Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Good luck to Chris Sutton - new manager of Lincoln City

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/lincolncity/Chris-Sutton-appointed-Lincoln-City-manager/article-1373370-detail/article.html

I can tell you he will need all the good luck that''s going.  Ramshackle team bereft of ideas with not a regular goal scorer in sight - best keeper in League Two but that''s about it at the moment.  Risky appointment of someone who has never managed but Imps fans will be hoping it works.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/lincolncity/Chris-Sutton-appointed-Lincoln-City-manager/article-1373370-detail/article.html

I can tell you he will need all the good luck that''s going.  Ramshackle team bereft of ideas with not a regular goal scorer in sight - best keeper in League Two but that''s about it at the moment.  Risky appointment of someone who has never managed but Imps fans will be hoping it works.

[/quote]

Maybe he will sign as a player manager! [:P]

Good luck Chris, I''d have to say that in nearly 30 years of watching Norwich I''d have to say that he was the best player I''ve seen in a yellow shirt. However he''s never really struck me as management material??, it''s going to interesting to see how he does, might be a very brief foray - I hope not!

Shocked at the appointment, but am pleased for the big lad. Hope he does well.

Another old face we will want to see in a few years.

Was reading some of the fans opions on their message board - i would say 70% of them are not happy!

Their fans sound just like us on a cold Monday morning after a heavy loss the previous Saturday!!!

Was reading some of the fans opinions on their message board - i would say 70% of them are not happy!

Their fans sound just like us on a cold Monday morning after a heavy loss the previous Saturday!!!

Yes this has gone down like the proverbial lead balloon I''m afraid.  Usual rules though: wait and see.  Last throw of the dice for the current board I would say..........if it goes wrong there''ll be trouble down the potato fields and that lot do stay away if necessary.

Good luck to you Chris!! [Y]

If you''re looking for some player...

Maric, Cureton, Doc, Theo are available if you want them [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Yes this has gone down like the proverbial lead balloon I''m afraid.  Usual rules though: wait and see.  Last throw of the dice for the current board I would say..........if it goes wrong there''ll be trouble down the potato fields and that lot do stay away if necessary.[/quote]

Damn this current problem with this web-site! That was supposed to have a comment along the lines of......

Cam surely there must have been other names in the running, given the number of managerial changes recently, for this role. I know Lincoln is a b*gger to get to at the best of times, but it''s a nice enough city for a night out! Why go for someone so untired and tested. I didn''t know he even wanted a go at managing, don''t think he''s done any coaching certificates. As you say one last throw of the dice, so what happens if it goes belly up?

Whatever, hope Sutton does better than his SAS striking partner did at Toon.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Will actually cast half an eye at Luton scores in the future then !
All the best Chris Sutton !
[/quote]

Luton...?[:^)]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Damn this current problem with this web-site! That was supposed to have a comment along the lines of...... Cam surely there must have been other names in the running, given the number of managerial changes recently, for this role. I know Lincoln is a b*gger to get to at the best of times, but it''s a nice enough city for a night out! Why go for someone so untired and tested. I didn''t know he even wanted a go at managing, don''t think he''s done any coaching certificates. As you say one last throw of the dice, so what happens if it goes belly up? Whatever, hope Sutton does better than his SAS striking partner did at Toon.[/quote]

Not the fans choice, no.  And no one saw this coming out of left field.  Pemberton (Forest), Ward before he went to Colchester, Ronnie Moore (could we have afforded him?), Brabin (Cambridge) had two interviews and would have been okay with many especially as the Board have spent three weeks saying they needed people with a knowledge of lower league/non league football.  Pearce has some (most lately with Kingstonian), Sutton none as far as I know.

However, the latest Lincoln rumours may explain this left field appointment - if the rumours are true.  And that is that Sutton is putting up £250k of his own money into the club.  Now that *would* be highly attractive to any City Board I''ve ever known. [:P]

Let''s hope it works.  We will know by around Christmas I would think but he''s got a hell of a job on his hands.  And it''s an unforgiving fan base - unlike the allegations that many of the Norwich supporters are in thrall of a Z list lady and just come along for a nice afternoon out that certainly isn''t the case at Imps.  It''s pretty hardcore and a disgruntled Co-op Stand is not an entirely pleasant experience for those on the end of it.

We don''t want Theo by the way - Rob Burch is probably the best keeper in League Two and has already saved our arrus from some less than pleasant scorelines this season.

