Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Souness quits Blackburn for Newcastle!

It was posted on another site last week and you could have got 40/1 on it happening. Couple of people I know did a tenner each on it, I couldn''t find it on my betting site anywhere so didn''t bother. Really cheesed off now!

As you said DD, hopefully this will make Blackburn unsettled for a while. Ironic that their next match is against Newcastle too!

Wow - likewise, I didn''t see this one at all!  Souness is a very strong character so I can''t think that he and Mr. Shepherd will make cosy bedfellows either (metaphorically speaking, of course!)  The effect on both clubs will be interesting, especially in the next few weeks.

Just to add that some of the candidates for the vacancy at Blackburn being discussed on their fansites currently include Gordon Strachan, Bobby Robson, Gerard Houllier, George Burley, Potato Head, and Barry Fry!!!  Hope that a couple there gave a few of you a lunchtime chuckle!!

[quote]As you said DD, hopefully this will make Blackburn unsettled for a while. Ironic that their next match is against Newcastle too![/quote]

they alread are arnt they?

My money would be on Mike Newell to get the job.  Doing very well at Luton, plus him being an ex Blackburn player of course.  Whether he can make the step up or not would be another matter.  Could do a Paul Sturrock

my guess is, souness has been brought in to bring some of the players back into line..dyer,bellamy and that defender they got fron down the road...cant even remember his name now lol.Cud be an interesting few months at St James Park.

And while on the subject of Dyer, would any of us get away with refusing to do the job we were asked to?? I think the sack would have been forthcoming for us normal people...and he ONLy earns £50k per week.

I''m presuming blackburn would struggle anyway, souness is hardly a genius manager, shame for the mags though they should have showed a bit more ambition and gone for scolari as for sorting newcastle''s defence, look at blackburn''s, three of the worst defenders in the league in matteo, amoruso and michael gray.