Sign in to follow this  
peter.harvey2@hotmail.com

2 on loan to lincoln?? cureton & who

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Lincoln are looking for experienced players - we''ve enough "promising youngsters" to sink a battleship in the Sincil Canal.[/quote]

It''s Sincil Drain.....actually.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Lincoln are looking for experienced players - we''ve enough "promising youngsters" to sink a battleship in the Sincil Canal.[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s the oldest CANAL in Britain, built by the Romans to harness the foaming waters of the River Witham at Roaring Meg.

[:|]

I would be gutted if McVeigh was sent out on loan, Daley is just useless.

Also McVeigh has a 1 year contract so would be pointless.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

It''s the oldest CANAL in Britain, built by the Romans to harness the foaming waters of the River Witham at Roaring Meg.

[/quote]

I''ve always known it as Sincil Drain....and my Lincoln colleagues also call it Sincil Drain.....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

We always seem to accumulate too many players that we just want to get rid of,  for one reason or another.

High individual earners are singled out for blame in contributing towards our financial plight, but waste

on poor players in recent years is more to blame. How long would the list of these failures be?

I begin with Grants brainstorms:    Strivhavka, Brellier, Murray and so on and so on.

Given time, I would like to compile the complete list and then estimate the cost to NCFC.

All clubs have a certain amount of waste in this way, but we have become experts at it.

It is, I suppose just one more result of frequent managerial changes and the consequent failure to stick to a cohesive plan. 

[/quote]

you can add money wasted on staff to that list!!!!!!

I hope it is not WLY but he seems to fit the credentials being laid out by the Lincoln boss. The criteria being plays up front or midfield is over 24 and played in the reserves this week. The 2 players that fit this criteria at city are Cureton and McVeigh.

[quote user="Longy"]I hope it is not WLY but he seems to fit the credentials being laid out by the Lincoln boss. The criteria being plays up front or midfield is over 24 and played in the reserves this week. The 2 players that fit this criteria at city are Cureton and McVeigh.

[/quote]

I can tell you that it is highly unlikely that Lincoln could get anywhere near Cureton''s wages - we could probably afford McVeigh but Cureton would have to take a massive cut if he wanted to come to Imps.  Lincoln have never paid a player more than £52k - and that was only for a short time.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="king canary"]McVeigh does seem an odd choice to go out on loan but I think it could be that he doesnt fit in lamberts new system. This 4-3-3 requires players with a bit of pace down the flanks which McVeigh does not have, but he also lacks the ability to play as one of the central 3 players, with Lappin and Hughes ahead of him in the sort of playmaker role.[/quote]

No all wrong, Its Cureton and and and Wayley, excuse spelling  

[/quote]Would seem you''re the wrong one as Whaley went out on loan a couple of weeks ago.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="king canary"]McVeigh does seem an odd choice to go out on loan but I think it could be that he doesnt fit in lamberts new system. This 4-3-3 requires players with a bit of pace down the flanks which McVeigh does not have, but he also lacks the ability to play as one of the central 3 players, with Lappin and Hughes ahead of him in the sort of playmaker role.
[/quote]

No all wrong, Its Cureton and and and Wayley, excuse spelling  

[/quote]
Would seem you''re the wrong one as Whaley went out on loan a couple of weeks ago.
[/quote]

Made himself look a bit of a cock there.

[quote user="Romantic"]Doc didn''t play did he? I''m going to say Adeyemi and Theo or Curo...
[/quote]

Naaaah! He''s never going to let young Tom go, plus he has no football league experience.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve always known it as Sincil Drain....and my Lincoln colleagues also call it Sincil Drain.....

[/quote]

You''re both right, it is known locally as Sincil Drain but it is a man made canal that runs from the River Witham in the St Catherine''s area of the city, past the football ground before heading East and running parallel with the Witham about 7 miles to Bardney lock where it rejoins the river. For such a manky looking stretch of water, complete with shopping trolleys and the like, it always used to amaze me that it seemed to be teeming with fish, including quite large pike and chub.

Quite why i''m posting this, i don''t know! Not sure why WLY would be going to Lincoln, maybe he likes pike fishing in dodgy canals/drains!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The real question is who puts battleships in ancient canals? How deep did they dig that thing?

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The real question is who puts battleships in ancient canals? How deep did they dig that thing?

[/quote]

You need to catch up dear.  These days Britain has VERY SMALL battleships.  At High Water nothing would get under the Glory Hole anyway, not even a bloke in a canoe.

Some might say we''ve gone downhill ever since the Romans left.............

Inventive lot who invaded a fairly thick Scepter''d Isle.[:P]

Whoever Camuldonum is, if he is from Lincoln he should be ashamed of his lack of knowledge. It IS the Sincil Drain, because it ''drains'' the valley''s flood plain. The Witham is not connected in any way whatsoever with the Roaring Meg, which is a stream in uphill Lincoln running from behind the Ermine Estate to the village of Nettleham, north of the City.

On the footballing side, City are not potless, far from it and if the need is there, the money will be too.

Oh and I suspect his name should be

Camalodunum (Colchester) but his knowledge of spelling is just as bad.

Wacher in Towns of Roman Britain says the piping in of water to Lincoln from the Roaring Meg was part of the same project that saw the construction of the Sincil Drain and claims that, while it is a flood plain drain, it was used as a canal by them, quite possibly making it the oldest surviving route of a canal in this country.

It''s doubtful that it could be Camal because I think it''s generally agreed that it comes from the God Camulos but there are at least three alternative spellings of the full name according to the ancient history chaps at Essex University at Wivenhoe (or Wiivnhou or even Wyvernhoe or even Wifa''s Ridge).