Interesting times all round.[:D]

[quote user="shefcanary"]Damn this current problem with this web-site! That was supposed to have a comment along the lines of...... Cam surely there must have been other names in the running, given the number of managerial changes recently, for this role. I know Lincoln is a b*gger to get to at the best of times, but it''s a nice enough city for a night out! Why go for someone so untired and tested. I didn''t know he even wanted a go at managing, don''t think he''s done any coaching certificates. As you say one last throw of the dice, so what happens if it goes belly up? Whatever, hope Sutton does better than his SAS striking partner did at Toon.[/quote]

Not the fans choice, no.  And no one saw this coming out of left field.  Pemberton (Forest), Ward before he went to Colchester, Ronnie Moore (could we have afforded him?), Brabin (Cambridge) had two interviews and would have been okay with many especially as the Board have spent three weeks saying they needed people with a knowledge of lower league/non league football.  Pearce has some (most lately with Kingstonian), Sutton none as far as I know.

However, the latest Lincoln rumours may explain this left field appointment - if the rumours are true.  And that is that Sutton is putting up £250k of his own money into the club.  Now that *would* be highly attractive to any City Board I''ve ever known. [:P]

Let''s hope it works.  We will know by around Christmas I would think but he''s got a hell of a job on his hands.  And it''s an unforgiving fan base - unlike the allegations that many of the Norwich supporters are in thrall of a Z list lady and just come along for a nice afternoon out that certainly isn''t the case at Imps.  It''s pretty hardcore and a disgruntled Co-op Stand is not an entirely pleasant experience for those on the end of it.

We don''t want Theo by the way - Rob Burch is probably the best keeper in League Two and has already saved our arrus from some less than pleasant scorelines this season.

Interesting times all round.[:D]

[/quote]

He was in a local shop last week. Let''s just say that ''thrifty'' would be a good word to describe the scene.

He was in a local shop last week. Let''s just say that ''thrifty'' would be a good word to describe the scene.

LOL! Sounds like the man for Lincoln then[+o(]  We''ll see.

Little snippet emerging tonight: Martin O''Neill whom some of you like rang the Lincoln Chairman with his "personal recommendation."  Apparently he has been working with him to try and learn the ropes a bit.

Also had a reference from some bloke some of you DON''T like.  It''s Nigel something but Nutty Nigel really likes him.

What a way to cut your teeth.  Team with the Blue Square perfume about it, a terrific keeper and the only one to give 100 per cent every game so far as I see it, a non-existent midfield, strikers who can''t and a goodly collection of people who can''t be arsed to turn up most games and, yes, that includes you John Lennell-Lewis.[:@]  Running about a lot while trying to avoid getting the ball doesn''t count.

There is a further Norwich connection of course - Lincoln being the first club to give a pro contract to some gangly youth called Darren Huckerby after everyone else had told him he wasn''t good enough for them.

Funny old game, football.

Little snippet emerging tonight: Martin O''Neill whom some of you like rang the Lincoln Chairman with his "personal recommendation."  Apparently he has been working with him to try and learn the ropes a bit.

Also had a reference from some bloke some of you DON''T like.  It''s Nigel something but Nutty Nigel really likes him.

What a way to cut your teeth.  Team with the Blue Square perfume about it, a terrific keeper and the only one to give 100 per cent every game so far as I see it, a non-existent midfield, strikers who can''t and a goodly collection of people who can''t be arsed to turn up most games and, yes, that includes you John Lennell-Lewis.[:@]  Running about a lot while trying to avoid getting the ball doesn''t count.

There is a further Norwich connection of course - Lincoln being the first club to give a pro contract to some gangly youth called Darren Huckerby after everyone else had told him he wasn''t good enough for them.

Is this the same Nigel something that refused to sit down and talk to Sutton a few years back when he was begging to come back to Norwich, citing the fact that he didn''t feel he was fit.......only for him to sign for Premiership Aston Villa 2 weeks later ....unforgivable!

[/quote]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Is this the same Nigel something that refused to sit down and talk to Sutton a few years back when he was begging to come back to Norwich, citing the fact that he didn''t feel he was fit.......only for him to sign for Premiership Aston Villa 2 weeks later ....unforgivable!

[/quote][/quote]

No idea old chap - Nutty Nige will be your authority on this one.

Perhaps that should be "very funny old game?"

[:|][;)]

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Maybe he will sign as a player manager! [:P]

[/quote]

they could do worse!!

He never struck me as the type who would go into management or coaching, have heard many things about him when he was a player not being too intelligent. But good luck to him - although I do remember ripping up a poster of him whhen he signed for blackburn - but I was only 13!!

[/quote]

Six weeks ago you could have said the same about Norwich - except of course that we didn''t have a terrific keeper.  Funny old game football.