Sign in to follow this  

With hughes back and our best player, the form of korey smith and the goal scoring return for russell he starts tuesday?

for me i would like them all to be included;

Rudd ( assuming forster is as expected suspended)

otsemobor     askou   spillane   drury

smith

russell   hughes    lappin

hoolahan

holt

I feel though that lambert likes the pace of daley so either smith, russell, or hughes will be droped

No width or pace in that side, Orient will settle for a point so we''re going to need to make the pitch as big as possible and with no width and then no pace to stretch their back 4 we''ll struggle to break them down.

The only way we''re going to be able to play smith, hughes and russell is to either move Smith wide to full back or on the wing or to change the system to a 4-3-3 but this would probably involve dropping Hoolahan and Lappin as you need people who are going to give you natural width and have a bit of pace to give you balance.

Rudd                                                                                Ostemobor               Askou              Spillane        Drury                                                                    Smith                                                                                       Hoolahan                                                                                                 Hughes                  Russell                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mcdonald                  Holt         

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

With hughes back and our best player, the form of korey smith and the goal scoring return for russell he starts tuesday?

for me i would like them all to be included;

Rudd ( assuming forster is as expected suspended)

otsemobor     askou   spillane   drury

smith

russell   hughes    lappin

hoolahan

holt

I feel though that lambert likes the pace of daley so either smith, russell, or hughes will be droped

[/quote]I like the look of this. Pace is overrated when you''ve got enough footballing intelligence on the pitch to make up for it, and in Wes, Rusty and Hughes, we do. With Hoolahan in a free role, Lappin and Russell can provide width in way I previously described here. Having Daley in the team simply to provide pace is pointless, as he''s only crossing for 1 striker, and not crossing well anyway.