Sign in to follow this  
Rustys 1st Touch

Player Ratings vs Gillingham

Heres my ratings on yesterdays game:Forster 5 - Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but thought it probably was a peno as Forster didn''t touch ball.Drury 6 - Solid enough at the back but think he''s lacking in pace these days to get forward effectively.Askou  4 - Thought he was poor enough and his distribution was appalling, worried how easily Jackson & Barcham got in behind him.Spillane 5 - Struggled to get distance in his headers and headed it straight to Gillingham players too often. Better second half, still think he is our best option at right back.Otsemobor 3 - Went off injured but he was too reluctant to get forward when he had space. Wayward passing again.Lappin 3 - Poor game from Lappin, sloppy in possession and poor delivery from set piece in the second half.Russell 6 - Worked and battled hard particularly in the second half. Passing and touch does let him down at times but got a deserved equaliser at the end.Smith 6 - Moved around alot after the sending off and injuries but worked hard and managed to win the ball back at vital moments. Looks very promising.Daley 5 - Only played 30 mins but he had their defence worried with his pace and directness.Hoolahan 6 -  Worked his socks off and created a few chances in the first half. Once we were down to ten men he didn''t get the ball as much and when he did he was often outnumbered. Still think he is better than Lappin and could play wide left if we want to play another striker with Holt.Holt 6 - Didn''t receive much quality once down to ten men but he made the goal we his header off the bar. Would like to see a new loan striker to play up front with him to help him.Subs:Rudd 6 - Looked a bit nervy early on but made some vital saves second half to keep us in the game.Hughes 5 - Quiet enough when he came on, didn''t look fully fit tbh.McDonald 5 - His pace should have caused their slow defence more problems but his touch lets him down at times. Still not sure he''s good enough. 

Giving 3''s is very harsh and would say that the person played woefully.. and for players who didn''t make much impact or mistakes I''d give them an average of 6.

Oh dear.

I saw this opening line,  "Forster 5 - Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but thought it probably was a peno as Forster didn''t touch ball", and all you lost credibility after that.

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]Forster 5 - Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but thought it probably was a peno as Forster didn''t touch ball.[/quote]So that applies even if he didn''t bring the player down?Bearing in mind also that ''if'' it were to be a penalty anyway he is effectively given a red card for preventing a clear scoring oppertunity, as the rules state.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]So that applies even if he didn''t bring the player down?Bearing in mind also that ''if'' it were to be a penalty anyway he is effectively given a red card for preventing a clear scoring oppertunity, as the rules state.[/quote]I still think its a grey area and I''ve seen similar incidents where the keepers stay on if it wasn''t a blatant attempt to take down the player which I thought was the case yesterday.Take a look at the Cardiff penalty against Sheff Wed on Saturday. Very similar.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Oh dear.

I saw this opening line,  "Forster 5 - Thought the sending off was a bit harsh but thought it probably was a peno as Forster didn''t touch ball", and all you lost credibility after that.

[/quote]Take off the rose-tinted spectacles. If Grant Holt went down in the same incident you''d be saying it was a stonewall penalty.

but he did go down in the last minute and it was a penalty if the first one was the ref made a bad decision and then doesn''t back it up when holt does the same thing to royce it was just so poor

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

Oh dear.

[/quote]

Take off the rose-tinted spectacles. If Grant Holt went down in the same incident you''d be saying it was a stonewall penalty.
[/quote]

Er - no I wouldn''t. I''d have been embarressed to have been given that decision. Here''s what I posted on WotB about the two shouts for a penalty that Holt had in the second half. Didn''t think the second one was a pen at all. Go on have a look - posted at 19:10 Saturday evening.

From my biased view

There were two Holt shouts for a pen the first he went up for a cross and got taken out by two jumping at him- the second I thought was an old pros trick he stopped at the edge of the box and the defender couldn''t stop and ran into him.

The first was more of a pen than the second