norwich are 1-0 down was the last i heard. Also missed a penalty.[/quote]

Cureton may have took the penalty. [;)]

Oh well... Michael Bailey has thison Twitter: "City res lose 1-0 to Watford. Lathrope''s pen is saved, before Theo concedes a terrible spot kick that''s tucked away. No one shone ".

Is Mr Lakey going to provide anything more Pete?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We lost 1-0. Lathrope missed our penalty, they scored theirs - which was given away by Theo...[/quote]

How did Cureton, Wiggins, Theo, Mcdonald get on?

If people are sad for wanting to know the reserves score then God knows what that makes me as I actually went and watched that shower.Hilarious penalty given away, Theo got given a backpass, miscontrolled it, lost it to the Watford striker and after trying in vain to get the ball off him, hauled him down and had the cheek to complain to the ref!Wiggins started well and got forward effectively but faded, Cureton was as anonymous as ever and McDonald was barely any better. On the plus side I was impressed with Danny Kelly in defence, and Josh Dawkin who came on late in the game looked good on the wing, put in a couple of decent corners.Other than that it was a dire game. I wish there was a rule where somehow both teams could lose the match as that would have been fair tonight.

Lakey says...

Theo received a backpass, tried to take it round the Watford striker, got in a muddle and brought the striker down for the penalty. This was after Lathrope had a poor penalty saved.

Cureton and McDonald upfront - neither could finish a cup of tea.

You can sort of understand Theo panicking given the pressure he must have felt under. Can''t see him ever making it back now. Poor sod. [:(]

Worth reading the report on the Official Site. Theoklitos did concede the penalty, but made some good saves as well with a young and inexperienced defence in fron of him. I''m not giving up on him yet. More concerned about the lack of attacking play.

I was also in attendance... never been to a reserve game before and in no hurry to go next time; too many screaming toddlers and gangs of teenagers randomly shouting "shoot".Theoklitosser is a liability and an embarassment. He had to gather a spilled one at the second attempt early on and the penalty conceded was comically bad - it was like he was trying to play as an outfielder. That incident alone was enough to confirm for me he shouldn''t and will not get anywhere near our first team again. Kicking was inconsistent but no worse than Forster''s on Saturday to be fair, and the one decent save he made from a free-kick was at a nice height for him.Cureton has simply had it, I can''t see how anyone can argue otherwise. He''s at the stage where when the ball comes to him, he just flicks it up in hope and inevitably loses it in the air. The one presentable chance he had in the second half was a bobbling, tame, pathetic effort which went wide.I am slightly concerned about Cody, for me he seems to be going backwards. Unlike Cureton, his pace allowed him to get in behind the defence a number of times... but he never seriously threatened them save for the rather soft (he went down easily, in my opinion) penalty he won.Adeyemi did not stand out as a first team standard player and Lathrope I can''t see ever making it. He shows nice touches now and then but gave the ball away a number of times and the penalty was poor. On a more positive note, I was pleasantly surprised by Josh Dawkin when he came on. Won everything that was lumped towards him in the air and always took on his man down the outside, usually getting a cross in or winning a corner.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We lost 1-0. Lathrope missed our penalty, they scored theirs - which was given away by Theo...[/quote]

Its quite laughable how bad he is, or at least every time ive seen him or heard about his peformance.

What was he like pre season?

Reading the report on the OS... it almost makes their penalty sound contentious with phrases like "adjudged to have fouled" and "deciding there had been a foul". Trust me, it wasn''t. It was far worse than any individual error the Aussie made against Colchester; Graham described it pretty accurately.

Graham, you can count me in on that sentiment!

As PTBC says, it was dull. For me the highlight was the introduction of Josh Dawkin, the only one on the pitch with invention, passion and the basic requirements for a pro footballer (including fitness and awareness of where he''s supposed to be on the pitch). He does look promising. I agree with the comment re Cody, if he''s fit it does indeed look worrying. McVeigh was also shocking and should not get into the first team on that showing.

Crowd, same as usual for a reserve game. Yes there are annoying teens, but come on, they will grow up at some point. Seems to be more noticeable since the Barclay has been shut during reserve games. Anyway, at least we get a chance to sit in the padded seats. More action from the old green jackets in the stands than the players on the pitch.

Very disappointing as the previous game was very good. Watford were physical but again had nothing much about them apart from being able to convert a penalty.

Crowd of just over 1,000 too.