Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

Managers Lottery

Without the benefit of hindsight, how many of you out there would have been happy had we appoined Keane as our manager during the recent (and frequent) changes. I would have been about 70% happy with him as a manager who could probably attract decent players but it just goes to show it is horses for courses when it comes to managers methods working for one club but not others. Mike Walker took us to dizzy heights but struggled at Everton (although may have been different given time). Keane may well turn things around at Portaloo Road (god i hope not) but may run out of time and patience. Martin O''Neill lost his first five games at Leicester and all the fans thought he was absolute rubbish. I hope Lambert proves to be the right one for us and you cannot doubt his passion and commitment.

Personally I would have been gutted had we appointed him . I dont like managers that stand and ball at the ref and shout at players too much. Worthington had a great attitude and whilst keane isnt as bad tempered as a manager than as he was as a player, i still think that behind the scenes there are some unhappy players.

Glad we didnt get him , even if he magages to get the scum promoted this season ..