Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Quote from TWTD

Nice to see some talent on the pitch. Shame she left after singing ''My Way!'' I''m guessing we weren''t able to talk any of the old boys out of retirement either!

Seriously though, tonight''s performance was feeble. Its bad enough to give one soft goal away a game but today our defending was absolutely shocking and inexcusable, and we offered precious little going forward. There is no getting away from it, we are now in a relegation battle - fact! We''re looking like going into October without a win and may well be in or around the bottom 3 for the foreseeable future.

Everyone makes mistakes but we are making too many. Balkestein and Smith are both young and learning, and right now this is not a good environment for them. Bruce, while he was on the pitch tonight, was something of a liability. Delaney is vying for Finidi''s title of ''worst player ever!'' Richard Wright could have done better today, but i suspect that his mistakes this season stem from a lack of faith in the back 4.

Its time for the board to make some decisions. Back RK or sack him: Give him money to bring in 1 or 2 (or more) good defenders and someone who can score goals or sack him and bring in someone else to try and re-invigorate the squad. Charlton went on a long winless run last year and were down by Christmas. We aren''t far off that! Time to hit the panic button and do whatever needs to be done to turn this season around and prevent disaster...

So much for the ''we''re gonna walk this with Keano in charge'' [:D]

The best thing of all is to remember that it was a special day to commemorate Bobby Robson. So how thoughtful was Roy Keane in making sure the result was the one Sir Bobby would have really wanted.