Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

gillingham memories

the trip in the promotion season was a good ''un.

firstly, the crouch goal, and the celebration that ensued

secondly, my trip to the chip shop beforehand...

"Hi, can i help you?"

"Yes please. Have you anything other than cod?"

"Yes, we have fish"

"Oh great, i''ll have fish and chips then!"

Iwan''s diving header for me (I think it was a diving header anyway) in the 2001/2002 (?) season.

Obviously I have a good memory..................

Yeah it''s Iwan''s Brace for sure. The grin on his face as he did the keeper - I thought he''d fluff it for laughing. Looking forward to today. Knowing me I''ll be there by 1pm for fear of missing out on a ticket!

I was at Gillingham in about 1980-81 with my Dad & one of my brothers, when we played them in a league cup fixture drawing 1-1 with Alan Taylor scoring the goal.We got there far too early to ensure getting in but it meant we could get a really good spot.I had my Norwich bar scarf draped over the barrier & Justin Fashanu came out to inspect the pitch & came over to us.He was my football idol at the time & I was thrilled to have a chat & get his autograph,a memory which I still cherish.We won the replay at Carrow Road 4-2.I shall be there today with one of my own sons amongst fellow Norwich fans & would rather see the 4-2 than a 1-1 but any result for us & we''ll be driving home happy.

sitting in the home end in front of the gilligham mafia (promotion season) and getting abuse and other thinfs hurled at me by 50 year olds.and in the season or 2 before getting drunk with clint easton''s father.

[quote user="Romantic"]Yeah it''s Iwan''s Brace for sure. The grin on his face as he did the keeper - I thought he''d fluff it for laughing. Looking forward to today. Knowing me I''ll be there by 1pm for fear of missing out on a ticket![/quote]

I was there, very enjoyable trip.  Absolute dive of a place though...