Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Terry Bly :(

If the word legend is over used these days it certianly isn''t over used where Terry Bly is concerned. A true legend and a Great player in his day.

RIP Terry.

Davo

[quote user="Sack the board"]An absolute gentleman. I met him at the 59ers dinners and he had time for everyone. RIP Terry.[/quote]

will always be in my hall of fame

R I P Terry  missed by all 

Can anyone throw any light on why the great man was released  after the 59/60 promotion season and never got so much as a kick for City in the 2nd Division?Macaulay presumably thought he couldn''t step up - 52 goals in his first season for Peterborough, albeit in the old 4th Division, made that one look a bit silly...

Blimey this was shocking news when I logged onto the site this morning, although I didn''t get to see him play it''s still very sad news.  RIP Terry, condolences to his family and friends.

such sad news! glad to see that the club will pay respects to the legend on tuesday, lets make sure it is impeccably observed!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]such sad news! glad to see that the club will pay respects to the legend on tuesday, lets make sure it is impeccably observed!!![/quote]

Totally agree.  Although I am sure our fans will adhere to it, let''s hope the oppo fans do too.

Someone somewhere must have a collection still of those little green and yellow plastic star badges with a photo of a cup run footballer in the centre. Bly''s was one of the most sought after. Amid all the talk of "legends" on this board recently, TB truly was, and will remain, one.