Sign in to follow this  
yellow 63

transfers in

does anyone out there know if we can sign out of contract players now just seen on the infamous teletext page 517 quote canaries capture free agent ace or do free agents fall under normal transfer window rules

Yes we can. Any player not registered with a club can still sign. Think they will be referring to Djorkaiff (don''t know how to spell it, but you know who I mean - I hope?). Apparently he is after 1 or 2 more years in Premiership and is talking to 3 clubs. Would not be surprised if we were one of them.

always been an admirer of djiorkiev [just thought i''d put 1 more variation of spelling],though what sort of wages he would command might put a block  on any sort of approach by us.

[quote]always been an admirer of djiorkiev [just thought i''d put 1 more variation of spelling],though what sort of wages he would command might put a block on any sort of approach by us.[/quote]

maybe, but still the quality is there. He would be a good signing. And at the moment its better than waiting till january surely???

[quote]maybe, but still the quality is there. He would be a good signing. And at the moment its better than waiting till january surely???[/quote]

I would be a bit uncomfortable with taking a 36 yr old on a 2 year Contract, with high wages, and a player that Bolton felt able to shed.

bolton felt comfortable shedding charlton, he''s done all right.  I think youri would give us so much needed guile, all for it, very positive mood

I''m not keen on bringing in somebody so old. He is really past it and perhaps can only have stayed in the Premiership for this long because he holds a World Cup winner''s medal. He was a good player, but now not good enough for the top league....perhaps he could keep Iwan company.