Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

those of a nervous disposition

should really not go in the south stand (or whatever it is now callled)

i did so yesterday to attend the reunion match and in the refreshment concourse there are loads of big posters of old players, but hiding in the corner (appropriately between the toilets) is a picture of the man who nearly killed our club

what in the hell is it doing there?!?  Apparently these piccies are sponsored, but on closer inspection (not by me, i would have thrown up) it is sponsored by a medal/trophy firm, i suppose you have to laugh at that one!

now don''t get me wrong, i can think of one thing chase did that was good for the club (ie leave) but to have him there beaming at me was too much to bear, i thank god i hadn''t had the food provided at that point

maybe looking at it cynically it was a brief history of who he had sold over the years, whatever, it doesn''t rest easy with me and left a very nasty taste in the mouth..... who was responsible for this act should keep well clear of gazza

[quote]Probably just a bit of reverse psychology - just remember what can happen if this sort of man is ever allowed to control a football club....![/quote]

I think life''s too short to hold grudges. Chase may have been incompetent, but I don''t think he intended to harm the club. We don''t need a bogey man anymore.

I''m with Gazza on this one.  Why the hell should he be given the space on that wall.  It should go to people who have been repsected over the years and the fans hold in fond memory.  Would you want a picture of Bryan Hamilton?  Andy Marshall?  I don''t think so

I think you''ll find that the reason he''s there is because the hall of fame entrants were voted for by the fans and Chase got enough votes to be voted in. Some might find this amazing but in reality there are enough grumpy old blokes in the City Stand/Riverend who will still tell you to this day that he was the best thing ever to happen to the club so I can see how it happened.

i think the club has had problems with vermin under the new stand. to combat this they have put up a picture of the biggest rat they could find to scare them off

nice one nolegs!

they got rid of your arms yet?
                          heheheh nolegsnoarms..............

AJ i''m one of the most ''armless people you could meet,as for legless ....depends what time you see me in the pub!!

I propose someone should vandalise it, I think we''ll all happily buy that person a drink in recognition of their work of excellence