Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Nelson could be out "for up to five weeks"

Obviously its not good news. But i dont think Nelson is as good as people make out, I think Spillane and even Doc are better.

[quote user="Brendan"]But i dont think Nelson is as good as people make out[/quote]

Who is making him out to be good? (Having said that - the Askou-Nelson partnership is yet to concede a goal in open play...)

We haven''t exectly played any class teams in those 3 games.

Nelson seems to get turned to easily and against a top team like Leeds, we would get punished with players like Beckford.

Have to say that i don''t rate the player, but i rate the Askou-Nelson partnership as the best ones we have in the centre of defence.I hold Spillane in high regard as a player, but i''m yet to be convinced by his performances in defence, and the effectiveness of his partnership with Askou. I believe his tackling, positioning and concentration has been left wanting. We struggle to accomodate those faults (especially with Otsemobor also being in the line-up), and will most probably suffer for it.I think losing Nelson could prove to be of some damage to us unless we bring in a capable loan player to cover his absence (and i don''t think i''m alone in saying that i don''t want us to get back into that habit again).

[quote user="Brendan"]Got the feeling from here, that many people rate him? [^o)][/quote]I think people rate the statistics the team has when he''s playing alongside Askou... Can''t say i''ve witnessed anyone really rate him as a player though.... Brendan, you do have the tendency to make some ''odd'' assumptions don''t you? haha[;)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Brendan"]Got the feeling from here, that many people rate him? [^o)][/quote]

I think people rate the statistics the team has when he''s playing alongside Askou... Can''t say i''ve witnessed anyone really rate him as a player though.

... Brendan, you do have the tendency to make some ''odd'' assumptions don''t you? haha

[;)]
[/quote]

haha yeah a little [:P]

But i swear many people have praised him on here.

How come you haven''t changed your Avatar to the cookie monster yet Brandan?

To stay on topic... Nelson is better than I first thought in the Col U game, but I hope Lambert can get a erplacement for the lad and someone perhaps for right back.

Well there you go, B''ru just praised him a bit, and sorry but i really dont have the time, nor can i be bothered to search through old posts to find if people have said hes good. Anyway, why would i lie about people saying Nelson is good? Seems utter tosh if you ask me.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well there you go, B''ru just praised him a bit, and sorry but i really dont have the time, nor can i be bothered to search through old posts to find if people have said hes good. Anyway, why would i lie about people saying Nelson is good? Seems utter tosh if you ask me.[/quote]

Sorry, tosh sounds odd and doesnt make sense. I change that to "Seems utterly pointless if you ask me" [;)]

Sorry, that is one hell of a cop-out. I''m not saying you are lying but you should probably try and back up what you are saying when you make a statement like that. Having said that I''ve seen far worse from other members...

[quote user="canarytom"]But you have had the time to write over 1000 posts in under 2 months![/quote]

Goon enit (Green Army advert styleee) [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Sorry, that is one hell of a cop-out. I''m not saying you are lying but you should probably try and back up what you are saying when you make a statement like that. Having said that I''ve seen far worse from other members...[/quote]I''m guessing that last bit is you having a dig at me, and i''d say my assumption (in the thread you got into a bit of a ''mood'' about) was justified to atleast a degree Graham.The reports certainly didn''t rate Doherty''s performace, and the updates and the scoreline indicated he was coming up short, like he had in the previous 2 or 3 performances before that.As i said before, Doherty has had some very poor performances by his standards this season. The defensive records with him in it are (put politely) dire overall, and if he claims things have gone stale anyway, it''s beginning to get a little tiresome that people continue to stand up for him anyway (even if these assumptions may seem a little ''unfair'' at times).

I am not saying that he is good, just better than he was against Col U... which isn''t hard really!!

Sorry John, that actually was not aimed at you at all, that thought didn''t even occur to me! It was just a general thing about this forum. And this isn''t a Doc thread and I am fed up with them but I agree about his performances this season, and he may well have gone stale and will move on but there''s no point in re-writing history; I will argue against anything that isn''t actually true and anything that gets twisted to suit the views of certain members of this forum (naming no names of course).

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Sorry John, that actually was not aimed at you at all, that thought didn''t even occur to me! It was just a general thing about this forum. And this isn''t a Doc thread and I am fed up with them but I agree about his performances this season, and he may well have gone stale and will move on but there''s no point in re-writing history; I will argue against anything that isn''t actually true and anything that gets twisted to suit the views of certain members of this forum (naming no names of course).[/quote]Haha, sorry Graham, just blame it on my paranoia. [:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

No worries John.

Anyway you''re not paranoid, they''re just all out to get you [;)]

[/quote]Phew! I thought i may of had serious issues there.....

[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I will argue against anything that isn''t actually true and anything that gets twisted to suit the views of certain members of this forum (naming no names of course).[/quote]

That''s me redundant then!

I''d just like to I''ve enjoyed the last 3 years[Y] It''s been a gas[<:o)] But it''s great to see the youngsters coming through[;)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

No worries John.

Anyway you''re not paranoid, they''re just all out to get you [;)]

[/quote]Phew! I thought i may of had some serious issues there.....

[;)][/quote]... Sorry, was distracted by all the voices (Jesus, just got out the bath, and they don''t even have the courtesy to let me get cloathed first)...[:|][;)]

More importantly, does anyone know anything about Hughes'' injury? It all seems very quiet on that front. It certainly looked pretty bad when he went off.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Sep%202009%2009%3A35%3A43%3A023[/quote]

It''s so kind of you to point out headlines from this website about  one of our player''s injuries.

[/quote]Got anything interesting to say CA [:^)]Of course you haven''t [:|]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Sep%202009%2009%3A35%3A43%3A023[/quote]

It''s so kind of you to point out headlines from this website about  one of our player''s injuries.

[/quote]Got anything interesting to say CA [:^)]Of course you haven''t [:|][/quote]Woh! Calm down ladies!