Sign in to follow this  
he

Gary Doherty

Gary Doherty is not good enough at the back at he moment and hasn''t been for a very long time. Since Paul Lambert has decided he don''t want him and we still have to have him at least until january maybe he could be back-up as a striker?

I don''t see he him as a potential regular goalscorer as the rest of the strikers in the club, except for Grant Holt. But he is quite strong which can be useful when holding up the ball which none except for Grant Holt can do.

He is good in the air and would be a handful for the defenders until we hopefully sometime in the future get a regular goalscorer to partner Grant Holt.

With two strong strikers up-front to hold up the ball, there could be lot of time for the midfielders/full-backs to come forward to support them wit forward runs.

The Doc. seems to divide opinions more than any other NCFC player in recent years (Croft included.)

I personally consider Doherty to be" good enough at the back at the moment."  I think many agree with me on this.

However, I have said before, that I would like to see him move on now. I would like to see Russel, Drury and Otsemobor move on also.

A complete clear-out of all the main participants in our decline since Grant  is now necessary. New league, new start.

This does not mean  that I single out any of these players for blame. Let''s begin afress.

As for Doherty. He has been a stalwart in a difficult position for a number of years now.  His is not a class act, but class is not usually associated with

lower league central defenders  (inc. the Championship.) and again: You do win a Player of the Season award at Championship level if you are a poor player.

As many have suggested. there is more to Lambert''s handling of the Doc situation than meets the eye. It seems that he has been instructed to unload the high earners.

I also think that Lambert, himself enviages a completely fresh start with existing youngsters and his own  choices from the rest.

GD is, I believe, only 27. He will reappear at a higher level as a central defender, albeit with a moderate club.

I always thought him too immobile to be a forward. However, he is a proven goalscorer with his head. If we have to pay his wages,

then he has some value as an impact player.

is

Anyone that thinks the Doc isn''t as good as Nelson or Spillane at CB either hasn''t watched many Norwich games or is just blinkered and jumping on the Hate Doc bandwagon!

That said it look like the Doc would be best of leaving for pastures new cause the new manager obviously doesn''t rate him though I won''t be surprised if the hopeless, useless (in the blinkered fans eyes) Doc ends up at a club in the Championship a Division higher than what we''re in!

Agree, too many people berating Doc who just seem to be following suit, Hes clumsy and prone to mistakes, but at the same time hes put in some solid performance.

Considrering the alternatives (who I dont think have been that great) im suprised at the abuse the Doherty seems to get.

[quote user="Specialized Canary"]

Agree, too many people berating Doc who just seem to be following suit, Hes clumsy and prone to mistakes, but at the same time hes put in some solid performance.

Considrering the alternatives (who I dont think have been that great) im suprised at the abuse the Doherty seems to get.

[/quote]

GrantRoedToDisaster, if D''OHerty signs and plays for a CCC team, you can rest assured we will be playing them next season if we don''t get promoted.

SC, I find it amusing how people defend Dorkerty while at the same time admitting he is a clumsy oaf prone to errors. Really?  I mean, REALLY!?!?!?????[*-)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Specialized Canary"]

[/quote]

GrantRoedToDisaster, if D''OHerty signs and plays for a CCC team, you can rest assured we will be playing them next season if we don''t get promoted.

SC, I find it amusing how people defend Dorkerty while at the same time admitting he is a clumsy oaf prone to errors. Really?  I mean, REALLY!?!?!?????[*-)]

[/quote]

That''s the way it is. Any player who has played for Norwich in recent years has some fundamental weaknesses to their game, as would most players in the lower leagues. Grant Holt is great, works his balls off and scores goals, but he is slow there is no point denying this. Doherty is great at heading it out and generally a solid defender as long as play is infront of him, but he is clumsy and slow to react. Darren Huckerby ran with the ball beautifully, but he couldn''t head the ball. Otsemobor is very quick and fairly robust but he has a three second time delay mal-function whenever he recieves the ball. Croft could run very fast with that crazed, demented look in his eyes, but he could not cross a ball to save his life. Lappin has a fantastic cross, but is slow, a bit light-weight at times, and he dives a lot. All the thousands of goalkeepers we''ve had since Green have been decent shot stoppers, but prone to bad kicking or flapping at crosses.

All these players have done a job for Norwich City, some better than others, but even our greatest players have what could be considered serious flaws. So, Yes, REALLY!

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Specialized Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the way it is. Any player who has played for Norwich in recent years has some fundamental weaknesses to their game, as would most players in the lower leagues. Grant Holt is great, works his balls off and scores goals, but he is slow there is no point denying this. Doherty is great at heading it out and generally a solid defender as long as play is infront of him, but he is clumsy and slow to react. Darren Huckerby ran with the ball beautifully, but he couldn''t head the ball. Otsemobor is very quick and fairly robust but he has a three second time delay mal-function whenever he recieves the ball. Croft could run very fast with that crazed, demented look in his eyes, but he could not cross a ball to save his life. Lappin has a fantastic cross, but is slow, a bit light-weight at times, and he dives a lot. All the thousands of goalkeepers we''ve had since Green have been decent shot stoppers, but prone to bad kicking or flapping at crosses.

All these players have done a job for Norwich City, some better than others, but even our greatest players have what could be considered serious flaws. So, Yes, REALLY!

[/quote]

But Eeyore was signed to play for us in the Prem, not Division 3.  So REALLY!!!!!?????????