Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Just back from Gillingham

What a hole! Only 7,000 there...but I suppose close to their capacity. Probably about 2000 of them City fans sitting in that makeshift pile of scaffolding.

They ran out of programmes! what a joke...we were robbed by the referee, never a penalty or a sending off decision but thankfully clawed something back. Like last week, it felt like a win at the end but I suppose it was the relief. We were worth a point, but no more. Too many players were off their game. Hoolahan got a lot of the play but as usual overcomplicated his play, held it for too long and too often lost it. I dont know what happened to Otsemabor but he was looking like he was going to have one of his lazy, ball watching games so I was a bit relieved to see him replaced early.

Spillane and Askou were not at their best and Hughes really did nothing in my estimation. Russell was worth his place, always battling, same as Holt but overall not a lot of good link play, poor passing...still not there by a long way, unfortunately.

Dont think I''ll be making the trip for the JPT on 6th October

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I guess you don''t live in Norwich..... sounds good anyway...
[/quote]

I was thinking that too [:P]

Got my ticket for Gills in the JPT today [:)] + I get to miss 2 lessons of school for it [Y]

My mums not too happy though [A] [:P]

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I guess you don''t live in Norwich..... sounds good anyway...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its not a pre requisite is it guys? You can support Norwich from outside the County?

HooleyFan, of course you can mate, just thought you must have got home in some kind of rocket if you did!

Just back myself and thought we were worth a point. Couldn''t see if it was a penalty from where I was, my the ref certainly was giving every 50-50 to the Gills.

Lots of work to do as yet, the team is a work in progress, but they got stronger as the game went on, and reacted first when the ball came off the bar in the 95th minute.

[quote user="Brendan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

really??

mee tooo!!!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]What a hole! Only 7,000 there...but I suppose close to their capacity. Probably about 2000 of them City fans sitting in that makeshift pile of scaffolding.

They ran out of programmes! what a joke...we were robbed by the referee, never a penalty or a sending off decision but thankfully clawed something back. Like last week, it felt like a win at the end but I suppose it was the relief. We were worth a point, but no more. Too many players were off their game. Hoolahan got a lot of the play but as usual overcomplicated his play, held it for too long and too often lost it. I dont know what happened to Otsemabor but he was looking like he was going to have one of his lazy, ball watching games so I was a bit relieved to see him replaced early.

Spillane and Askou were not at their best and Hughes really did nothing in my estimation. Russell was worth his place, always battling, same as Holt but overall not a lot of good link play, poor passing...still not there by a long way, unfortunately.

Dont think I''ll be making the trip for the JPT on 6th October[/quote]

i feel we keep blaming ref''s, yes i agree we seem to be on the back foot with them, but we seem to lack the killer desire that leeds and charlton have!Our defence is still a concern, we leak silly goals and with the lack of killer instinct it is going to be a problem, silly goals are ok if you score 3 or 4. we dont!i think we need to step up, but it is better then we have had! so stroll on!

Funny, I thought their pen was a dead cert at the time... clearly I need some glasses [:S]Still, Russell''s goal and what followed was priceless. Brilliant stuff, and a point well deserved for sheer character shown in the face of total adversity.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Leak silly goals, .....a penalty is a different matter!![/quote]what??penalties are created by mistakes? although this one sounds like a refing error, but we cant escape we are leaking goals, 14th in league you dont get there winning games!