Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

an evening with garth crooks anyone ?

In all honesty I''d sooner listen to a looped recording of foxes boffing than spend an evening with the single most pretentious and boring man in football history.Cheers though.

No please no, Crooks must be the worst example of an interviewer more interested in listening to his own voice than that of the person he is asking the question of. I have seen managers'' eyes glaze over when Garth Crooks is speaking.

If the venue was a garden shed you would struggle to fill it (even with a bicycle and lawn mowers etc in)

Some of those interviews he had with Eriksson when he was in charge of England were dreadful.

Always hated him since an evening game at White Hart Lane, when he took a blatant dive right in front of us, won the pen and got up, looked right at us and laughed, pretty sure it was a cup match and we ultimitely lost. Cheating little ponce.

[quote user="lord montyjones"]garth has some amazing anecdotes that he would love to share with us all. phil thompson is 50/50 so might go for barry venison instead if thats ok[/quote]This gets better and better!

[quote user="lord montyjones"]yes ! ive booked the seminar room at dunston hall best not make plans for the next day as garth has lots to say ![/quote]Garth always has lots to say... shame most of what he has to say is absolute nonsense... I swear the Beeb only get him on their programmes so the other pundits have someone to argue with/take the piss out of... he was on Breakfast the other week and you could tell as soon as Crooks started talking, by the look on Chris Hollins'' face, that he''d rather have got his Strictly dance partner on... would have spoken more sense!Opinionated and annoying... I''d rather attend An Evening with Smudger.....

friday november 20th. tickets strictly limited to two per rerson none avialable on the night. barry venison now confirmed as phil thompson otherwise engaged at a gentlemens evening in stoke. light snacks available and private bar but please dont buy garth any alcohol as he''s strictly a st clemence man. tottenham shirt as worn by garth against norwich to be raffled off and all monies to be donated to the blind orphans of norfolk,. reg charity

Gunny''s Ponytail - "I would rather attend a pool party at Michael Barrymores house

But thanks for askink"

LOL!

The guy is a rude and self important t*t who talks nothing but b****cks as soon as his bum hits the pundit''s sofa. He always interrupts the other pundits as well, which may be ok if he ever had some decent points to make but i always find myself vehemently disagreeing with him!

Glad i''m not the only one!

[quote user="lord montyjones"]friday november 20th. tickets strictly limited to two per rerson none avialable on the night. barry venison now confirmed as phil thompson otherwise engaged at a gentlemens evening in stoke. light snacks available and private bar but please dont buy garth any alcohol as he''s strictly a st clemence man. tottenham shirt as worn by garth against norwich to be raffled off and all monies to be donated to the blind orphans of norfolk,. reg charity[/quote]

Why are the tickets limited to two per person? Surely the more the merrier!

Couldn''t think of a worse way to spend an evening. What a truly stupid interviewer he is. "So Steve you''ve won the FA cup. Are you happy"

[quote user="Retarded Turtle"]Always hated him since an evening game at White Hart Lane, when he took a blatant dive right in front of us, won the pen and got up, looked right at us and laughed, pretty sure it was a cup match and we ultimitely lost. Cheating little ponce.
[/quote]

Didn''t he handle one in against us at CR whilst playing for Charlton in the late 80''s or early 90''s?

Turd