Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Malky fee?

I would go for 300k tops..but Malkay might like to read the comment on one of the Coventry site on Mad

Coventry City have announced that they are in talks with Scottish international Malky Mackay.

A deal has been agreed with the over-rated Norwich defender and City hope to sign the Scot when he comes back from international duty with Scotland. He has been at Norwich for six seasons and was captain last season.
Meanwhile Peter Reid has been linked with the managers job at Blackburn Rovers after Graeme Souness left to join Newcastle United.

Does anyone think he should be sold?

I think he should of been given his chance ?  as he was part of the defense that done so well last season i know he might be a bit slow but...............

I find myself wondering if he and NW have had a bustup. Can''t believe Malky would demand out so early in the season if it was just about first team football, odds are with injuries / suspension he''d get a run in the team before long.

Is there more to this? Anyone have the inside track?

Personally I always rated Malky even when he used to get grief in his early years!

I feel it is bad management to let him go now the transfer window is shut he would have been good cover plus I think he would of been okay in the Prem admittedly he isnt quick but he can tackle well, stop the opposition playing and is always committed!

I have concerns over Helveg and Johnson the new boys I dont think they will cut it.

Charlton is proving a good buy as is Docherty but if Malky goes we dont have any real height in defence!

Maybe Worthy is coming out of retirement?

Malky was one of the most consistant players last season...he did his bit in getting us to the Premier League and should be given his chance.

Read a post earlier today saying the out of contract Djorkaeff could be a target.  Do you reckon the freeing up of Malkys wages and tr fee may help finance that move? Then using GP as defensive cover?

Sad to see Malky go though. Shame he hasnt been given a chance, seeing as what a great impact he had on getting us here in the first place.  Thats football though...he''s a pro and knows it, and at least he''s getting the recognition he deserves via his country now. Good luck to ya Malky!