Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Forster appeal

Anyone heard if there will be one. Haven''t see the video footage - does it lookk cut and dried?

[quote user="dpit"]Anyone heard if there will be one. Haven''t see the video footage - does it lookk cut and dried?[/quote]

The decision looked a bit iffy, I thought the sending off was harsh but I can''t see where anyone could say the ref made a blatant mistake, havn''t heard if we will appeal.

I''ve only seen the brief highlights on BBC iPlayer. If what I saw is the only camera angle, I can''t see the decision being overturned.

[quote user="dpit"]Anyone heard if there will be one. Haven''t see the video footage - does it lookk cut and dried?[/quote]

The video footage on Football League show (45 mins) is.... inconclusive!!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I''ve only seen the brief highlights on BBC iPlayer. If what I saw is the only camera angle, I can''t see the decision being overturned.[/quote]Agree. Probably best to be resigned to a one match ban. Bloody good flick from Jackson.

From behind the goal it looked a clear dive, but like others have said the TV angle is inconclusive. I think we''d be best not to contest it, you don''t want to get on the wrong side of the FA as it could come back and bite us later in the season. Let Rudd have the chance on Tuesday night. He made a few early nearvy mistakes, but went on to look very composed second half. Good distribution too.

Was Difficult To Tell From The Footie League Show! [:S] They Needed A Closer Angle/View Of It......... But If It Can''t Be Overturned, I''m Looking Forward To Seeing Rudd Play On Tuesday, Presume It Would Be Him, Doubt It Would Be Theo! :)

On the Football league show (after Match of the Day) Steve Claridge seemed to think the penalty decision was debatable & that the red card was probably not required as their striker had knocked the ball too far away from goal in trying to go past Forster and that in all probabaility covering defenders would have got back to the goal line to clear any shot made from an acute angle. Consequently it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity and therefore not a red card, if a foul had been committed in the first place. Definitely worth an appeal I would say.

This yet another example of the need for video replays. The game has got a lot quicker in recent years and refs are incapable of getting these split second decisions right often enough. Main problem is we always seem to be the victims!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Isn''t a straigh red a three match ban? or am I wrong?

[/quote]Oooh, what could the odds be?Professional foul = 1 match ban.Violent conduct = 3 match ban.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Oooh, what could the odds be?

Professional foul = 1 match ban.
Violent conduct = 3 match ban.

[/quote]

Okay smart arse..............I only bloody asked............in the future Mr Chops I shall treat you as a dead man , I''m totally sick of your constant point scoring.

Bye.......it ain''t been a pleasure.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Oooh, what could the odds be?Professional foul = 1 match ban.Violent conduct = 3 match ban.[/quote]

Okay smart arse..............I only bloody asked............in the future Mr Chops I shall treat you as a dead man , I''m totally sick of your constant point scoring.

Bye.......it ain''t been a pleasure.

[/quote]What''s the matter?  Didn''t I answer your question?

I think we should appeal, just for the hell of it. this ref is as all in this league total idiots, our results this season have been dictated by these clowns, yes we have been able to score goals in added time that is not the debate, but the FA and League must all belong to the Free masons and get away with inept decision makeing week in week out, even though I cant see this being overturned,As the ref would have to admit he got it wronge, And we would not get the deserved points back, we have to appeal.     

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]If we didn''t appeal it would basically say that we accept the decision.[/quote]And then send out the message that we''re happy with the referee and his decision making

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]If we didn''t appeal it would basically say that we accept the decision.
[/quote]
And then send out the message that we''re happy with the referee and his decision making
[/quote]

Yes quite right we have to appeal

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Weren''t they saying on the radio yesterday that we get the same refs in League 1 as the Championship?[/quote]The three bad ones we''ve had this season - Roger East, Steve Tanner and Paul Taylor - all referee regularly at a higher level. Tanner has done a lot of Prem games the last 3 years but seems to have been demoted.

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Weren''t they saying on the radio yesterday that we get the same refs in League 1 as the Championship?[/quote]The three bad ones we''ve had this season - Roger East, Steve Tanner and Paul Taylor - all referee regularly at a higher level. Tanner has done a lot of Prem games the last 3 years but seems to have been demoted.[/quote]So could we say that they get complacent when they come down to a lower level?

I was one of the very small minority of City fans at the game yesterday who thought that it was a pen. Haven''t seen the replays to be honest but at the time I''d have done what the ref did! Forster should have stood him up, he was on his way away anyhow. I''d take a ban on the chin to be honest. Besides which - I thought that, apart from a scary out of area header early on, Declan was good. A couple of brilliantly timed ground smothers, 2 good blocks and a reflex effort, plus his presence helped unsettle them for the goal in extra time. Hope he makes a serious challenge for the place.

On an unrelated point to the topic in question did anyone see puncheons foul on the Leeds player in the mk dons game, that was similar to a couple of the fouls in our game against them. If the ref in that game had done his job properly they would have been down to ten men then as well. As for Paul ince trying to defend him I thought that was laughable.

I don''t think that you can really tell one way or the other from the TV pictures what happened.  It looked to me like Forster started diving to his left to block the ball and just before he got there the Gillingham player knocked it to Forster''s right.  You couldn''t tell if there was contact with the player by Forster and without a different angle it looked like a pen.  The one thing that is worth taking into account is that the ball went off quickly to the right and probably too far for the Gillingham player to catch.  If this was so then it couldn''t be a red card as there wouldn''t have been a "clear goalscoring opportunity" even if he''d stayed on his feet.  Just got the suspicion that the player realised that his touch was too heavy and that he wouldn''t catch the ball and so decided to go down.  Even if it was a pen (and I''m still not convinced by that) we should appeal as it wasn''t a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I was in Row AA behind the goal - perfect view. It was a dive.

But if the pictures I saw on BBC and Sky are the only ones available, I wouldn''t be very hopeful that the decision is overturned.