Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Another Michael Theoklitos howler....

Another howler costs Norwich dear against Watford

Last updated: 23/09/2009 22:01:00

Norwich Reserves 0, Watford Reserves 1

Another Michael Theoklitos howler was enough to separate Norwich and Watford reserves in a tale of two penalties at Carrow Road.

============

The Australian stopper, who has not featured for the first team since conceding seven against Paul Lambert''s Colchester United side in the season opener, tried to take the ball past Liam Henderson but the Watford striker dispossessed him before Theoklitos dived at his feet and leaving the big number nine in a heap.

OTBC

ok...but one big mistake does not a poor keeper make. Other than this, in the reserves, he kept them out. Peerhaps he was trying too hard? Maybe not but let us give him a bit of a break

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]ok...but one big mistake does not a poor keeper make. Other than this, in the reserves, he kept them out. Peerhaps he was trying too hard? Maybe not but let us give him a bit of a break[/quote]

I agree regarding mistakes, especially for goalkeepers - but this isn''t his first mistake is it? The man is a liability.

"No but on the other hand this one mistake is only being underlined in bold due to the 7-1 horror show. Rudd would not have been given the same headline I feel"That doesn''t hold any water. A murderer isn''t a serial murderer until

he''s killed more than one person. Bit macabre but the logic is sound.

Rudd didn''t make those howlers against Colechester he did and he''s done

it again. I for one would be gutted if ever get a start for the first

team again. And amazed if he''s not released in some way by Xmas.

yes it was a howler, he had the ball at his feet, all he had to do was clear it, but he trys to dribble around their striker, loses it, then brings him down trying to get it back

Boo Theoklitos.. The ONLY keeper in the world who would ever do this.

I find the reporting of this ''reserve game'' incredibly pathetic.

Goalkeepers do make mistakes. I notice in the last reserve game it wasn''t reported ''Theoklitos keeps clean sheet'' in big bold headline text.

Even keepers like Foster and last night Hannemann make the wrong decisions.

I did not go so can''t comment directly but the report mentioned that he made a couple of decent saves. Saying that, Lambert was there and taking notes.

For what it is worth young Mr Rudd did not cover himself in glory at the Peterborough game.  According to the watching Bazza was at fault for one goal and very badly positioned for another...........

I did go and Theo made one big, horror epic, howler on a gigantum scale. An accident waiting to happen. Mr unpredictable.

clean sheet gone, point gone. he did make two half decent ''saves'' but did not have a lot to do.

the rest of the negatives were.... poor penalty Damon. He was captain, but why didnt curo or cody take it?

Martin is NOT a left midfielder, mcveigh and Cureton are past it, just no pace at all and Norwich are a titchy side bar three.

on the plus side, there are some really promising footballers coming through. Dawkin came on in place of Martin and looked very good indeed, a left footed midfielder with a bit of pace and prepared to take on his man!!!, both kelly and Dumic will be good players, and Wiggins though small, has more game time  and was quite energetic.

Much of this is way out of proportion - put there by Michael Bailey''s Achant sensation seeking headlines. Read the Official Site report for a more balanced view.

First of all it was Francomb''s badly placed back-pass that caused the problem. Theoklitos couldn''t pick it up, so had to try to play it around the striker, who took it off him, leaving Theoklitos no choice but to dive for the ball. Get your facts straight before you publicly write off someone''s career! His keeping was good for the rest of the match.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Indeed, the headline''s supposed to be the score. Tut.[/quote]

You say that Pete, but what good is it doing to one of our own players to publicly slam them like that over a reserve game?

Maybe the journalist in question would be more suited to HEAT magazine.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]"No but on the other hand this one mistake is only being underlined in bold due to the 7-1 horror show. Rudd would not have been given the same headline I feel"That doesn''t hold any water. A murderer isn''t a serial murderer until

he''s killed more than one person. Bit macabre but the logic is sound.

Rudd didn''t make those howlers against Colechester he did and he''s done

it again. I for one would be gutted if ever get a start for the first

team again. And amazed if he''s not released in some way by Xmas.[/quote]Unfortunately not, one is not considered a serial killer until after the third murder and they must all occur within a 30 day period. So there is hope for the lad yet.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

Much of this is way out of proportion - put there by Michael Bailey''s Achant sensation seeking headlines. Read the Official Site report for a more balanced view.

First of all it was Francomb''s badly placed back-pass that caused the problem. Theoklitos couldn''t pick it up, so had to try to play it around the striker, who took it off him, leaving Theoklitos no choice but to dive for the ball. Get your facts straight before you publicly write off someone''s career! His keeping was good for the rest of the match.

[/quote]

Surely he could have just kicked the ball out of play ?  To try to beat an opponent one on one in your own penalty area seems pretty stupid to me.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]

Surely he could have just kicked the ball out of play ?  To try to beat an opponent one on one in your own penalty area seems pretty stupid to me.

[/quote]

Almost as stupid as the reaction on here. Do we get a thread for every mistake an outfield player makes a mistake?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]"No but on the other hand this one mistake is only being underlined in bold due to the 7-1 horror show. Rudd would not have been given the same headline I feel"
That doesn''t hold any water. A murderer isn''t a serial murderer until he''s killed more than one person. Bit macabre but the logic is sound. Rudd didn''t make those howlers against Colechester he did and he''s done it again. I for one would be gutted if ever get a start for the first team again. And amazed if he''s not released in some way by Xmas.
[/quote]

Unfortunately not, one is not considered a serial killer until after the third murder and they must all occur within a 30 day period. So there is hope for the lad yet.
[/quote]

Silly bunt.  A 30 day period does not a serial killer make. It is numbers. You were correct about the 3, but way WAY off base with the 30 day time limit. No such thing as a time limit on what it takes be qualify for status as a serial killer.   Or is this some new regulation passed by the EU?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]"No but on the other hand this one mistake is only being underlined in bold due to the 7-1 horror show. Rudd would not have been given the same headline I feel"
That doesn''t hold any water. A murderer isn''t a serial murderer until he''s killed more than one person. Bit macabre but the logic is sound. Rudd didn''t make those howlers against Colechester he did and he''s done it again. I for one would be gutted if ever get a start for the first team again. And amazed if he''s not released in some way by Xmas.
[/quote]

Unfortunately not, one is not considered a serial killer until after the third murder and they must all occur within a 30 day period. So there is hope for the lad yet.
[/quote]

Silly bunt.  A 30 day period does not a serial killer make. It is numbers. You were correct about the 3, but way WAY off base with the 30 day time limit. No such thing as a time limit on what it takes be qualify for status as a serial killer.   Or is this some new regulation passed by the EU?

[quote user="Destort"]Almost as stupid as the reaction on here. Do we get a thread for every mistake an outfield player makes a mistake?[/quote]

Depends who the player is...

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Almost as stupid as the reaction on here. Do we get a thread for every mistake an outfield player makes a mistake?

[/quote]

You''d think that a player that has got himself a bit of a reputation for disaster would do all that he can to avoid adding fuel to the fire.